Hello all. I'm new to the forum as you can see. I really want to apply to either Los Angeles County FD or the City of Long Beach FD, but I have a couple reservations about the process.

First off, I had brain surgery 10 years to remove a non-cancerous tumor. Will that automatically eliminate me?

Second, I was forced to resign from a previous position of employment because I attempted to use a family only discount on a friend. Had I not resigned, I don't know for sure if I would have been terminated. I declined to accept that I had done this action to the HR department and chose to just leave on my own.

Third, I do need to wear glasses for distance vision. I'm planning on lasik in the very near future. My vision is 20/70 and 20/90, but 20/15 corrected.

Outside of that, I have a flawless employment record with my other major employers. I'm a college grad with a degree in political science. I'm totally healthy in all ways. I am currently an assistant manager for a major nationwide wholesaler. I just want to make a difference.

Should I take the time to apply and do the CPAT? Or would I just be wasting my time based on what I've stated here.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan