Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question Homemade Decon Shower

Looking for plans, schematics or pics of home made decon showers made out of pvc pipe, ect. Tried a google search and came up empty.

thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't have any plans, but I can probably explain how ours our built. We have a square bottom frame with corner T's, regular (cheap) shower heads in the middle of two sides, and a hose connection on another side. From there, we have four verticle risers with unions in the middle. The top is basically the same, but with a couple more shower heads (one on each side) an no hose connection. They're maybe 3' square, 6'6" tall. I believe it's 1 1/2" pipe, maybe 2".

Of course, you could put the unions where ever you needed to break it down to accomodate whatever storage needs you have.

Quote Originally Posted by mcl312 View Post
    Looking for plans, schematics or pics of home made decon showers made out of pvc pipe, ect. Tried a google search and came up empty.

thanks.
    If you came up empty with a google search, then you mis-typed it or mis-spelled it.

If you'd like, I can post up pics with photoshop of blueprints to make one out of PVC. The only question is, is what are you going to use for a water supply.??

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    If you came up empty with a google search, then you mis-typed it or mis-spelled it.

If you'd like, I can post up pics with photoshop of blueprints to make one out of PVC. The only question is, is what are you going to use for a water supply.??
    We have a 3" to a dual home garden hose connection (the thread spec escapes me at this moment) so water can be pulled straight from a pumper. The garden hose valves are good at regulating the water and we have one hose to the shower and one to a normal garden hose with a plain old garden spray nozzle on the end. It can be right off the pumper or at the end of a supply hose, depending on how far away you want your source. The only change I would make is an 1 3/4 fitting instead so a smaller diameter supply hose could be used.

If the garden hoses get contaminated, they are reasonably priced and readily available and will easily fit in an overpack or collection drum.

I have seen this same set up with both hoses going to the PVC frame as well.

It does work well and keeps the contaminated wash water to a miminum since it's regulated so easily.

Be safe, R2

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post

Should have been more clear, google search came back with some results but I was looking for a diagrams or plans.....anything along those lines you could post would be appreciated. I have some talented guys on my crew and we have some ideas but dont want to re-invent the wheel and always like to see what others have done. Thanks !

Thread Information