+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 First ... 2345678 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Cpat

I was at the CPAT yesterday and was told that about 950 signed up for the CPAT. The Captain who was my proctor told me that about 100 wouldn't even show up, so that lowers it down to about 800...you have to figure half won't pass...now we are down to 400-450...not bad! Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

3firefigher,
    How did you do? I tested early on the 26th and there were 4 no shows in my group. I hung around because I have a buddy that tested in a later group. There were a few no shows and a lot of failures, but everyone still has about 2 weeks to get ready for the final.

Forum Member

I was in the 2:30 group...but got moved up to the 2:00 since there were a lot no shows. I passed as well. I saw about 5 people in my group not pass out of roughly 15 guys. It sounds like we won't hear anything until July - December.

MembersZone Subscriber

I passed mine as well on the 27th. There were probably around 5 in my group who did not pass. Im so nervous about the waiting game. Goodluck to all.

Forum Member

Default Background Interview

Got a phone call from CFD today scheduling my Background interview for July. Has anyone gone through this process before? If so any advice? I have been told that assembling your packet correctly is vital or to avoid careless errors some people make. Also just curious, what would you say is formal dress for a department interview, coming from the business world I'm accustomed to having to go all out for formal events, suit and what not, but didn't know if that's the route I should go for this interview.

Most importantly good luck to all! Hopefully we'll be meeting one another at recruit school before too long!

-Aaron

Forum Member

Default AppSt06

Which day did you take the CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NBFSPQ View Post
    Which day did you take the CPAT?
    I took it on the 27th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppSt06 View Post
    Got a phone call from CFD today scheduling my Background interview for July. Has anyone gone through this process before? If so any advice? I have been told that assembling your packet correctly is vital or to avoid careless errors some people make. Also just curious, what would you say is formal dress for a department interview, coming from the business world I'm accustomed to having to go all out for formal events, suit and what not, but didn't know if that's the route I should go for this interview.

Most importantly good luck to all! Hopefully we'll be meeting one another at recruit school before too long!

-Aaron
    They're calling people before the final CPAT?!

MembersZone Subscriber

that was my thought as well

Forum Member

That is why I asked which CPAT he was in.

Forum Member

Wear a suit if you have one. Congrats on getting the interview!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cfd

Anyone hear any information about when they are going to hold a class. My CPAT proctor said probably around January, but he wasn't 100% sure. Also, has anyone taken the polygraph with CFD before. If so, I would appreciate any information such as how many questions do they ask when your on the machine or how long it took to get results. I took one in Fairfax County, Virginia a few weeks ago and it was 4.5 hours of misery.

Forum Member

4 1/2 hours? That is a long time. I haven't heard about when a class was going to be offered, though our CPAT proctor stated that the department wouldn't know how many recruits it would be able to hire until December, so a January class does make sense.

Have you been called for an interview yet? I have mine on July 8th. Good luck to everyone still in the process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by battlecomedown View Post
    4 1/2 hours? That is a long time. I haven't heard about when a class was going to be offered, though our CPAT proctor stated that the department wouldn't know how many recruits it would be able to hire until December, so a January class does make sense.

Have you been called for an interview yet? I have mine on July 8th. Good luck to everyone still in the process.
    I haven't gotten my phone call yet, but I am praying I get it soon. I am already an EMT and will be a medic in september. I know Charlotte doesn't run ALS, but they like people with training past high school. I am in the process in a few other departments, but Charlotte is the one I REALLY want. Good luck to you and everyone else in the hiring process.

Forum Member

Are they still calling people? 4th year trying to get in. Is there a system for them to pick you to move on in the process? Still waiting on a call.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

I wish i knew more about how Charlotte conducts there hiring. Im anxiously awaiting a phone call and its just not arriving. Goodluck to all!

Forum Member

There isnt really any method to their picking for interviews. I'v tried for the past 3 years and made it to a differnt part of the process each year. its a crap shoot really.

Forum Member

There's nothing to do now, but wait for the phone to ring.

Forum Member

I received my phone call a couple weeks ago as well.

Forum Member

Default Background Interview/Polygraph

I had my background interview Monday. There were 6 people counting myself there for the 12:00. We sat for literally an hour and a half before anyone conducting the interview talked to us. The interview itself wasn't too bad, mine was with 2 people from the Civil Service Board. At the end I asked what their thoughts were on time frames and when one could hope to get a call if they were moving on. According to her, CFD plans to have 3 recruit classes with the first one starting as soon as September. The second in Dec or Jan and then one more after that. I got a call yesterday (Wednesday) from the recruitment office scheduling a polygraph in 2 weeks. It seems as if they are moving very quickly to get the first class filled. If you haven't gotten a call yet I wouldn't be deterred, as I am sure they will be looking to fill the next two classes in the near future. Good luck to everyone!

MembersZone Subscriber

Appy State...do they do a set of the whole process for each recruit class? or if you don't get selected to the first can you make the second?

Forum Member

AppST:

What type of interview was this? Is it a formal interview asking things like why you want to work here? Or is this an interview solely based upon your background. First time in this hiring process, any help would be great.

Forum Member

FFM....I'd think they use the entire pool to fill the recruit classes. The more I've talked with various ppl from the department the more it seems as if they are looking to fill an early class, but don't worry too much if you're not it the first one, as I said I've been told they plan to have a total of three.

SBFD....Well yea, it is a formal interview, suit and all....the main focus of the interview was the personal history and background info you entered earlier in the process, however they do ask "typical interview questions" as well. Why you want to work for CFD, strengths, weaknesses, etc...Wasn't too sure what to expect, my first time through the process as well. You get finger printed then interview with a couple ppl not with CFD. Basically their prep work before they put you through the ringer with the poly....not looking forward to that, heard it's quite intimidatiing.

Forum Member

Default Updates?

Anybody heard any news?

Forum Member

I just got back from a ride along, and talked to an individual who just finished his chiefs interview on Wedensday. Sounds like the Department is moving pretty quick to get the first class filled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information