Default Fire Science Student Here -- Laconia, NH

I've just entered my first semester of Fire Science at Lakes Region Community College in Laconia, NH. Basically I'm here because I know I want to pursue a career in an emergency-related field (ie EMS, Firefighting) but I'm not exactly what I'll settle on for a career. I figure I may as well go straight to the source and read and ask questions.

It's recommended that I associate myself with a Fire Department while I am in school, however since I live in Laconia (I got an apartment here so I could go to school) I can't do this. The Laconia FD (unlike others, I'm told) requires that I finish the first semester of the Fire Academy in Concord which I won't be able to take until the fall semester due to scheduling problems for this semester. Anyway, I figured I'd associate myself with SOME group of people who can answer my (startilingly stupid, I'm sure) questions.

So yeah, sorry in advance for not being able to add wisdom or knowledge to the forum. I usually only join a place where I can both learn and teach, but in this case I'll just be doing a lot of learning. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to help someone like me.

Also, as I progress in my Municipal Fire Management course, I'm supposed to interview/write a report about both an officer of any department and a regular fire fighter of any department. My teacher says that generally this would be the one I am associated with. Since I am not, I thought I might arrange with him to interview anyone here who is willing. Not sure whether he'd really let me do that or whether it would have to be someone local as I have to provide Names, locations and phone numbers etc to prove I didn't make anything up.

Anyway, any wit, wisdom and advice is welcome. I'm humble enough to know that I don't know jack!

Forum Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Default New also

Live in NH, work in NH and MA

Thread Information