Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAvery View Post
    Those are both awesome trucks. Dont see many of them around anymore .We still have a few gas powered trucks a couple of 1 ton 4 WD's and two tankers built in the 80's I would love to switch the tankers over to diesel chassis.
    Scott, next time you are in the Lehigh Valley, Pa. area, stop in- that monster pictured above sits in the garage out behind the house. We'll take it around the block a few times. You can even bring TC- maybe we'll let him ride the backstep if he promises to behave.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Me behave? When donkeys fly maybe.Good news Buff,if gas continues to drop you MIGHT actually be able to run that beast around the block.Spanky has an eye for quality ancient iron,after all he's run a fine collection of it over the years,hehe T.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Me behave? When donkeys fly maybe.Good news Buff,if gas continues to drop you MIGHT actually be able to run that beast around the block.Spanky has an eye for quality ancient iron,after all he's run a fine collection of it over the years,hehe T.C.
    I was actually able to fill the gas tank and eat meat the same week about 2 weeks ago.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    You love those two fine FORD tankers dont ya TC!!!!!!!!!! And dont forget those wonderful IHC haybinders

MembersZone Subscriber

Default gas vs diesel

we just purchased a new p'up for a utility vehicle ( haul ranger when needed to and possibly a 150 gal skid unit soon) we went with the gas engine for the following reasons in our area fuel is $1.20 more per gallon for gas, it was an $8500 option to go to the diesel, it costs 3 times more to service it yearly. we did a performance test between 2 trucks 1 gas & 1 diesel, performance hauling the trailer went hands down to the diesel, other than that we didn't see where that was worth the extra money to get the diesel. fuel mileage between the 2 actually went to the gas engine by 3 mpg no trailer & -1 hauling the trailer. this was our reasoning behind the gas engine. we also discussed leaving them outside what would the outcome be. gas engine start & go alot quicker than the diesel. like i said this was our reasoning. stay safe!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Thats a "short-hood" FWD.....It most likely has an International engine. It doesn't have a Waukesha, because they required the "stretched" hood, as seen in the pic below.

Thats a nice looking FWD, how old is the pic?
    Not sure on the age of the pic, maybe a few years. The truck still looks that good though.

Here are a couple I snapped when the truck was heading to the 2008 4th of July parade.

Thread Information