Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by alecshawn1 View Post
    Actually, it would only be a fee pass is i got it WITHOUT serving for 8 years.
    Since i did....Its no different than those with College that ALSO get credit.
    After serving in Kuwait during Operation Desert Storm and then 7 years after that (all as an Air Force Firefighter) i think that qualifies as "earning it").
    Besides, The Physical agility part of the exam has no "points" added. Its go or fail. The interviews were a cake after Military boards considering promotions ahead of schedule.
    But to respond to your comment.
    Any Military service trumps ANY time as a volunteer for gaining a Professional job.
    You may not agree with that, but the VAST majority of Cities do.
    Especially now. The Veterans Admin. From BOTH Clinton/Bush pushed hard for Veteran benefits that have been EARNED.
    There are no giveaways.
    There are a few different ways to get "points" added here in Ohio.
    1. Vet 20%
    2. 4 years degree 18%
    3. 240 card (ff2) 5%
    4. EMT 2% at most (not a given)
    5. Paramedic ALSO gets 20%.
    So as you can see. None of those a freebees. They all require "service" or time.
    Most vollies have only a ff1 card. (no points)
    And, You arent even ASK about your prior work history or experience untill the oral interviews...Without your Medic,Vet status or college....you wont get that far.
    So, i suppose if you were a Veteran that volunteered and were a medic, YES, than you'd have a good chance. But it was due to the Vet/ Medic part.
    Do you think that possibly your Vet status as a firefighter possibly had anything to do with your hiring? I'm not discounting that if you are subject to the Civil Service exam then VETs get a bonus because it's a Federal Government test. Now think like a Chief officer. Would you give preference to a veteren that was a paper pusher and had no idea which end of the hose the water came out of or someone from a combination or pay per call department that may have all the necessary certifications to start work today and not have to be taught everything? This is contingent on both parties passing the physical agility and the written exam with the same scores minus any bonuses.
    To err is human, To forgive divine and at times I am as much of both as you will ever find

Forum Member

Maybe they had a pre-requisite that you have to be an absolute worthless piece of **** in order to apply? In that case, I can see how he easily go the job.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

the 4-1-4

Quote Originally Posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post
    Since apparently Memphis is stuck in the 1930's per alec, I am curious to know if any other departments still utilize a watchman?

We still sit house watch from 2300-0700, split into two watches.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MTKROUSH View Post
    Do you think that possibly your Vet status as a firefighter possibly had anything to do with your hiring? I'm not discounting that if you are subject to the Civil Service exam then VETs get a bonus because it's a Federal Government test. Now think like a Chief officer. Would you give preference to a veteren that was a paper pusher and had no idea which end of the hose the water came out of or someone from a combination or pay per call department that may have all the necessary certifications to start work today and not have to be taught everything? This is contingent on both parties passing the physical agility and the written exam with the same scores minus any bonuses.
    Duting the interview process, The Saftey Service Director was the "main" man i answered to.
    Firefighting was hardly brougt up.
    He and the Chief wanted to know about more "current events" style question and answering.
    Id say only 20% of the interview was fire related.
    We talked alot about service and commitment to the job i was applying for.
    They wanted folks that would be commited to the community.
    We talked about the Military and my personal life.
    Again though, To even get into the interview you had to be in the top 10%.
    Simply put: Without college or Veteran status...You just werent going to be there.
    So honestly, Not that many folks at all had ANY Firefighting experience.
    I did, from the A.F. and one other was an A.F. firefighter.
    We hired 2 females last year and they were former teachers.
    But thats about it.
    We had, Excersize physiology majors and other Grads that liked the idea of being a F.F. and along with the Pension....Well, No brainer.
    Last edited by alecshawn1; 12-18-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I most certainly did graduate high school and golly Mr Big Shot, college too. So what grade are you in again? 10th? 11th? I would imagine about that since you can't spell or put together a proper sentence.

Oh here we go!! The wannabe who isn't even a real firefighter challenging my testing ability. Golly, I am shaking in my boots. I not only passed the test and got hired once, but chose to move to another FD tested and got hired again!! All with no veterans bonus points!!

Um you most certainly LIED. Well except for the part I highlighted in red. That most certainly is true.
    You have issues.
    Grow up.
    You are nothing you say you are. How much respect do YOU think YOU have on your job?
    Ponder that. Folks like you that think you're holier than thou....Have NONE.
    Your ears must constantly burn.

Forum Member

Folks like you that think you're holier than thou....Have NONE.
    Oh you have balls. And your co-workers must LOVE the fact that your company officer is such a hairbag that he was forced to take stain like you. Oh but then again your entire platoon is probably a bunch of loads, because anyone of any worth in this job would have given you a locker room party or ran you off by now.....(or both...)
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post
    Since apparently Memphis is stuck in the 1930's per alec, I am curious to know if any other departments still utilize a watchman?

We do, someone has to turn the companies out...F.D.N.Y.

This kid has some issues and apparently hasn't been out of his one horse town ever.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

You have issues.
    Grow up.
    You are nothing you say you are. How much respect do YOU think YOU have on your job?

Oh my God!! You are such a joke it is as if you are trying to make yourself look foolish.

I am not concerned at all about how much respect I have at work. I am confident that the firefighters I work with repsect my knowledge and ability just as I resepct theirs.

Your bigger concern should be how much respect do you think you have garnered here with your antics, your childishness, and frankly your completely obvious lack of knowledge when it comes to certain topics.

I am far from holier than thou...The one thing I definitely have over you here is I am not a liar.

alecshawn1:

I have been childish, stupid and foolish.
    I apologise to all.
    Sincerely.
    I will not be posting here any more.
    You are all better men than me.
    You are right and im wrong.
    I am ashamed and i hope my kids never see this side of me.
    Patty, I love you and hope you are doing well in life.
    Im am a sad and lonely person. I have no meaning anymore.
    Times can change fast, hold on.
    Sorry for everything.
    FTM-PTB

the 4-1-4

You have issues.
    Grow up.
    And who the f*ck are you?

FyredUp is something that you aren't, and that is a competent, legit fireman.
    You're nothing but a two-bit donkey, spouting nonsense all over this forum, with zero credibility. You fall well within the likes of scarecrow.
    Last edited by jasper45; 12-19-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    And who the f*ck are you?

FyredUp is something that you aren't, and that is a competent, legit fireman.
    You're nothing but a two-bit donkey, spouting nonsense all over this forum, with zero credibility. You fall well within the likes of scarecrow.
    Thanks Brother.

Forum Member

Default Way to go!!

Jasper....way to make a point. I bet you eat with those fingers(The ones you used to type that garbage). If YOU are a firefighter why not act like one and not a raving *****.

You sound like the re-birth of Alecshawn1...are you the same..Troll he was??
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

the 4-1-4

Quote Originally Posted by JayDudley View Post
    Jasper....way to make a point. I bet you eat with those fingers(The ones you used to type that garbage). If YOU are a firefighter why not act like one and not a raving *****.

Why don't you mind your own business, and stay out of something that has nothing to do with you.
    In case you missed it, I was acting like a firefighter, and backing up my brother who has been harassed over time in this thread.
    FyredUp is the brother I was referring to, not you.

I know him and respect him, not you.
    Last edited by jasper45; 12-19-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Forum Member

Why don't you mind your own business, and stay out of something that has nothing to do with you.
    In case you missed it, I was acting like a firefighter, and backing up my brother who has been harassed over time in this thread.
    FyredUp is the brother I was referring to, not you.

I know him and respect him, not you.
    Back at ya My Brother from across the border. You know any time you need me to back you up I will be there.

Thanks again.

Forum Member

Seriously Dude, you are way off base here. I have been friends with Jasper for a few years now and for you to compare him to alecshawn1 is ridiculous. Jasper is a loyal friend and doesn't like to see his friends attacked. Especially
    by the likes of alecshawn1.

I tend to agree with him on this one. It was none of your business until you stuck your nose in it.

MembersZone Subscriber

We still sit house watch from 2300-0700, split into two watches.
    Jasper are you in Chicago?
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Default Your Friends???

Backing up a brother is one thing and you could have fooled me. I think that the way you'all talk to each other is a sad state. Everyone of you who throw around the words you do is shameful. To think that there are firefighters out there who use this kind of communication is beyond me. If this is what you prefer then have at it. I'll stay out of it and let you "KIDS" fight it out. Maybe it the old school in me....but I think with todays medium you should be careful what you print. As a background investigator it can bite you in the rear.
    Last edited by JayDudley; 12-20-2008 at 12:48 PM.
    Respectfully,
    Jay Dudley
    Retired Fire
    Background Investigator
    IACOJ-Member
    Lifetime Member CSFA
    IAFF Alumni Member

the 4-1-4

As a background investigator it can bite you in the rear.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll remember it when I put my papers in for retirement.

Forum Member

Backing up a brother is one thing and you could have fooled me. I think that the way you'all talk to each other is a sad state. Everyone of you who throw around the words you do is shameful. To think that there are firefighters out there who use this kind of communication is beyond me. If this is what you prefer then have at it. I'll stay out of it and let you "KIDS" fight it out. Maybe it the old school in me....but I think with todays medium you should be careful what you print. As a background investigator it can bite you in the rear.
    You chose to jump on Jasper for defending me because you don't like his method or language. The person he went after has made a shambles of this forum going from topic to topic spreading nonsense and hatred yet where has your outrage towards him been? I think you jumped into this way late and missed what has been going on prior to what jasper45 said to alecshawn1.

I don't think you have spent much time in a firehouse if you have been offended by what jasper45 said. Frankly, I have heard far worse directed at each other by people who are friends.

It is funny that you talk about how we are treating each other and then you have to call us all "KIDS" and capitalize it and put it in quotation marks. Condescend much? If a few harsh words and some profanity on a forum are worth the time of a "Background Investigator" how about the lies and hatred of alecshawn1?

I would suggest strongly if this affects you so much that you either pass the topic by or put me on ignore.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote:

LOL, like anyone cares.
    just because one doesnt like my opinions doesnt mean i must go. The moderators (if there were any, will tell you i have done nothing "wrong".
    I havnt even received a warning.
    For that to happen, i would need to live in Germany around 1938 or
    Modern day Iran.
    Get over yourself. I have my opinions and if you dont like them...move on.
    alecshawn1
    Temporarily Inactive

Now ya'll done did it, alecshawn1 has been placed termporarily inactive....but by who?
    Must be those imaginary moderators that lurk around........
    There goes the entertainment.......

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice, I'll remember it when I put my papers in for retirement.

Right on Jasper

Thread Information