Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Anyone know about EMS in the Cayman Islands

I'm looking for info about EMS in the Cayman Islands.

I Googled it and the only thing worthwhile was an old (2006) negative blog whose author has a dead email link.

Default To answer your question re EMT jobs in Cayman

A friend of mine is a nurse in Cayman and I've inquired about openings there, and she told me the Director of EMS was on vacation. Same s***, different day if I'm being honest.
    I'm from Cayman and had to go off island for training. I couldn't even get CPR certified there!
    Making a long story short, there are probably jobs available...getting in touch with the right people is going to be your biggest problem I'm afraid.
    Starting pay for EMTs averages $35K C.I. (about $40K USD).
    I'd like to get a job there over the summer (I'm continuing with training as a Paramedic in Aug), but I'm not having any luck getting in touch with the necessary people.
    Be warned: Cayman is REALLY expensive. For a decent apartment, be prepared to spend at least $1000/mth.
    I came across that same blog as well. While some of what he/she said angered me, some of his/her complaints were not completely unfounded. I can't speak about any of the ER staff, except my friend (who's a great nurse!)
    I hope that blog didn't turn you off from considering working in Cayman. Try to google "HSA of Cayman" or find the Cayman Islands Hospital and search there for contact info. Hope it helps. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMTChelsea View Post
    A friend of mine is a nurse in Cayman and I've inquired about openings there, and she told me the Director of EMS was on vacation. Same s***, different day if I'm being honest.
    I'm from Cayman and had to go off island for training. I couldn't even get CPR certified there!
    Making a long story short, there are probably jobs available...getting in touch with the right people is going to be your biggest problem I'm afraid.
    Starting pay for EMTs averages $35K C.I. (about $40K USD).
    I'd like to get a job there over the summer (I'm continuing with training as a Paramedic in Aug), but I'm not having any luck getting in touch with the necessary people.
    Be warned: Cayman is REALLY expensive. For a decent apartment, be prepared to spend at least $1000/mth.
    I came across that same blog as well. While some of what he/she said angered me, some of his/her complaints were not completely unfounded. I can't speak about any of the ER staff, except my friend (who's a great nurse!)
    I hope that blog didn't turn you off from considering working in Cayman. Try to google "HSA of Cayman" or find the Cayman Islands Hospital and search there for contact info. Hope it helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't be ready to go for a few years. Just getting ideas lined up right now.

You are Caymanian, correct? Where are you now?

Thread Information