Forum Member

Default IFSI Explorer School 2009

Being one of the advisors of my post I recently downloaded the new packet of information from the IFSI website and am more than a little bit confused. Are the kids no longer doing evolutions into the evening? According to the schedule everything ceases at 5 PM, when in the past they have had easily another 3 hours after that. Also, are these "leadership" classes live fire, or how does that work? If there are not as many opportunities for live fire and other evolutions as last year (or more than a small drop) our kids may not go. I noticed the lack of "Kick It Up a Notch" evolutions in the afternoon, which were always a big hit as far as the opportunity to do high angle.

Just looking for any information out there, please, considering we have to start thinking about registering etc!

PS I noticed the addition of auto extrication, which I feel is very over due!

MembersZone Subscriber

There are still burns in the evening. They are going to be geared more towards participants with experience. If you have questions call FSI direct the number is on the web site.

Forum Member

As far as I know, they're switching things around to accomodate a little more people since there is no official Fire Exploring Nationals this summer - which at Nationals, everything ceased at 5 and they opened up the Student Union after dinner and had misc. stuff/contests going on every evening - ie wedging sprinklers, waterball, ect.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2426 View Post
    There are still burns in the evening. They are going to be geared more towards participants with experience. If you have questions call FSI direct the number is on the web site.
    So, more or less what you are saying is that the advanced drills which used to be held in the afternoons (Kick it Up a Notch) are moved to the evenings now?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes,

It should make things a little better too.... since it should cool down a bit in the evening. From everything that I have been told is that there are going to be more participants and more classes/ activites.

Forum Member

Cool I need to know!!!

When and where are the classes located....I need to know asap

Thanks,
    Stay safe,

Thread Information