Forum Member

Talking Navy Firefighter

Hi guys, I am a Navy Vet of 15 years, and as my sign on designates, that is what I do. I have been enjoying my service to my country. I don't think I will be using what I learned from the Navy after I retire though, my knees and back aren't what they used to be. One thing I would love to do is teach people about what I do, and how to do it correctly.

I am happy that I found this forum, cause I am usually online a car enthusiast site most of the time. This allows me to do something else.

If anyone has any questions about what the Navy does these days just ask, and do we have any other Sailors or even Military members on here? Just curious.

Thanks.

Structural or Aviation, as long as you put wet stuff on red stuff, you are doing it right!!!

Forum Member

Welcome to the forums and Thank you for you protecting our country...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NavyABH17011 View Post
    Hi guys, I am a Navy Vet of 15 years, and as my sign on designates, that is what I do. I have been enjoying my service to my country. I don't think I will be using what I learned from the Navy after I retire though, my knees and back aren't what they used to be. One thing I would love to do is teach people about what I do, and how to do it correctly.

I am happy that I found this forum, cause I am usually online a car enthusiast site most of the time. This allows me to do something else.

If anyone has any questions about what the Navy does these days just ask, and do we have any other Sailors or even Military members on here? Just curious.

So 15 years huh, so where have you spent most of your time? I'm sure flattops. Did 5 years myself as a Damage Controlman (so I took care of the below decks) and commissioned the USS Harry S Truman (CVN-75). It was an experience on a big boy, but preferred the smaller ships.

As for the teaching thing, not sure where you will really find too many opportunities. Good luck with the rest of your enlistment and good luck on your retirement.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Forum Member

Default Welcome

Also as an ex-Damage Controlman welcome to the site. I was on the Kansas City AOR-3 on its first WEST-PAC. Thank you for your service and good luck on your future as a Firefighter.

Jay, DC-2
    Last edited by JayDudley; 12-17-2008 at 03:29 PM.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

Worldwide Menace

I did 8 years as an ABH on the Indy, Kitty and NAF Misawa... Currently a Firefighter in the Minnesota Air National Guard.. Welcome!

-Damien

Im currently in the U.S. Navy deployed in Africa. Im an aviation structural mechanic(AM) assigned to a P-3 Orion squadron. I am getting out of the navy when i return to the states and my goal right now is to become a firefighter/EMT, but im not really sure where to begin. I will be recieving the G.I. bill so school money wont be an issue im just trying to figure out what i need to do and in what order i need to do it. Does anyone have some advice?

Default Just a few questions about 7012......

Hey NavyABH17011, Im an ABH2 based out of San Diego. I got orders to report to 7012 in April and then shore duty. I was wondering if you could tell me what to expect when i get there to Goodfellow. I'm not too sure what to expect as far as the class schedules and liberty and such. If you could give me any info about 7012 I would appreciate it. my email is millerer@lpd8.navy.mil it would easier to get a hold of me on my ships email.

R/ ABH2 Miller

and
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyABH17011 View Post

Thanks.

Structural or Aviation, as long as you put wet stuff on red stuff, you are doing it right!!!

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Welcome to the forum!

Exclamation Navy Firefighter

I will be a Navy damage Controlman in July. Do you know anything about the rate or have any advice for me?

Thread Information