Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Great so we get a Metz/Scope hybrid. Finally something go compete with the Bronto for highest price! I can see sales in LI!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestTac1 View Post
    If you're patient, you'll see the drawing, photos, etc....when they are available to the public.

This truck, keep in mind, will carry only the mininmal, basic truck company equipmnent. The primary focus is the Aerialscope boom on this truck.

Also, let's not forget it's 2009, and there is a lot more technology, research, engineering, design, etc then there was when the last single axle 'Scopes were being built.
    Do the Seagrave dealers have information on this new single axle aerialscope, because we will be sending out bids in a few months to refurb ours. All we got from Seagrave was a ballpark figure of $ 980,000 for a new bare bones 75' Aerialscope on a tandem axle with very little options!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Great so we get a Metz/Scope hybrid. Finally something go compete with the Bronto for highest price! I can see sales in LI!
    That would be equipped about the same as the Metz that everyone complains doesn't have the needed equipment.

Most fires will come to ground level if you wait long enough. Technolgically advanced: Yeah,there's something I want in a Platform. How about one that WORKS? Simply. Consistantly. THAT would be progress.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    That would be equipped about the same as the Metz that everyone complains doesn't have the needed equipment.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. A Scope with very limted tool compliment, sounds like a Metz with a decent sized bucket and upgraded masterstream capability!

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. A Scope with very limted tool compliment, sounds like a Metz with a decent sized bucket and upgraded masterstream capability!
    As long as it has a decent compliment of ground ladders!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Alright Knuckledraggers,PLEASE enlighten this country boy what constitutes a "truck". You show me yours,I'll show you mine.

115' or more ground ladders
    10 plus KW generator & lights
    Vent saws & gas can
    Ladder pipe
    Rit bag
    salvage equipment
    ropes
    fans
    Forcible entry tools & hooks
    Stokes

And please enlighten my WHY you can't fit the above items on a METZ 'cause I'm dying to know

Forum Member

Default Not Again......

RFDACM02 Don't get sucked into this "Prove Metz can't.." crap!!! We have already beat this into the ground in other threads! Let's move on!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TruckGuy View Post
    RFDACM02 Don't get sucked into this "Prove Metz can't.." crap!!! We have already beat this into the ground in other threads! Let's move on!!
    Sorry, I have nothing to prove, merely making a light hearted joke. People need to QTIP.

I'm not the one who brought it up (Metz/scope)and take the Metz out of the equasion if you wish. What constitutes a TRUCK? Outside of the items I mentioned? Yes,it's been brought up before but I don't remember any really OUTSTANDING answers. At least nothing I would consider a regional,much less a statewide answer. As I'm about to outfit a "REAL" TRUCK,I really want to know if I'm missing something.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 02-15-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    A famous Mark Twain quote: "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Some advice: Learn a little bit about the weight of scopes, some basic physics, and the mechanics of truck axles and brake systems. Then you will understand why some of us are concerned.
    Then enlighten us. How much does Pelham Manor's ladder weight? now i don't want to know what they usually weight i want to know what THIERS weights.

Oh, I can't wait until this becomes official, because I hope there is video posted on YouTube of you people taking your foots out of your mout.

Until WHAT becomes official?Electronics on a 'scope? Single X on a "scope? T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 11-23-2009 at 10:01 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Dare I say, I won't be surprised to see a single screw Scope. But, I don't see to many people here tasting their toes until 2-3 years of these new Scopes being in the field. There are dead carcasses of new apparatus ideas strew about the country. In fact the Seagrave Towermax may become of of these. BTW anyone the picture on the FH.com front page story of the FD that burned in Cambria, NY? Was that an E-One rescue pod aerial?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrig77 View Post
    Then enlighten us. How much does Pelham Manor's ladder weight? now i don't want to know what they usually weight i want to know what THIERS weights.
    "Some advice: Learn a little bit about the weight of scopes, some basic physics, and the mechanics of truck axles and brake systems. Then you will understand why some of us are concerned."

Now granted, from the mispellings and poor grammatical composition of your post, it would appear that you have a hard time with the english language. What part of the above statement confused you? Did I use words with too many syllables? Let me know and I will try to clarify for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WestTac1 View Post
    Oh, I can't wait until this becomes official, because I hope there is video posted on YouTube of you people taking your foots out of your mout.
    Seth, I never denied that Seagrave was doing this job. The job is indeed "in the works." I merely questioned the logic behind it due to the history of 'Scopes on single screws, and the fact that later on in life Mack stopped building them on singles alltogether. In fact if I remember correctly, FDNY even tried to get singles and Mack would not do it.

Forum Member

Post Brakes On a Single Axle Mack !

If you drive a single axle Scope at 40 MPH on a fire call and someone pulls out in front of you from a parking lot or side street, you can forget about stopping in time, and radio for a heavy rescue to cut the people out of the car. It's going to take a few hundred feet to stop the apparatus !

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Now granted, from the mispellings and poor grammatical composition of your post, it would appear that you have a hard time with the english language. What part of the above statement confused you? Did I use words with too many syllables? Let me know and I will try to clarify for you.
    Well put. You completely ignored the question you were posed. I will assume I was right in thinking that you know nothing about the apparatus. You were more concerned about grammar then proving that you knew anything about the tower ladder. Take a seat please and let the people who have seen the rig and know people who work on it talk. You can pretend that "ya, i know about rigs weights and stopping distances." But when you simply attack someone for posing a question it shows how simple minded and petty you really are. Are you even in the fire service? Vol or Career? or are you really just a buff and wish you could be like us. i have no idea.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll bet that Buff Guy ain't even a firefighter!!!!!!! Oh boy!!!!!!

But he knows where there's a good steak sub,hehe T.c.

Thread Information