Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: L.a.f.d

Smile L.a.f.d

Hi all,

My name is Tez and i was wondering if anyone could answer me a few questions.

Lets start with i am a 26 year old Englishman and i am hoping to join the L.A.F.D in the summer of 2009.

I have been onto the website and started my application but have hit a brick wall as i cant progress any further without a U.S address so i don't know what problems i may face in my application being a non-national.

I finished my schooling to a good standard leaving school with good grades and then gaining a diploma in sports science at college, I keep fit and i train 5 times a week, weights, swimming and cardio and i consider my self to be very fit.

I also have a full British driving license and i expect i will have to attain a u.s driving license to be able to drive there for a prolonged amount of time but that's no problem.

Is there a rough time scale on how long the application takes as i will have to save enough money to live there until i start training.

I know this is a big ask and i really appreciate all of you that have taken your time to read this far and would like to thank you now for your time and help as its all going to be a great help!

Thanks again for your time,

Warm regards

Tez Blackmore

Thumbs up LA info?

Give them a call at:

(213) 473-9060

or check out the page:

http://www.joinlafd.org/

Good luck and if LA does not work out, there are several gread departments in the LA area.

Default Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for the information.

Have a great day

Default Problems

Can anyone tell me any problems i face joining the L.A.F.D being a non national?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried the website and it doesn't give me any details.

many thanks

Forum Member

hey sorry my response is a bit late (only just seen the post)
    i know how you feel, i'm a brit and im in exactly the same position as you.
    first of all seeing as you still live in britain you will need an imigrant visa before you can do anything, only when you are living in the us and are a us citizen can you apply, you will need to do a GED test as you did not attend an american high school and have a full californian driving license (by now you should have an american address anyway). only after all of this can you apply so it is best to get a temporary job. I am a brit so im not 100% sure but i think this is the only possible way we can join. Good luck!

http://www.joinlafd.org/Requirments.htm
    http://www.joinlafd.org/Selection_Process.htm
    Last edited by LAFDHopeful; 04-28-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Thread Information