MembersZone Subscriber

Default New Guy from PA, saying hi and some questions

Im very interested in becoming a Fire Fighter. I have been out of the Marine Corp for about a year now and am really looking forward to stepping into another career like a firefighter. Thought I would come on here and get some information.

I do have a serious question though before I get to excited about persuing this career choice.

I was going to go apply to York Fire Department today since they opened up for testing agian. Sadly the other night I was in front of my house and got arrested for DUI. Im talking to lawyers now and looks like i can get it expunged without a problem just going to take some time. Because I have never had any kind of driving problem in the past even the officer that arrested me told me I could apply for ADR and get it expunged.

I have a perfect record except for this one incident that was obviously a poor decision to make. Will this ruin my chances of becoming a firefighter?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Saharicon View Post
    Im very interested in becoming a Fire Fighter. I have been out of the Marine Corp for about a year now and am really looking forward to stepping into another career like a firefighter. Thought I would come on here and get some information.

I do have a serious question though before I get to excited about persuing this career choice.

I was going to go apply to York Fire Department today since they opened up for testing agian. Sadly the other night I was in front of my house and got arrested for DUI. Im talking to lawyers now and looks like i can get it expunged without a problem just going to take some time. Because I have never had any kind of driving problem in the past even the officer that arrested me told me I could apply for ADR and get it expunged.

I have a perfect record except for this one incident that was obviously a poor decision to make. Will this ruin my chances of becoming a firefighter?
    I'm not trying to be an *** but more than likely it probably will. The reason why I say that is because if you think it's expunged and don't claim it on the application then you'd be lying. But then if you claim it and if York has a strict driving record policy(i.e. like no dui's in the past 5 years) then you'd be screwed. Also I guess it depends on how fast it will be off your record and how deep York will dig for things.

Jim

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fyrfyter414 View Post
    I'm not trying to be an *** but more than likely it probably will. The reason why I say that is because if you think it's expunged and don't claim it on the application then you'd be lying. But then if you claim it and if York has a strict driving record policy(i.e. like no dui's in the past 5 years) then you'd be screwed. Also I guess it depends on how fast it will be off your record and how deep York will dig for things.

Jim

I dont think anyone is being an ***... this is something I really want to do so Im trying to get lots of information on the situation.

I know the officer told me if I did this ARP thing and because I have a perfect driving record it could be off my record in 6 months. I would obviously put it on my application so it doesnt look like im trying to hide anything.

thanks though

Thread Information