Thread: Fire 2 and Emt

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Fire 2 and Emt

How many of you took Fire 2 and Emt at same time? Were you successful? Any advice?

Forum Member

As an Instructor for Northwest Florida Fire Academy, I would not suggest taking both at the same time. You will need study and preparation time for both. We run our class 3 nights a week and all day on Saturday.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Left some info out

Sir,
    I appreciate your response but I would like to put out there that I quit my job to go to school full time. Do you feel that it would be still to much? I am running with a 90 percent avg currently. We go to school Mon,Wed, 6 to 10pm and Sat 8 to 5. Emt would be Mon, Wed 8 to 3 Tues, Fri 8 to 12.

Forum Member

go with what you think is best. I did not take it at the same time, but one of the local colleges here offered a fire/emt combined class. they dropped it after the first try. looking back, I am glad I did it separately, mainly because of the extremely high stress of passing the final exams (makes the tests even harder when your future career is riding on them). good luck.

Forum Member

I think it can be done with a little determination. You may sacrafice doing anything on your days off other than studying. But EMT school is easy anyways, so don't worry about that.
    Knowledge is the difference between KNOWING and GUESSING

"You guys are good, but you'll never invent anything-it's all been done before."

FF/EMT-IV (medic in training)

FF-EMT

Exclamation Ff2 & Emt

You may be able to do it and pass both but what kind of emt or FF will you be?? Both classes require alot to be GOOD at them, taking both at once may be possible but is it advised?

just my .02

FFI and EMT (Separately)
    Mark Zanghetti
    FF-EMT
    Goshen Fire Dept.
    Waterford, CT

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Mzanghetti View Post
    You may be able to do it and pass both but what kind of emt or FF will you be?? Both classes require alot to be GOOD at them, taking both at once may be possible but is it advised?

just my .02

FFI and EMT (Separately)
    Thank You for your input.
    Last edited by lildragon; 01-12-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Change quote

Forum Member

I have one suggestion...

Take ONE class at a time, LEARN as much as you can and then move to the next step. Its your career and you will be learning for 30 years. Start out and take your time.

Thread Information