+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 First ... 2345678 ... Last
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pumper8032 View Post
    I was told unles you have had one from the afore mentioned food outlets, then you haven't really had one...but the guys at Primos Secane station kept us in ready supply of very nice cheese steaks. Even if we were told we were weak without having green peppers.
    Wait a minute....those putz's tried to give you a cheese steak with green peppers??? That could get you lynched by an angry mob in South Philadelphia. Now how about that roo meat?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

They don't use ropes in South Philly. GUN'S are the weapons of choice!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    And I can't believe the Chief Engineer just admitted that his car broke down.....Let the games begin!
    Car's got 140,000 on it. Whaddya want!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Correct on all points. "PLEASE ORDER IN ENGLISH"

Then, there's Tony Lukes!
    I was not impressed with Tony Lukes. I heard that Delasandro's in Roxborough was just sold so I hope that doesn't go downhill now.

I was in Cobo San Luco last week and the hotel's poolside bar/restaurant had the audacity to have a "Philly Cheesesteak" on their menu. I couldn't get myself to try it. Was in Minneapolis a few years ago and the menu there listed a "Philadelphia Style" Cheesesteak, shaved roast beef on french bread with swiss cheese. (UGH!)
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    Car's got 140,000 on it. Whaddya want!
    Weak. I know (or at least I KNEW) of some big, blue trucks that had 300K 400K, and even 500K on them and THEY didn't break down!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfyre View Post
    I was not impressed with Tony Lukes. I heard that Delasandro's in Roxborough was just sold so I hope that doesn't go downhill now.

I was in Cobo San Luco last week and the hotel's poolside bar/restaurant had the audacity to have a "Philly Cheesesteak" on their menu. I couldn't get myself to try it. Was in Minneapolis a few years ago and the menu there listed a "Philadelphia Style" Cheesesteak, shaved roast beef on french bread with swiss cheese. (UGH!)
    Ok....I'll let out a little secret here. The BEST cheese steak is NOT in Philadelphia. It's right outside the border, (and I mean RIGHT outside) in Delaware County. LEO'S STEAKS, 1403 Chester Pike, Folcroft, Pa. (ph-610-586-1199)

When you are IN the city......If you are down at the sports complex for a Phillies Game, a Flyers Game, a concert, whatever......TONY LUKES, about a mile away at 39 East Oregon Ave., Philadelphia PH.-215-551-5725. It's right under Interstate 95.

In NORTHEAST Philly: STEVE'S PRINCE OF STEAKS, 7200 Bustleton Ave. (1 block south of Cottman) (215) 338-0985

In the LOWER NORTHEAST: CHINKS STEAKS, 6030 Torresdale Avenue. Philadelphia PA (215) 535-9405

And, a special mention has to go to Gaetano's Steaks (609) 871-5588 498 Beverly Rancocas Rd, Willingboro, NJ. But shhhhhh dont tell anyone that there is a good steak in Jersey!

Eat at any of the above (and may I add MORE FOR LESS) and you will throw at those two overpriced tourist traps.

Forum Member

When you two going to figure out how to keep a vehicle going? The last little truck(one ton)I bought for the working fleet had 330K on the clock. 140's NUTHIN! Most of my working fleet will have ove a million on it before I retire 'em. The woman's ride is approaching 100K.Modern day rigs are running 750 to a million before you crack 'em. I just don't know what I'm going to do with you two,hehe T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    When you two going to figure out how to keep a vehicle going? The last little truck(one ton)I bought for the working fleet had 330K on the clock. 140's NUTHIN! Most of my working fleet will have ove a million on it before I retire 'em. The woman's ride is approaching 100K.Modern day rigs are running 750 to a million before you crack 'em. I just don't know what I'm going to do with you two,hehe T.C.
    Whats this "two of you schit?" The day that she who must be obeyed totaled my 1998 Toyota 4-Runner, it had 187,798 miles on it. It did not burn ONE drop of oil in between changes. Let me repeat that- it did not burn, leak, or otherwise discharge one single solitary drop of oil in between the changes. She was well taken care of and repaid me with loyalty. Her suspension was solid, alignment was straight and true, and was a BEAST. I think one of the best times I ever had with her was one of the rare 2 foot "blizzards" that hit the Philly area......TC ask the Chief Engineer how many lawn mowers he has blown up!!!!

Forum Member

Those mowers got Nitrous?hehe T.c.

Forum Member

The thing with Kangaroo meat is that you can't cook it thorugh, it nearly had to be hopping to make it taste nice. The meat is also a bit spongy, but I could give it a bash, try and get it thin enough.

Yes they tried the green peppers, I did not partake, just didn't seem right.

Forum Member

I've probably seen you at Tony Lukes... that place is responsible for half my gut!

xChiefEng7

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Ok....I'll let out a little secret here. The BEST cheese steak is NOT in Philadelphia. It's right outside the border, (and I mean RIGHT outside) in Delaware County. LEO'S STEAKS, 1403 Chester Pike, Folcroft, Pa. (ph-610-586-1199)

When you are IN the city......If you are down at the sports complex for a Phillies Game, a Flyers Game, a concert, whatever......TONY LUKES, about a mile away at 39 East Oregon Ave., Philadelphia PH.-215-551-5725. It's right under Interstate 95.

In NORTHEAST Philly: STEVE'S PRINCE OF STEAKS, 7200 Bustleton Ave. (1 block south of Cottman) (215) 338-0985

In the LOWER NORTHEAST: CHINKS STEAKS, 6030 Torresdale Avenue. Philadelphia PA (215) 535-9405

And, a special mention has to go to Gaetano's Steaks (609) 871-5588 498 Beverly Rancocas Rd, Willingboro, NJ. But shhhhhh dont tell anyone that there is a good steak in Jersey!

Eat at any of the above (and may I add MORE FOR LESS) and you will throw at those two overpriced tourist traps.

MembersZone Subscriber

With all the talk of food in this post somehow this got missed:

http://my.seagrave.com/ContentManage...ochure_f-4.pdf

It was posted on Seagrave's site on February 24th.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by srogers View Post
    With all the talk of food in this post somehow this got missed:

http://my.seagrave.com/ContentManage...ochure_f-4.pdf

It was posted on Seagrave's site on February 24th.
    Funny no mention of a single screw chassis.

Forum Member

Nah,we were going to discuss it over the dinner table. T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Funny no mention of a single screw chassis.
    First page of the brochure:

The existing booms, platform, superstructure, waterway,
    outriggers and cylinders will be fully disassembled, inspected
    by third party, then overhauled and refinished.
    The electrical system will be updated with our state-of-the art
    aerial controls and NFPA interlocks. New hydraulic system
    including new swivel, pump, tank, all hoses, and reel will be
    installed.
    Our new body structure and torque-tube will be installed on
    a new Marauder II chassis.
    Choice of engines up to 500 HP which is a significant
    improvement over the original Mack power

Seagrave offers chassis in 6x4 or 4x2 configurations.

Forum Member

Seagrave offers chassis in 6x4 or 4x2 configurations

Taken from the first page of the brochure.

Matt

MembersZone Subscriber

The first part of the brochure, which I believe would be the last page on a folded brochure references rebuilding current Aerialscopes. On the last page it only mention tandem axle weight ratings.

Forum Member

I'm sure by choice they'd put it on a 'screw for a whole lot of reasons INCLUDING increased PROFIT.New and improved NFPA ELECTRONIC interlocks and controls. Well, there goes the neighborhood.And NO WHERE in the brochure does it say they WON'T build it on a single.I like the new body style. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRider73 View Post
    Seagrave offers chassis in 6x4 or 4x2 configurations

Taken from the first page of the brochure.

Matt
    Ok, I guess my eye sight needs adjustment. It seems this would be " feature" they'd want to sell, given so many would be interested. I need to see it featured to believe it, I can see them talking anyone out of actually building one.

T.C- when's dinner? I'm in E-one country right now! Beats snow and ice any day!

Forum Member

Adam, my finely feathered friend,just follow the Canadians(geese)home. Chef Cartman sent you a memoDinner now or would you prefer to wait until you can find the Grill? You are also invited,if you care to join us,at the Roadhouse(So. Portland/Scarborough)once Spanky gets his schedule figured out. The usual pirates will be present.BTW,WTF are you doing in Ocala?Or is it Brunswick? Nah,it's not warm in Brunswick,mebbee tomorrow.In either event we ARE coming to Rockland some weekend to check out the Toyne and we'll arrange some kinda road kill while we're there.Any developments on the "cross training"? T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 03-06-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Forum Member

Post Seagrave Remount Program

I talked to a fire department here in the New york/New Jersey area, they recieved bids from Seagrave & Pierce for a refurb/re-chassis 75' Aerialscope. Pierce won the bid at $ 715,000 and Seagrave came in at $ 770,000. A new Aerialscope II costs about $ 970,000 plus !

Thumbs up Pelham Manor MII dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    Maybe someone on the forum can come up with a cad drawing or specs on this " SUPER SEAGRAVE SINGLE AXLE SCOPE " that we are hearing about ?
    I have the drawing. I don't know if it's mine to share, but I'll comment on a few highlights.

It is indeed a single rear axle. It is a 62" MII cab, with an overall vehicle length of 502" Front bumper to the tip of the bucket's monitor. OVH is 10'6", and compartments very reminiscent of Mack / Baker scopes (except with roll-up doors). Front bumper is 22", which I think is necessary for the fold-out front jacks on the tilt-cab.

Ground ladders are vertical. There does not appear to be a rear transverse compartment (originally for the stokes).

It's simple and compact. I like the concept, and am in the process of learning more.

Forum Member

While doing a search on the Internet for more info on the Aerialscope II's I found these sites for a department in PA thought ever one would like to see these.

http://www.hazletwpfirerescue.com/truck.htm

http://www.hazletwpfirerescue.com/truck2.html

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOWER412 View Post
    While doing a search on the Internet for more info on the Aerialscope II's I found these sites for a department in PA thought ever one would like to see these.

http://www.hazletwpfirerescue.com/truck.htm

http://www.hazletwpfirerescue.com/truck2.html
    This department is next door to mine, there chief stated to me they are expecting delievery in the april - may range, this process has been about a 4 to 5 year process for them, but well worth it, with the arrival of this scope, they will have two, there present scope is going to be ran out of there second station

Forum Member

HI hfdchiefone,

Thanks for the up date on there scope. Do you know how long it is taking Seagrave to build the Scope. Wondering how many months it takes now. When we got our Scope in 1995 I think it took around 18 months or so from Baker. Plus FDNY had just got few before ours with the single big jack in the front bumper.

The one thing I didn't see in the Hazlet pics where any new Scopes for FDNY got to see there pumpers. I thought Seagrave had started to build the new Scopes for FDNY already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information