MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up Seattle Fire Boats ... Welll Well Well ....

Just finished watching "Go Deep" on the History Channel about firefighting in Seattle. Specifically about their new fireboats, Engine 1 and Leshi. Seems that perhaps someone owes us all an ice cream...... Randy?? I am pretty sure I saw your face acting as "driver" (Pilot?) to the Leshi.

Just checked your FD website, but apparently its not been updated because it only shows Chief Seattle and a Reserve Boat as being part of your waterborne fleet.

Pretty nice rigs I must say! Well done you guys for getting new boats.

http://www.seattle.gov/fleetsfacilit...geplatform.htm

**funny thing though. I had to search the Seattle City goverment web pages to get the link above, as the SFD web page did not have current info on their boats.....

Forum Member

For those of us who work on inland waterways,14 knots translates to 16.10 mph.There is 1.15 nautical miles to the statute(land) mile.2000 yards makes up a nautical mile for all those war movies where someone is calling off ranges in yards.
    I know the boat isn't built for towing by pushing ahead like we do here on the Western Rivers(the Mississippi,Ohio and major tributaries) but was the bollard pull rating calculated just in case they're the only thing that could tow a ship away from a dock,per chance?
    22,000 gallons per minute.Suddenly,my old department's Pierce Enforcers' 1500 gpm seems so....inadequate.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Suddenly,my old department's Pierce Enforcers' 1500 gpm seems so....inadequate.
    Ya, no kidding eh. In the TV program, she was showing water from 5 monitors. They are all remote controlled and apparently both fireboats have CRBN decon capablity too, although I was a bit surprised that the pilot house is not designed as a "citadel" (that means its an entirely self-contained and sealed environment) as its naval brethern are.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information