I upgraded to a new Streamlight Survivor and plan on keeping my old one around the house to use. If I store it on the charger so it is always ready will I ruin the battery? It is a 10 year old light with a new battery and bulb. In the past I always charged it on my days off and had it on my coat on the work days. It is a NiCad battery and I don't know about battery memory etc. Any help is appreciated.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Survivor Light Question
01-17-2009, 11:38 PM #1
Survivor Light Question
01-18-2009, 12:46 AM #2
I have had one for several years that I keep on constant charge. Once a week I take it out and allow it to run all the way down. Keeps the battery "conditioned" and wont allow it to form a memory."Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."
01-18-2009, 01:32 AM #3
Buff has the right idea, we use those in our dept... letting it run all the way down does seem to prevent a memory.
01-18-2009, 07:29 AM #4
Leaving it on the charger all the time is not good for it. Ever notice how warm the case gets when its been sitting on the charger? It was not designed for that kind of abuse and it will probably reduce the battery life significantly.
You're better off running it down once a week, recharging it fully, and leaving it off the charger.Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Lono in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2006, 10:30 PM
By TFJ123 in forum Volunteer ForumReplies: 25Last Post: 02-11-2006, 10:35 AM
By ffsolden21 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2004, 11:29 PM
By Rippin73 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 10-04-2004, 01:36 PM