1. #51
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    That is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on the Interweb. While you're at it, why don't you thank Howard Gordon for producing "24". Seeing as there have been no terrorist attacks since Jack Bauer starting killing terrorists on TV, we can thank him for making our country safe.
    Shhhhh. They don't like to talk about how the terrorist were hitting us 2 and 3 times a year until Bush shut them down. Last attack was on 9-11-2001. Question: How long before we are attacked again?

    The Arabs chose to stick it to us while Bush was in office. If think price won't bounce back under BHO's reign then I have some land you'd be interested in, as long as you pay cash that is.
    Come on. Do you really think OPEC did that? It's funny though how those same knuckleheads that Blame Bush for the rising price of Gasoline won't give him the same credit for lowering the price.

    And in NY, Our electricity cost will start to climb as the enviro-nuts have begun taxing CO2.

  2. #52
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    IAFF

  3. #53
    Forum Member
    snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    IAFF

  4. #54
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Come on. Do you really think OPEC did that? It's funny though how those same knuckleheads that Blame Bush for the rising price of Gasoline won't give him the same credit for lowering the price.
    So how did Bush lower the price of gasoline?

    I can't wait to read your response.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  5. #55
    Forum Member
    DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,586

    Default

    Posts by the Scarecrow

    Fantasyland. The president has little or no control over gas prices. In 2000 Gasoline was $1.80 a gallon, about what it is today. The funny thing is the liberals want high gas prices to force people in to little bitty death trap cars and to make them cut their fuel usage. It also cuts down on their phantom global warming problem.
    Come on. Do you really think OPEC did that? It's funny though how those same knuckleheads that Blame Bush for the rising price of Gasoline won't give him the same credit for lowering the price.

    So... did he or didn't he? Inquiring minds want to know!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  6. #56
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    ScareCrow57's statement didn't say that Bush should be credited with lower petro prices. He pointed out the hypocrisy of blaming him for price increases and then failing to credit him for price decreases. If you do one, logic dictates you should do the other.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  7. #57
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    ScareCrow57's statement didn't say that Bush should be credited with lower petro prices. He pointed out the hypocrisy of blaming him for price increases and then failing to credit him for price decreases. If you do one, logic dictates you should do the other.
    In other threads he's stated otherwise. Much like the moron George Wendt.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  8. #58
    Forum Member
    FDAIC485's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeast aka Dixie
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    The shoe throwing was a political statement.
    Actually, throwing a shoe at someone and striking them is one of the worst insults in the Islamic religion. Due to the fact that the shoe is considered unclean due to ground contact.

    Do you really want to something special? Offer your left hand to a Muslim for a handshake.
    I believe them bones are me. Some say we are born into the grave. I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones

    -J. Cantrell

  9. #59
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Posts by the Scarecrow






    So... did he or didn't he? Inquiring minds want to know!
    The president has as much control over the economy as he does the weather and climate. Logical thought is required here. We live in a global economy dominated by China, India and Japan.

    I merely point out that there are a great many who blame Bush for the high price of gasoline, yet they don't blame him for the dropping price as well.

  10. #60
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    In other threads he's stated otherwise. Much like the moron George Wendt.
    George is not a moron, just strange.

    I merely stated for those who believe that the president controls the economy and gas prices that as soon as he lifted the off shore ban the prices fell. So if you believe the President has that kind of control, then Bush did something good. And all you will get from the liberals is spin. Trying to follow liberal logic is a study in chaos theory followed with a dash of creative writing, re-creation of historical events, and the power of negative thinking.

  11. #61
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    George is not a moron, just strange.

    I merely stated for those who believe that the president controls the economy and gas prices that as soon as he lifted the off shore ban the prices fell. So if you believe the President has that kind of control, then Bush did something good. And all you will get from the liberals is spin. Trying to follow liberal logic is a study in chaos theory followed with a dash of creative writing, re-creation of historical events, and the power of negative thinking.
    George is a moron since he also believes that lifting the offshore drilling ban resulted in falling oil prices. It's a good thing Bush lifted the bans on offshore grain, metal and dairy product drilling, too. Wheat, rice, soybeans, cotton, milk, lumber, copper, aluminum, platinum and even gold are all off by similar amounts since then, too.

    The real answer is that the commodities market is sucking as bad as the stock market is and all the investors are bailing. Simple as that.

    Your description of liberals only reinforces why you should stick to something you do well. Commentary and observation isn't one of them. You might want to stick to something more your speed. Small animal grooming perhaps.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  12. #62
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    George is a moron since he also believes that lifting the offshore drilling ban resulted in falling oil prices. It's a good thing Bush lifted the bans on offshore grain, metal and dairy product drilling, too. Wheat, rice, soybeans, cotton, milk, lumber, copper, aluminum, platinum and even gold are all off by similar amounts since then, too.

    The real answer is that the commodities market is sucking as bad as the stock market is and all the investors are bailing. Simple as that.

    Your description of liberals only reinforces why you should stick to something you do well. Commentary and observation isn't one of them. You might want to stick to something more your speed. Small animal grooming perhaps.
    MARK THE CALENDAR!!!! Something of substance containing logic and no spin. I'm very proud of you grasshopper.

    The only thing that bothers me is that while the price of gasoline dropped, the price of food has not.

  13. #63
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    MARK THE CALENDAR!!!! Something of substance containing logic and no spin. I'm very proud of you grasshopper.
    Hey Brainboy. Don't pretend that you actually understand this topic any better than George. You were in agreement with him regarding falling prices and the lifting of the offshore drilling ban.

    Run along.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is that while the price of gasoline dropped, the price of food has not.
    It's the "free market" you'd like to believe exists but hasn't since the Civil War.

    Once again displaying your ignorance of the topic.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  14. #64
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Hey Brainboy. Don't pretend that you actually understand this topic any better than George. You were in agreement with him regarding falling prices and the lifting of the offshore drilling ban.

    Run along.


    It's the "free market" you'd like to believe exists but hasn't since the Civil War.

    Once again displaying your ignorance of the topic.
    Now there you go. You were doing so good too. Now you have to resort to revisionist history and spin. You can take the boy out of the city but you can't take the city out of the boy....


    And as long as the government meddles in business with tax breaks and subsidies there is no such thing as a free market.

  15. #65
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Now there you go. You were doing so good too. Now you have to resort to revisionist history and spin. You can take the boy out of the city but you can't take the city out of the boy....
    Like what revisionist history Brainboy? Right here you stated:

    Gee. What more proof do you need than a direct observation. Bush lifted the executive ban on off-shore drilling and the price of gas started dropping the next day and has been dropping ever since. All you need to do is open your eyes and look around.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    And as long as the government meddles in business with tax breaks and subsidies there is no such thing as a free market.
    If you want to believe that business never meddles in the free market you are free to be ignorant or stupid. Take you pick.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  16. #66
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    George is a moron since he also believes that lifting the offshore drilling ban resulted in falling oil prices.
    And you're a fool to assume it had ZERO effect, among many other reasons. That argument really left your pussy sore.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  17. #67
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Like what revisionist history Brainboy? Right here you stated:





    If you want to believe that business never meddles in the free market you are free to be ignorant or stupid. Take you pick.
    My bad, I should have put the sarcasm statement in there. I was kind of funny that the price began falling as soon as he made that announced, which as we all know means nothing unless the congress wakes up and does the same thing.

    You second statement is confusing. Isn't business all about meddling in the free market? How do you trust more? Corrupt politicians or greedy businessmen? Sad part, there is no good answer.

  18. #68
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txgp17 View Post
    And you're a fool to assume it had ZERO effect, among many other reasons. That argument really left your pussy sore.
    Really? No one has been able to find me a commodities broker who was advocating buy or sell positions for oil futures based upon that action.

    When you put something more significant than a HS pejorative, let me know. In the mean time, run along sonny, the adults are talking. I hear your homeroom buzzer ringing.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  19. #69
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    You second statement is confusing. Isn't business all about meddling in the free market? How do you trust more? Corrupt politicians or greedy businessmen? Sad part, there is no good answer.
    Business is about the exchange of goods and services using a medium of exchange (aka money). To believe business doesn't interfere in the "free market" for its own advantage is either naive or moronic. I'll let you decide which one describes you.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #70
    Forum Member
    VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    The shoe throwing was a political statement.
    Based on Arab Culture....not US. It still has nothing to do with any of the drival you and the other guy are spouting.....regardsless of what you hear or read. If you want o understand it....feel free to come hear and live with the people and imerse yourself in thier lives. Do you even understand who that reporter was? What his tribe is? His family? anything? From what I see here...my guess is no.

    After being here, and especially in the area I am in, I have learned things that you will NEVER hear about on or in the news.....the stuff is too complicated for the legions of simple minds that let a political group make thier minds up for them. The news won't report anything that leads away from rating either.......


    Merry Christmas, Stay Safe
    IACOJ Member

  21. #71
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Business is about the exchange of goods and services using a medium of exchange (aka money). To believe business doesn't interfere in the "free market" for its own advantage is either naive or moronic. I'll let you decide which one describes you.
    Like I said. Business will do whatever it takes to make the most profit. That is what business is all about. Myself I prefer that competitive businesses do the meddling rather than a monopolistic government.

    On another note, I see that Obama is proposing another $800,000,000,000 in stimulus money bring our total to nearly $2 trillion. Assuming 100 million households in America (which is probably high) that comes out to $20,000 in government bailouts per household. Just think if the government had given the $20,000 to each household. That would have been the best stimulus possible.

  22. #72
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    Based on Arab Culture....not US. It still has nothing to do with any of the drival you and the other guy are spouting.....regardsless of what you hear or read. If you want o understand it....feel free to come hear and live with the people and imerse yourself in thier lives. Do you even understand who that reporter was? What his tribe is? His family? anything? From what I see here...my guess is no.

    After being here, and especially in the area I am in, I have learned things that you will NEVER hear about on or in the news.....the stuff is too complicated for the legions of simple minds that let a political group make thier minds up for them. The news won't report anything that leads away from rating either.......


    Merry Christmas, Stay Safe
    I know little about the reporter, because as you say, our media doesn't tell us. I know that he said a second phrase that rarely got reported. It had something to do with all of the people who have been killed. One has to wonder how many people would have been killed if Saddam was still in power. How many more will die because of the absence of US forces?

    The truly sad part is that the mainstream media only tells us what they want us to hear. And the web blogs are often run by someone with an agenda. CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN lean to the left while FOX attempts to bring balance and leans to the left. I know that the media rarely gives us the whole story, especially when it comes to poetically motivated events.

    Stay Safe, Keep your head low, and have a Merry Christmas.

    P.S. How much longer are you there?

  23. #73
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Oh yea. One more thing. I'll bet if someone in America threw a shoe at the president it would be considered a political statement as well. It is much different than some of the nut cases that get into some of these events and get disruptive. The Cindy Sheehan group comes to mind as does the "don't taze me bro" guy.

  24. #74
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I know little about the reporter, because as you say, our media doesn't tell us. I know that he said a second phrase that rarely got reported. It had something to do with all of the people who have been killed. One has to wonder how many people would have been killed if Saddam was still in power. How many more will die because of the absence of US forces?
    The freeing of oppressed was far down the list of reasons to invade. The people of Iraq have expressed a desire for us to leave and the President of Iraq has articulated his government can not be considered legitimate until the US leaves. The US has shifted from being a liberator to being a meddlesome occupier.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    The truly sad part is that the mainstream media only tells us what they want us to hear. And the web blogs are often run by someone with an agenda. CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN lean to the left while FOX attempts to bring balance and leans to the left. I know that the media rarely gives us the whole story, especially when it comes to poetically motivated events.
    While I'm sure there are poetically inclined individuals in the MSM, they are not there to provide balance. They are there to report the news that will get them ratings and increase revenue. I'm surprised no one has told you this in the past or that you didn't understand. And considering Fox news as leaning to the left is quite a hoot.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Stay Safe, Keep your head low, and have a Merry Christmas.
    You too. Given the level of your writing, I'm sure you still believe in Santa Claus. And don't forget to put that tooth that will fall out soon under the pillow.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  25. #75
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canuck Expat May be anywhere
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    So what is the maximum age difference allowed for two individuals to have a relationship in your parts? Assuming they're not directly related. Bill was less than 30 years older than Monica. I guess if he'd had a child at 15 and that child had a child at 15 (I know it happens in neighborhoods like yours where there are a lot of cousin humping folks), Bill could have been her grandfather. That is not the norm where I live.

    Once again a person who posits about personal freedom makes a statement that judges the actions of others as immoral.


    Please detail for us your extensive knowledge and research in climate change. What papers have you published that have been peer reviewed and accepted as verified. I'm smart enough to know I'm not that knowledgeable on this subject. I am smart enough to know how to keep from going BK because I'm overextended on my credit cards because I was irresponsibly living beyond my means.


    Great backstroke there Krayzelburg.


    Who inherited serious recessions/depressions from their republican predecessors. Truman gets a pass because he was finishing the process of winning WW II. Maybe he should have just stopped funding that item.
    Well SC, call me old fashioned but up here it generally takes a bit more than exchanging power, money, fame for a BJ to constitute a relationship. In fact we have another name for it. Oh yeah, now I got it. PROSTITUTION!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 04:08 PM
  2. New West Warwick Engine Collides with Station; Reporter Assaulted
    By CollegeBuff in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 02:25 PM
  3. 15% of Canadians would not vote for Pres. Bush-WHO CARES?
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 04:32 PM
  4. TLC 911/pres Bush
    By firemanpat29 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:33 PM
  5. Pres. Bush removes firefighter from Medal of Valor Commission
    By Duffman in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 11-24-2002, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register