Forum Member

Default Milwuakee guys, please tell me this is a typo

This is an article from FH front page:

Two firefighters are recovering after being injured while trying to put out an overnight fire.
    The fire broke out at an apartment building in the 500 block of South 69th Street at 1 a.m. Saturday.
    Firefighters said the three-story apartment building was filled with smoke.
    They said the fire likely started on the first floor and then spread.
    Firefighters said that a 23-year-old woman living in the apartment suffered some burns and smoke inhalation. She��s still being treated in a hospital.

The two injured firefighters are a 32-year-old man with 21 years of service and a female firefighter with 20 years of service.

Their identities have not been released but commanders said that the man suffered second-degree burns to his face. The female firefighter also suffered facial burns.
    Investigators said they aren��t sure how the pair was injured.
    The cause of the fire is still unknown but fire crews said it does not appear to be suspicious.
    The damage is estimated at $10,000.

Please, please tell me you guys didn't have an 11 year old get hired as a firefighter.

I definately doubt it, but just goes to show the great proofreading and editing you see from the journalists today. In seriousness though I do hope for a speady recovery for both FF's, even if one was living the dream at the same age I was still dreaming.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    but just goes to show the great proofreading and editing you see from the journalists today. In seriousness though I do hope for a speady recovery for both FF's, even if one was living the dream at the same age I was still dreaming.
    I hope you can take a 'ribbing,' jccrabby, but I wouldn't be so hard on the proof readers after you misspelled 'Speedy,' as "speady.'

Again, as jccrabby already said, I definitely hope there's a fast recovery.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breech31 View Post
    I hope you can take a 'ribbing,' jccrabby, but I wouldn't be so hard on the proof readers after you misspelled 'Speedy,' as "speady.'

Again, as jccrabby already said, I definitely hope there's a fast recovery.
    Thanks for the proofread Breech, must be a reason I'm a firefighter and not a journalist. Let the ribbing begin, I kind of go by the notion don't dish it if you can't take it.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

no offense taken.

Forum Member

What? Y'all don't let 11 year olds fight fire. They work for ice cream. Much cheaper than cutting down to 2 man companies.
    FF/Paramedic

Thread Information