MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2009 Kansas City, Missouri Fire Exam

The application period for our next hiring list runs from Jan. 18, 2009 through March 2, 2009. This process will establish a two year eligibility list. To apply, one must:

Be a resident of the City of Kansas City, Missouri at the time of application.

Be a high school graduate (or possess a state-issued GED)

Be 19 years of age by March 2, 2009.

Not have reached your 30th birthday by March 2, 2009.

(Applicants under the age of 45 by the application deadline, who have prior work experience with the City of Kansas City, Mo., Fire Department, may have that time deducted from their age in order to meet the age requirement as listed above.)

Meet specified medical and physical requirements

Possess a valid Missouri driver's license showing current residency.
    Applications can be obtained at KCFD Headquarters located at 635 Woodland, Suite 2100 or visit our Application Fair Website to view a list of the Fair locations that will take place in the month of February.

Or you may apply online at www.kcmo.org. Please copy and paste the following instructions to navigate the application process.

Fireprep.com has over 250 pages of FREE information and career articles to help you reach your goal of becoming a firefighter.

Go to www.fireprep.com and register for our free fireprep e-mail newsletter that currently has over 32,000 subscribers.

Good luck !

Does anyone know what the status of this hiring process is? I took the test about 5 weeks ago but havent heard back. Do they usually let you know only if you pass the test or will they let you know if you didnt pass it too?

Thank you!

Forum Member

Default Update

I just got my letter today. Expect yours shortly.

I passed the initial written test along with 385 other people. Next is the videotaped structured oral interviews. They do mention in the letter that KCFD will be creating their 2 year eligibility list, but budget limitations make it unlikely that they will make any job offers this time around. This is especially disheartening for me since I will be over the 30 year old limit during the 2011 testing cycle.

I got mine too. I wonder how many applied originally?? Yeah, I agree it was tough to read that letter saying that they probably wont hire from this new eligibility list. I will have one more chance (by 5 months) before I am over the 30 year old limit, but the fact that I will have to wait two more years is really disheartening. Good Luck to you Kazoorugby! and Thanks for the reply.

Thread Information