Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 148
  1. #1
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Pres. Bush dodges shoes thrown by Iraqi Reporter

    -Video-http://www.yahoo.com/s/1002044


    AP – BAGHDAD – On a whirlwind trip shrouded in secrecy and marred by dissent, President George W. Bush on Sunday hailed progress in the wars that define his presidency and got a size-10 reminder of his unpopularity when a man hurled two shoes at him during a news conference in Iraq.

    "This is a farewell kiss, you dog!" shouted the protester in Arabic, later identified as Muntadar al-Zeidi, a correspondent for Al-Baghdadia television, an Iraqi-owned station based in Cairo, Egypt.

    Bush ducked both shoes as they whizzed past his head and landed with a thud against the wall behind him.

    "It was a size 10," Bush joked later.

    The U.S. president visited the Iraqi capital just 37 days before he hands the war off to his successor, Barack Obama, who has pledged to end it. The president wanted to highlight a drop in violence in a nation still riven by ethnic strife and to celebrate a recent U.S.-Iraq security agreement, which calls for U.S. troops to withdraw from Iraq by the end of 2011.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------


  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Greensboro, NC USA
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Bush be havin dem Ninja skillz.



    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber Dickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    Monkey boy does have some good reflexes.

    Try living in this country with him buddy!







    Can't wait for him to be gone.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

    IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

  4. #4
    Savage / Hyneman 08'
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Maybe the reporter should count his blessings instead of throwing shoes.

    Had he done such a thing to the last man in charge he would either be dead right now or on a slow painful road to his death.

    Now lets not make my post a reason to start another Bush bash, as some of you are just waiting for an excuse to do. I can't believe how some people take for granted the fact that our military LIBERATED MILLIONS from a savage dictator and continue to work to further advance a free society.

    I don't care if you hate Bush. Hate away if that is what makes you happy. But lets not discount the reality that our contibution to this war has changed the lives of millions of Iraqi citizens for the better. Merry Christmas!

    Thank you for listening. You may now apply your political twists and talking points, and argue until blue in the face.

  5. #5
    Forum Member johnny46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DFDMAXX View Post
    Had he done such a thing to the last man in charge ...
    Bill Clinton?
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

  6. #6
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    Monkey boy does have some good reflexes.

    Try living in this country with him buddy!







    Can't wait for him to be gone.
    Be careful of what you wish for. Yo ujust might get it. I don't see the replacement as being much better. All I can say is hold on ot your wallet, it's going to hurt.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny46 View Post
    Bill Clinton?
    Saddam According to Monica, Bill shoots blanks

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Because the accounts I saw had the guy working for an Egyptian based paper,I thought the thrower was Egyptian.
    Whatever,he threw like a girl.If you're gonna throw like that,at least aim to hit.Yeeez.He does give new meaning to the phrase"Slap leather,you sheep herder!"
    Like someone said,if he'd tried that with Saddam,the guy would be in far worse straits than Abu Gahrib,or even Guantanomom Bay.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I have to admit ol' W. put the moves on when that Iraqi reporter heaved those size ten's at him. The shoes were right on aim too, if W. hadn't of ducked he might be sportin' a bruise. I don't think the reporter fared so well as the Secret Service/security appeared to be playing "catch up" with him.

    I wonder if they gave the reporter his shoes back or kept them for evidence???

  11. #11
    Forum Member VinnieB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On the couch in my skivvies
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Because the accounts I saw had the guy working for an Egyptian based paper,I thought the thrower was Egyptian.
    Whatever,he threw like a girl.If you're gonna throw like that,at least aim to hit.Yeeez.He does give new meaning to the phrase"Slap leather,you sheep herder!"
    Like someone said,if he'd tried that with Saddam,the guy would be in far worse straits than Abu Gahrib,or even Guantanomom Bay.

    They still have The Bouqa here.....and its still not a nice place.
    IACOJ Member

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber Dickey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Be careful of what you wish for. Yo ujust might get it. I don't see the replacement as being much better. All I can say is hold on ot your wallet, it's going to hurt.
    Yeah, we will see won't we. Actually started with Regan and the de-regulation of the market system back in 1982. Obama is taking on a broken system but at least the government is not standing by to let the market work itself out like they did in 1929.

    Oh, did you notice the quick reflexes of the Secret Service too? They were all over that!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

    IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    Yeah, we will see won't we. Actually started with Regan and the de-regulation of the market system back in 1982. Obama is taking on a broken system but at least the government is not standing by to let the market work itself out like they did in 1929.

    Oh, did you notice the quick reflexes of the Secret Service too? They were all over that!
    There is a difference between 1929 and now. We are more of a global economy now. I saw something that said the current wages at the big three are comparable to those of Toyota and Honda (The Big 2). What is killing the big 3 is the benefits and retirement payouts. Sounds like the thinking of 20 years ago when they had those generous packages is screwing them now. I don't know how you fix that.

    But as I have said in the past. The president is one small cog in a very large machine, his ability to control an economy is minimal at best. He can possibly sway things in this country. With 200 other countries out there including India and China, it will be impossible to fix things in the US without doing something in those other places.

  14. #14
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    But as I have said in the past. The president is one small cog in a very large machine, his ability to control an economy is minimal at best. He can possibly sway things in this country. With 200 other countries out there including India and China, it will be impossible to fix things in the US without doing something in those other places.
    How funny you say that now. On several other threads you've tried to blame the current fiscal crisis on Clinton. Since only a fool believes that, you now shifted your position to this one.

    Do us a favor and stick to something you know. Which is still a complete mystery.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ashland KY
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."
    Thats awesome!

  16. #16
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    [QUOTE=ScareCrow57;1016240]There is a difference between 1929 and now. We are more of a global economy now. I saw something that said the current wages at the big three are comparable to those of Toyota and Honda (The Big 2). What is killing the big 3 is the benefits and retirement payouts. Sounds like the thinking of 20 years ago when they had those generous packages is screwing them now. I don't know how you fix that.
    QUOTE]

    Hopefully,Obama won't extend the crisis like FDR did when he took office.The New Deal really wasn't as effective as he wanted it to be and history records that the country didn't really start to recover from the Depression until 1940 or thereabouts when manufacturers started gearing up more before the US entry into WW II.
    Last edited by doughesson; 12-17-2008 at 02:33 PM.

  17. #17
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Hopefully,Obama won't extend the crisis like FDR did when he took office.The New Deal really wasn't as effective as he wanted it to be and history records that the country didn't really start to recover from the Depression until 1940 or thereabouts when manufacturers started gearing up more before the US entry into WW II.
    The notion that FDR extended the Depression (by his election which undermined markets, by failed policies, etc etc) is a favortie hobbyhorse of the right wing. It’s also nonsense. If anything, FDR was too timid in his moves to pull the country out of the mess we’d gotten ourselves into under Harding, the beloved Silent Cal, and Hoover. What finally, definitively, brought an end to the Great Depression? World War II. And what, in economic terms, did World War II constitute? The single greatest explosion of government spending and employment in national history - a significant influx of public economic pump priming in infrastructure, manufacturing facilities, procurement, research and development, and financial wheeling-dealing on a scale that makes the New Deal miniscule by comparison.

    The lesson of the 1930s and early 1940s isn’t that government intervention/regulation/support for the market system inevitably fails, but that there are extreme times and circumstances where you’ve got to do it whole hog if it’s to succeed. We’re not at that extreme a point today (the facile comparisons between our current plight and the Depression are just that - facile, oversimplified, and incorrect), but let’s not lose the point of the essential lesson.

    FDR famously analogized his efforts in the 1930s to those of a passerby who dove into deep, cold water to rescue a foundering rich man, clad in top hat and tails, only to have the rich man complain later that he’d failed also to save his hat. I have little doubt that the free market absolutists will treat what’s eventually done to save capitalism from these latest self inflicted and gory wounds in a similar way - dismissively, and with a blind eye to the situation their own misdeeds caused.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #18
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DFDMAXX View Post
    Maybe the reporter should count his blessings instead of throwing shoes.

    Had he done such a thing to the last man in charge he would either be dead right now or on a slow painful road to his death.

    Now lets not make my post a reason to start another Bush bash, as some of you are just waiting for an excuse to do. I can't believe how some people take for granted the fact that our military LIBERATED MILLIONS from a savage dictator and continue to work to further advance a free society.

    I don't care if you hate Bush. Hate away if that is what makes you happy. But lets not discount the reality that our contibution to this war has changed the lives of millions of Iraqi citizens for the better. Merry Christmas!

    Thank you for listening. You may now apply your political twists and talking points, and argue until blue in the face.
    agreed. The Iraqis now have freedoms they never knew existed.
    Freedom is a beatiful thing.
    As a vet. i will always be greatful to President Bush. I DO support him even during these tough economic times.
    I do wish Obama the best. However, i am sure he will be a 1 term president.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    How funny you say that now. On several other threads you've tried to blame the current fiscal crisis on Clinton. Since only a fool believes that, you now shifted your position to this one.

    Do us a favor and stick to something you know. Which is still a complete mystery.
    I only say that when some knuclekhead tries to tell us what a wonderful job Bill the Pedophile did. He did NOTHING!

    Presidents can do little to the economy as a whole. What they can effect is how much money the government steals from we the people and how many freedoms we have. Rest assured, in the next 4 years the government will be taking more form your wallet and you will have less freedom. They will shove taxes down our throats using the excuse of global warming. A fallacy as shown by the signatures of over 40,000 scientist. Fuel prices and energy prices will jump under this administration do to increased regulation and taxation. All to fight a non-solvable problem.

    Oh yea. SC. This is what I'm talking about with the crooks at the CC Companies. Credit card holders livid about 'rate-jacking'. Even your democratic friends see the problem and tried to do something about it. You are not in line with your comrades my friend.

  20. #20
    Forum Member scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I only say that when some knuclekhead tries to tell us what a wonderful job Bill the Pedophile did. He did NOTHING!
    Whose Bill the pedophile?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Presidents can do little to the economy as a whole. What they can effect is how much money the government steals from we the people and how many freedoms we have. Rest assured, in the next 4 years the government will be taking more form your wallet and you will have less freedom. They will shove taxes down our throats using the excuse of global warming. A fallacy as shown by the signatures of over 40,000 scientist. Fuel prices and energy prices will jump under this administration do to increased regulation and taxation. All to fight a non-solvable problem.
    More ramblings from the right wing fever swamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Oh yea. SC. This is what I'm talking about with the crooks at the CC Companies. Credit card holders livid about 'rate-jacking'. Even your democratic friends see the problem and tried to do something about it. You are not in line with your comrades my friend.
    If you pay off your balances every month, it doesn't matter.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 03:08 PM
  2. New West Warwick Engine Collides with Station; Reporter Assaulted
    By CollegeBuff in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 01:25 PM
  3. 15% of Canadians would not vote for Pres. Bush-WHO CARES?
    By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 03:32 PM
  4. TLC 911/pres Bush
    By firemanpat29 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 11:33 AM
  5. Pres. Bush removes firefighter from Medal of Valor Commission
    By Duffman in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 11-24-2002, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts