Forum Member

Default Who's accepting applications in the near future?

Anyone know who might/will be accepting applications in the near future? Say, perhaps within the next year or so? Full-time, part-time, etc.?

Thanks
    Last edited by Breech31; 01-08-2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Oatmeal!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breech31 View Post
    Anyone know who might/will be accepting applications in the near future? Say, perhaps within the next year or so? Full-time, part-time, etc.?

Thanks

Green Bay probably will be soon. Despite the cuts we are still several positions short and still have several people retiring this spring. They will be doing a hiring this year, but I believe the list that should have expired was extended and they may hire off that list. Otherwise they may do an application period and testing and that could go quick to get enough for an academy. FYI, While paramedic is not required, it is a good possibility medics will be considered more than non medics.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    Green Bay probably will be soon. Despite the cuts we are still several positions short and still have several people retiring this spring. They will be doing a hiring this year, but I believe the list that should have expired was extended and they may hire off that list. Otherwise they may do an application period and testing and that could go quick to get enough for an academy. FYI, While paramedic is not required, it is a good possibility medics will be considered more than non medics.
    Interesting....I'm from Green Bay. Green Bay looks for a two year degree in Fire Science, don't they?

MembersZone Subscriber

Eau Claire will be accepting applications this year as well.

Must be a paramedic.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breech31 View Post
    Interesting....I'm from Green Bay. Green Bay looks for a two year degree in Fire Science, don't they?

Yes.
    Last I heard about the hiring was they were going off the old list and were looking to hire 7 this year. However, there were just a couple more "unexpected" retirements so the number could go up. Don't know for sure and I'm not sure how many on the current list would accept a job, or even pass background. That list is over 2 years old now.
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Thread Information