Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default New Jersey Vet.... Or Not??

Posted only because there may be some in here who used this service in the recent past, but may not be aware of the situation:

Good Dog. Bad, Bad "Vet"

N.J. man poses as a woman and a vet. By TAMARA VOSTOK

Updated 9:20 AM EST, Thu, Jan 15, 2009

Daniel C. Tyce, 26, of Atlantic City was arrested Friday, January 9 by Vineland police for operating as a veterinarian, although he wasn’t licensed, police said.

You may have had your pet vaccinated by this local vet, but she never even went to med school!

Watch VideoOnly on NBC10: Cameras capture a heated fight between the partner of a man accused of posing as a woman and a vet and the owner of the building where they...

Caught on Camera - Fight in Fake Vet Case

You may have donated to her non-profit, but police say it’s bogus!

You may have thought “she” was a woman, but “she” is a man!

This is one bad “vet.”

Daniel C. Tyce, 26, of Atlantic City was arrested Friday, January 9 by Vineland police for operating as a veterinarian, although he wasn’t licensed, police said.

But, there is more to this story.

Tyce, a man, claimed to be a woman, Danielle Smith DVM, with a doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania. He ran a bogus non-profit “South Jersey Small Animal Rescue” for two years, according to detectives.

He and an assistant ran this phony business, which was not registered as a non-profit organization, investigators said.

The Website even asked for donations and ran ads for adoptable animals stating people could take animals home for a monetary contribution.

You may have also seen donation cans Tyce placed in local stores. Or maybe you saw him driving by in a white Jeep with “Animal Cruelty Investigations” written on the side. He and his assistant wore “uniforms” and carried “badges” to look official, according to a press release.

Tyce and his operation were busted after pet owner Andrea Cappellucci got suspicious.

Cappellucci said Tyce, who she still refers to as a woman, began treating and vaccinating her pets last spring. But after handing over close to $1,000, Cappellucci eventually went to Vineland police in December.

“I'm angry and I'm just to myself, how did she take me? How did she dupe me like that?"

Vineland police believe others pet owners may have been duped as well over the last two years. “The potential effect is that animals may have been inoculated with possibly no medicines, improper medicines and that’s a concern because this could be far-reaching throughout our tri-state area,” said Lt. Tom Ulrich with the Vineland Police Department.

Anyone with information on this case, or if you think your pet is a victim, contact Detective John Winquist at (856)691-4111 ext. 4316 or call your local police department.

Tyce was charged with practicing medicine without a license. He was being held in lieu of $10,000 bail. On the website, Dr. Danielle Smith is described as a true hero for the animal community as a whole.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Posted only because there may be some in here who used this service in the recent past, but may not be aware of the situation:

Good Dog. Bad, Bad "Vet"

N.J. man poses as a woman and a vet. By TAMARA VOSTOK

Updated 9:20 AM EST, Thu, Jan 15, 2009

You may have had your pet vaccinated by this local vet, but she never even went to med school!

Watch VideoOnly on NBC10: Cameras capture a heated fight between the partner of a man accused of posing as a woman and a vet and the owner of the building where they...

Caught on Camera - Fight in Fake Vet Case

You may have donated to her non-profit, but police say it’s bogus!

You may have thought “she” was a woman, but “she” is a man!

This is one bad “vet.”

But, there is more to this story.

Tyce, a man, claimed to be a woman, Danielle Smith DVM, with a doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania. He ran a bogus non-profit “South Jersey Small Animal Rescue” for two years, according to detectives.

He and an assistant ran this phony business, which was not registered as a non-profit organization, investigators said.

The Website even asked for donations and ran ads for adoptable animals stating people could take animals home for a monetary contribution.

You may have also seen donation cans Tyce placed in local stores. Or maybe you saw him driving by in a white Jeep with “Animal Cruelty Investigations” written on the side. He and his assistant wore “uniforms” and carried “badges” to look official, according to a press release.

Tyce and his operation were busted after pet owner Andrea Cappellucci got suspicious.

Cappellucci said Tyce, who she still refers to as a woman, began treating and vaccinating her pets last spring. But after handing over close to $1,000, Cappellucci eventually went to Vineland police in December.

“I'm angry and I'm just to myself, how did she take me? How did she dupe me like that?"

Vineland police believe others pet owners may have been duped as well over the last two years. “The potential effect is that animals may have been inoculated with possibly no medicines, improper medicines and that’s a concern because this could be far-reaching throughout our tri-state area,” said Lt. Tom Ulrich with the Vineland Police Department.

Anyone with information on this case, or if you think your pet is a victim, contact Detective John Winquist at (856)691-4111 ext. 4316 or call your local police department.

Tyce was charged with practicing medicine without a license. He was being held in lieu of $10,000 bail. On the website, Dr. Danielle Smith is described as a true hero for the animal community as a whole.
    Dude, this is NJ. Stuff like this happens every day here. I saw this story this morning and didn't even bat an eye. Most people in NJ are immune to this kind of stuff. A freakin' alien space ship could land and people would call the PD and bitch because it was blocking their driveway.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Dude, this is NJ. Stuff like this happens every day here. I saw this story this morning and didn't even bat an eye. Most people in NJ are immune to this kind of stuff. A freakin' alien space ship could land and people would call the PD and bitch because it was blocking their driveway.
    Ya, kinda figured something like that, but I also know how attached you folks down there are to your pets. No harm, no foul, right.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber Engine58's Avatar

Aint this the truth!
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Geez George.....I thought you were still on probation from the last time you put on a wig and wore a dress!
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    Geez George.....I thought you were still on probation from the last time you put on a wig and wore a dress!
    I got a lighter sentence because I had the good sense to wear underwear with the dress.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

I got a lighter sentence because I had the good sense to wear underwear with the dress.
    TMI!TMI!TMI!I didn't want to know that.Please keep yer prison fantasies to yourself.
    Not long ago,the Shelby County Sheriff(Memphis TN) got into trouble because a woman dressed as a man got put into the men's side of the jail because no one did a strip search as required for male inmates.
    If they had done a strip search,it would have been discovered that they were dealing with a woman but then they'd be geting bitched at because they had stripped a woman without a female deputy present and who knows WHAT would have happened then.
    Can win for losing.

Thread Information