Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Reporting Software

Other then the all popular and overrated, IMHO, firehouse software...what else is there? My volunteer service is looking to go to electronic reporting and need a little guidance...Has anyone use emergencyreporting.com ? We do not need anything fancy, but I would prefer to be able to customize fields and small things like that. Thanks

What are your issues with Firehouse?
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

We use Fire Programs.

Banned

Check the requirements of the agency you report to. Also your state office should have a list as well. I would also check with your county as well as other departments in the area to see what they are using. Have other people in the area using the same software is a big advantage.

That said we use RedAlert

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    What are your issues with Firehouse?
    I use Firehouse at my paid gig and it is more then what we need, it is always crashing, etc...Also, the price is WAY too high...We are looking at web-based stuff right now...less maintenance and stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Check the requirements of the agency you report to. Also your state office should have a list as well. I would also check with your county as well as other departments in the area to see what they are using. Have other people in the area using the same software is a big advantage.

That said we use RedAlert
    There are very few requirements...We do paper reports now, that inlcude only Nature, Location, Equipment, Personnel, Narrative.

Forum Member

Zoll Data Systems has a program available.

WebCur

MedMedia

We have been using Vision Air ( http://www.visionair.com/ ) for 7 years now. They have several different produces. I am not sure if they have one that would be in your price range.

Also, you can't beat the price of the Federal Client Reporting Tool. Free
    DixieFire53, Deputy Fire Chief FF/EMT-P, Local 272

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CptBullFrog View Post
    There are very few requirements...We do paper reports now, that inlcude only Nature, Location, Equipment, Personnel, Narrative.
    It would seem prudent to get a system that would allow you to meet the NFIRs requirements and open you up to the possibility of AFG's?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    It would seem prudent to get a system that would allow you to meet the NFIRs requirements and open you up to the possibility of AFG's?
    I agree and we are looking into that...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Image Trend

We are a small combo department that is implementing Image Trend's program as I type this.

We looked at a lot of different programs and decided this one was our second choice. We went with Image Trend because what we liked more about our first choice was not worth the extra cost (20,000 vs 4,000).

I cannot tell you how it works in the field yet, but if your on a budget they seem like a very good option. Also, If your not on a budget check out High Plains. They are a smaller company local to us that has a very good product. It was just a little expensive for us.

MembersZone Subscriber

Are you even using NFIRS? That might be a place to start. It's free and it's required for AFG applicants. Plus, most (if not all) of the other software is NFIRS based, you're just getting a different layout and look, maybe a few features (pre-plans, inventory, etc.).

Forum Member

We run about 250 calls a year and use Nfirsonline.com cost is about 350.00 for up to 400calls. Software complies with are state and Fed reporting.

We use Fire Station

www.firestationsoftware.com

Forum Member

We are fortunate enough to be able to take advantage of a free online reporting system. It's a version of Firehouse Software. It's called firehouse.net, sponsored by the office of the state fire commissioner. It's PennFIRS and NFIRs compliant. All of our reports are exported to PennFirs and NFIRS automatically.

Has anyone made a droid app to do NFIRS? Or all the same things that the popular station management programs do?

Forum Member

The Marine Corps is currently using the Emergency Reporting software and we love it. Very user friendly and great customer support. I would atleast take a look at this company.

Forum Member

I agree with what a couple others have said, check out NFIRS on the FEMA website. It's a free service. We used it until our State implemented a free program from Fire Bridge. NFIRS is very, very basic but it gets the job done.

Thread Information