Thread: Cleveland,OHIO

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cleveland,OHIO

hello, im looking for info on the agility test cleveland,oh uses, i heard its tuff but want to know what im looking forward to this summer as they announced they are doing a hiring. any info would be appreciated. thank you

MembersZone Subscriber

Good luck with the process
    Last edited by Bimmernate; 12-29-2008 at 11:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you, im a ff now in SC, but home is Cleveland and thats what i want and im going to get it. also, i would like to add, any info on getting hired on a large city department would also be appreciated.

Forum Member

It's been about 10 years since they last tested and I was only told about the test then. I was told that some people vomit after and they have taken people to the hospital with chest pain. I even heard some guy died of heart attack. To the best of my knowledge it mostly consists of a lot of stairs with tool carry up/down. There's also a blacked out tunnel with guys shouting at you to mess with you. Sorry I can't be more specific but definitely do the stair work.

Forum Member

This website will provide you with information about Cleveland www.fireprep.com. Also if you are not a city resident or a veteran you will be wasting your time taking this test. I am not saying you have to be both, but without being one of them you will not stand a chance. Also I would think just about every large city department has a website that you could probably search for hiring info. Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

The last Cleveland firefighter examination was given in 1998. The next Cleveland Firefighter Examination is anticipated to be held between June-August of 2009. From the next Cleveland Firefighter Examination, over 100 Cleveland firefighters are expected to be hired.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

The minimum requirements to take the examination are 18 years of age and a high school diploma or GED. The starting salary of a Cleveland Firefighter is $44,122 and the salary after 3 years is $54,123. Additional benefits include a comprehensive medical and dental plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, and a retirement plan after just 25 years of service and age 48. Cleveland residents will receive an extra 10 points on your final examination score.

Additional information can be found at the link below or by calling 1-800-989-FIRE

http://www.fireprep.com/2009_clevela...ghter_exa.html

MembersZone Subscriber

im a resident of cleveland, well once i move back to my parents.

fireprep- ill be giving you a call tomorrow to see if you have any opening. i heard spots fill up quick.?

Forum Member

Rumor has it that you will need to prove that you had residency for 12 months prior to whenever the application period will be, such as a lease, bills, car insurance, tax records and whatever else they might want. Have heard this from fireprep and Cleveland civil service. So if you want those resident points make sure you have this stuff in order.

MembersZone Subscriber

This website has info for you to check out:

www.iafflocal93.org (Cleveland Firefighters Union)

#32 on left hand side has employment info.

Good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

bump, just trying to find out all the info i can

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone heard anything new about CFD? Any rumors on the type of test given? Just wanted to bump this back to the top. Been waiting several years for this test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Last I heard they are going to be giving the test in July or August. Cleveland is expected to hire over 100 firefighters. Thats all hear\say though. also, heard they should be announcing it officially very soon.

Thread Information