Forum Member

Default Pittsburgh's going to the SUPERBOWL (again)!

Here we go Steelers!
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Steeler Nation will spur them to victory! Offense versus defense. What a match-up!
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

The only team that can beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl is the Steelers.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I can't agree with you more.

Roethlisberger has finally been look somewhat consistent these past few games. Willie has been having some awesome games all season. Where did Santanio Holmes come from all the sudden the past like 4 games? He's been playing like he did at OSU finally...
    I'm more pumped for this superbowl than I have been for any other one... It's going to be a great game!

I'm happy for The Cards making it and, in a way, for Whisenhunt and Grimm. It's cool seeing Larry Fitzgerald finally make it because I watched him play a lot of college ball at Pitt games when he played... I went a lot of games his senior year at Pitt.

Forwarded to me from my family in the city--
    Steelers Poem: Curse Of The Terrible Towel
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

It was a dark day in Steelers history. The Tennessee Titans crushed the Black and Gold this season, then stomped on the Terrible Towel. The Titans haven't won since. Coincidence?

Curse Of The Terrible Towel
    A Poem By Dave Crawley

There is power, they say, in the towels that wave.
    Like black and gold shrouds on the visitor's grave.
    It's a mojo opponents should never neglect.
    The Terrible Towel requires respect.

Then this! A deed unspeakably foul!
    The Tennessee Titans defile the towel! Although their crass actions made Steeler fans wince,
    You'll notice that Titan team hasn't won since.

They lost to the Colts. Then the Ravens came in,
    A game Tennessee was expected to win.
    But the curse of the towel gave Tennessee shakes,
    As they sank in a series of stunning mistakes.

Our Black and Gold guys had a much different story.
    Santonio Holmes led the gallop to glory.
    Fast Willie scored, and the Steelers were winning.
    For the Chargers the torment was only beginning.

Third quarter. Alas, on the Bolts' only play,
    Foote gives them the boot, and he takes it away.
    The towels were twirling as Ben let it go,
    And the much maligned offense was starting to flow.

That towel brings sorcery into the fray.
    If you don't believe it, well, check out this play.
    To add to the Chargers' grim feelings of dread,
    A punt that careened off this poor fellow's head.

The message, of course, as we hooted with glee,
    From the Terrible Towel: Do not tread on me.
    A word to the Ravens. The moment draws nigh.
    This is the reason you're still flying high.

The Titans besmirched it, and now to our glee
    They will be watching this game on TV.
    As you enter the confines where Steeler fans howl:
    BEWARE OF THE CURSE OF THE TERRIBLE TOWEL!
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

RFxplr326, think we could send a Terrible Towel to the Cardinals and dare them to stomp on it?!

As a long time Steeler fan, I'm stuck in mostly Rams country with a smattering of Bears fans. The Bears I can take but not the Rams. Around here all the talk is the Cardinals and Warner since a lot of St. Louisans still have a place in their hearts for Warner. His is a fantastic story but listening to all these fans around St. Louis to pull for the Cards drives me insane. I listen to the ESPN station out of St. Louis (101.1 FM) and not many of the sports figures think the Steelers can beat the mighty Arizona offense with Warner at the helm. I just listen and think to myself, "The Cards have yet to play a defense like this that hits like they do." As far as I know, no one has even mentioned what might happen when one of the Cards' players gets their bell rung the first time they touch the ball. Many times that can change the way a player approaches the next play and the rest of the game. High flying offenses have had some success against the Steelers in the past but if the Steelers can turn it into a slug fest the Steelers will be victorious.

Go Steelers!
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Forum Member

The whole time I lived in TN, I {and a few others } got ranked on for being a Steeler fan. Vindication!
    Last edited by firecat1; 05-01-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Banned

The birds will fly high, beating the sluggish Steelers. It was just about a year ago when no one gave the Giants a chance either. The Steelers rely on stopping the running game and ignore the passing game. The Cardinals rely on the passing game and the run is secondary. Fitzgerald and Boldin will have a field day against their less physical counter parts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    The birds will fly high, beating the sluggish Steelers. It was just about a year ago when no one gave the Giants a chance either. The Steelers rely on stopping the running game and ignore the passing game. The Cardinals rely on the passing game and the run is secondary. Fitzgerald and Boldin will have a field day against their less physical counter parts.
    Firstly, I don't know who will win. I know who I want to win but that's why they play the game. Secondly, apparently you are talking about things you don't know. Number one, the Steelers defense ranked first in the NFL in passing yards allowed and they played against some pretty good QB's. Number two, the Steelers do focus on stopping the run but this is to make you a one dimensional passing team. Take away the run, make you have to throw, now I know what you are doing as a defense and will force you into mistakes. If the Cards want to come out throwing, and I expect they will, the defenses called will be a reflection of that. Fitz and Boldin more physical than the Steelers???! You must be on crack.

If the Cards win I will glady bestow Kudos and it would be a story for the ages but there is no way anyone can, or should, try to trash talk the birds into being more than a 9-7 team out of the weak NFC West until they prove the world otherwise.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Forum Member

Bashing the NFL's top defense...? Steeler's defense is less physical??? How much fact do you have to back that up?
    Here... I'll contribute... and prove you wrong.

Steelers - 12-4(overall) 6-2(home) 6-2(road) 6-0(div)
    Arizona - 9-7(overall) 6-2(home) 3-5(road) 6-0(div)
    http://www.nfl.com/standings

Arizona lost to the Pats 47-7.
    Steelers beat the Pats 33-10.

Steelers - #1 Pass Defense (http://steelers.com/team/stats/202240)
    Arizona - #2 Pass Offense (http://steelers.com/team/stats/200960)
    Steelers - #2 Rushing Defense (http://steelers.com/team/stats/201984)
    Arizona - #32 Rushing Offense (http://steelers.com/team/stats/201216)

Total Defense
    Steelers - #1 (http://steelers.com/team/stats/202496)
    Arizona - #19

Total Offense
    Steelers - #20 (http://steelers.com/team/stats/200192)
    Arizona - #4

The Steelers have and have had the NFL's best defense against both the run AND the passing game.
    (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...l-replay_N.htm)

Not to mention the Steelers' LB James Harrison was the AP's Defensive Player of the Year - guess that doesn't mean much, though.
    Last edited by RFxplr326; 02-01-2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Oh... and the birds will fly high???
    I know some hunters from Pittsburgh - my cousins and uncles an their friends actually - that can stop that one.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZERVtF4xvA

Greatest Moments in Pittsburgh sports...
    for the all-around Steel City sports fans
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6sGsofsy5U

I know this one's old... And Joey Porter is one hell of a ***** talker, but this is pretty funny.
    Who dey?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq51T...eature=related

Mr. Rooney wants one for the OTHER thumb...
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Not to mention the Steelers' LB Marvin Harrison was the AP's Defensive Player of the Year - guess that doesn't mean much, though.
    When did Marvin Harrison start playing for the steelers? And when did he start playing defense?

Banned

The Steelers defense is built on stopping the run first, then the air attack. The Cardinals offense is built on the air attack, and the run is secondary. The two teams are exact opposites. The cards beat an exact copy of the Steelers when they took down the Eagles.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LTVFD5 View Post
    When did Marvin Harrison start playing for the steelers? And when did he start playing defense?
    DOH!?!?
    It's James.

I'm a f*ckin tard!
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    you didnt take into the fact that chuck norris is still alive.

Forum Member

I am going to have to root for the Cardinals.

#1- I was born in Cleveland and it is not in my DNA to ever root for the Steelers. NO how, NO way.

#2- Last year, I adopted a Dalmatian that was born in Mesa, Arizona from a rescue group. See my avatar for her picture.

Forum Member

Angry

Steelers win.
    IACOJ member.

Forum Member

What a game... Easily one of the best games I've ever watched. It was tense and exciting.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

When aske about his expectations of this superbowl team...
    "This group of young players are just marvelous. I can't say enough about them. We had the toughest schedule in the league. They kept going under Mike Tomlin's direction and it was great. I would just like to thank President Obama and all the Steeler Nation for supporting us on through the year. And it's really terrific."
    When asked about there being room in the trophy case for the 6th trophy and for being the most winningest Superbowl franchise in NFL history...
    "We'll make room"
    -Dan Rooney

"I'm also the most-blessed coach to work with our staff and this group of men. I can not say enough about what these guys are willing to do for one-another and for you out there - Steeler Nation."
    When asked about being in over his head steping the shoes left behind by Bill Cower...
    "I had great beliefs in the Rooney's and their decision-making. They know what they're doing. My confort rested in their decision-making. All I wanted to do was prove them right."
    Whe asked what he was think when Fitzgerald took off for the end zone...
    "If they were going to score, that's how you wanted them to score - Quickly. This has been our story all year long. Steeler football is 60 minutes. It's never gona be pretty." "But these guys will fight to the end! And I take my hat off to ya and I congratulate every last one of ya!"
    -Mike Tomlin
    Youngest coach in NFL history to win a superbowl.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Fantastic game! Everybody brought their "A" game. Congrats to the Cards (Pittsburgh West ) for a good season and amazing playoff run. Pittsburgh Steelers, Super Bowl Champions. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it!

Can't wait for next season.
    I.A.C.O.J.

Thread Information