Forum Member

Default Command, water rescue, enclosed trailer

Anyone have any success with AFG grants that they have wrote for a command, water rescue trailer that also may have a rear door for additional equipment storage that we can get a copy of the narratives for Ideas. If anyone has any can you email them to me @ daniels627@yahoo.com.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by daniels627 View Post
    Anyone have any success with AFG grants that they have wrote for a command, water rescue trailer that also may have a rear door for additional equipment storage that we can get a copy of the narratives for Ideas. If anyone has any can you email them to me @ daniels627@yahoo.com.
    Didn't I send one to you or Brad ?
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Didn't I send one to you or Brad ?
    I did not get it but will check with Brad I know he mention about it but I did not see anything.

MembersZone Subscriber

Am curious as well. Wrote up a vehicle application this past year for a water rescue, communications/interoperability and command vehicle but didn't make it past the computer DJ...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jcunningham View Post
    Am curious as well. Wrote up a vehicle application this past year for a water rescue, communications/interoperability and command vehicle but didn't make it past the computer DJ...
    How did you classify the vehicle in the application?

What is your department's classification?

A "command" vehicle is only a priority 2 for urban & suburban, and a 3 for rural. Since very few if any priority 2 vehicles make it to an award probably the reason for the computer DJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    How did you classify the vehicle in the application?

What is your department's classification?

A "command" vehicle is only a priority 2 for urban & suburban, and a 3 for rural. Since very few if any priority 2 vehicles make it to an award probably the reason for the computer DJ.
    Classified as suburban and listed the vehicle as a "Technical Rescue Vehicle"

I didn't think it stood much of a chance given the priority but I was at least hoping to get to peer review as the narrative put the entire project together as a valuable multi-use tool.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcunningham View Post
    Classified as suburban and listed the vehicle as a "Technical Rescue Vehicle"

I didn't think it stood much of a chance given the priority but I was at least hoping to get to peer review as the narrative put the entire project together as a valuable multi-use tool.
    We were not looking for a vehicle we are just looking for a trailer because we have a vehicle to pull a trailer and was looking for something to carry all our water rescue & dive gear that now just lays around in the hall and has to be loaded in a truck. This also leave us no placed for guys to dress and undress before and after the rescue. We are a rural department with two Lakes in our primary area and several others in our mutual aid areas. Is a trailer Vehicle or a equipment grant?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by daniels627 View Post
    We were not looking for a vehicle we are just looking for a trailer because we have a vehicle to pull a trailer and was looking for something to carry all our water rescue & dive gear that now just lays around in the hall and has to be loaded in a truck. This also leave us no placed for guys to dress and undress before and after the rescue. We are a rural department with two Lakes in our primary area and several others in our mutual aid areas. Is a trailer Vehicle or a equipment grant?
    Equipment grant

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Equipment grant
    thanks one bugle we are just get ideas from everyone to see what all is out there that has worked for others in the past.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

You can include all the parts to build the insides too. Worked with a department on a 35' enclosed trailer that they wanted to build into command, rehab, and wildland equipment in the last portion. Got the generator, light tower, radios, A/C & heaters, and since it was 2007 the ATV with pump. Same idea, pretty low cost since they were doing the labor themselves to partition it. Think it ended up being about $42k with the ATV.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    You can include all the parts to build the insides too. Worked with a department on a 35' enclosed trailer that they wanted to build into command, rehab, and wildland equipment in the last portion. Got the generator, light tower, radios, A/C & heaters, and since it was 2007 the ATV with pump. Same idea, pretty low cost since they were doing the labor themselves to partition it. Think it ended up being about $42k with the ATV.
    Hey shouldn't you be out on a "some beach" or poolside somewhere sucking tequila? Keep your hat on now we don't need your brain fried anymore than AFG does to you every year! Now wink at the pretty senoritas and get back to leisure life!
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Taking a break from partying...to set up for the one the in-laws are having here at their place today. Last night was the first night we weren't at someone's house for a party since we got here. Liver is getting a workout with our friends Barcardi, Johnny Red, Chivas, Jack, and a host of other distilled friends. Keeping my Irish skin out of the sun or I'll look like that last small french fry in the batch. Even with SPF45 I'm getting some color. Drastic change from the January trip across the midwest from KS to MO, out to CO, then back to MN. 47 workshops scheduled before March 1 and more coming. Might be bringing on another clone to help out with workshops if everyone books what they're talking about. I get to cherrypick a little though, the NV and AK trips are mine. Gotta have some perks on top.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Taking a break from partying...to set up for the one the in-laws are having here at their place today. Last night was the first night we weren't at someone's house for a party since we got here. Liver is getting a workout with our friends Barcardi, Johnny Red, Chivas, Jack, and a host of other distilled friends. Keeping my Irish skin out of the sun or I'll look like that last small french fry in the batch. Even with SPF45 I'm getting some color. Drastic change from the January trip across the midwest from KS to MO, out to CO, then back to MN. 47 workshops scheduled before March 1 and more coming. Might be bringing on another clone to help out with workshops if everyone books what they're talking about. I get to cherrypick a little though, the NV and AK trips are mine. Gotta have some perks on top.
    Yep, 78 degrees here and perfect to put in the boat and go catch a mess of fish for supper which I intend to do later today. Got to get mentally psyched for this "blizzard tour" coming up next three months with names like Minot, ND and Eagle, WI and Rochester, NY and "Oh no! God Forbid" Friedens, PA again! . Man I just hate even looking at a National weather map last 2 weeks I hope Ole Man Winter literally burns himself out regarding snow and ice for next month. Brun baby, Burn!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

We could use a copy of a water rescue, communications/interoperability and command Trailer also. Thanks nsfd17@alltel.net

Fyi, we do have successful 07' TOG & Washer/Extractor & Dryer, 06' SCBA/RIT Equipment, and 05' Plymo-Vent System AFG narratives if needed.

Also looking like a Successful Pumper/Tanker for this year. We got 1199 update,10 Q's and adjustment on our budget on our application.
    Last edited by NSFD1710; 01-02-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: forgot email address

Thread Information