Permanently Removed

Default Yes...I have failed...

...and I've done it often.

Now that I got your attention- If youre here, youre some how connected to the fire service. Whether youre Paid, Volunteer, PCF, POC, Explorer or in a support position- sometime in your life and career your going to fail.

The point to all of this is failing could be a building block, starting point or mid-way point. Honda just came out with this short video and if you know me here, I like to think about the fire service outside the box. If you dont, you could become roadkill or find yourself trying to catch up to the pack.

Anyways, I will be sharing this short film with my students in the future. If you like auto racing or Danika Patrick , then you might enjoy it too.

Failure- The Secret to Success.

Bou
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 01-21-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Forum Member

Really good video!! Thanks for sharing. I am definately going to use that.
    Knowledge is the difference between KNOWING and GUESSING

"You guys are good, but you'll never invent anything-it's all been done before."

FF/EMT-IV (medic in training)

MembersZone Subscriber

Excellent video. If only we could all learn from our mistakes.

Forum Member

Thanks, Bou...

I have an inspiration for a new signature.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Great video ! ! !
    Thanks for that, My kids are going to sit down with me and watch it when they get home from school.

Thanks.

Forum Member

Im proud to be a failure.
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

That is really cool!!! I'm going to show that in my classes now too.

Thanks for sharing Bou.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

The Japanese have always been inovators for inspirational and leadership motivation. This is a very good example of that. Thanks Brett.

Side note:

But the Williams-Honda domination was nothing compared to what was coming. In 1988 McLaren's Prost and Senna blitzed the opposition - winning 15 of 16 races in their McLaren-Hondas. The only failure to win came at Monza where Senna was headed for victory when he stumbled upon the Williams of Grand Prix debutante Jean-Louis Schlesser, nephew of Jo Schlesser. There was a misunderstanding and Senna went off. Honda's clean sweep of the World Championship was ruined . Senna won the title. The following year the two drivers fell out but the McLaren-Honda combination continued to dominated, winning 10 victories. A frustrated Prost rammed Senna off the track at Suzuka to win the title. He left the team at the end of the year.

In 1990 Senna won as he pleased and he did the same in 1991.

The success in F1 had propelled another of Honda's racing engineers to the top of the company but Nobuhiko Kawamoto realized that the company could no longer afford the F1 program as stiff competition and a strong yen were hurting sales. At the end of 1992 Honda pulled out of F1.

In 1998 Kawamoto gave the go-ahead for Honda to return to F1 with a complete team. A factory was established under Harvey Postlethwaite in England and Dallara in Italy built the prototype cars. As this was happening Kawamoto was ousted in a power struggle and, under pressure from the American Honda Motor company - which wanted nothing to do with an F1 program - the new chief executive Hiroyuki Yoshino - the first non-racer to run the company - decided to switch to British American Racing in 2000. This was not a big success and Honda then decided to expand the factory engine supply to Jordan but in the middle of 2002 that decision was changed and it was announced that Jordan would no longer get Honda engines and that the Japanese would be concentrating on BAR for the future.

Found at: www.grandprix.com/gpe/eng-honda.html

MembersZone Subscriber

Outstanding video Bou. I have heard the bit at the end about Edison a few times and in fact as soon as the video started, that was the first thought that came to my mind and when I saw it at the end it made me smile a wee bit. Thanks for the mental boost and the reminder.

Forum Member

yes but have you failed like this???

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RIDE AMERICAN LACHANCE

oh and this was during the fires in socal

hah sorry about the huge pic post.

Permanently Removed

LOL- The OCFA brother from my former department is pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Similar situation:

Blowout Remorse: Team Apologizes for 100-0 Win

School calls victory "shameful" By SCOTT GORDON

Updated 7:33 AM EST, Fri, Jan 23, 2009

"We don't play to win, we play to have fun," one player for Dallas Academy said. The team lost to The Covenant School 100-0 last week.

A Dallas school whose girls basketball team beat another team, 100-0, has apologized, calling its win "shameful" and "a victory without honor."

Watch VideoA Dallas school whose girls basketball team beat another team 100-0 has apologized.

Blowout Remorse: Team Seeks Forfeit of 100-0 Win

The Covenant School of Dallas also has asked to forfeit the Jan. 13 game against Dallas Academy.

The Dallas Academy's athletic director, Jeremy Civello, said The Covenant team kept its first-string players in the game almost until the end and didn't let up until the 100th point in the fourth quarter.

"They were a very good team," Civello said. "Whether they were intentially running up the score, I couldn't answer that."

A parent who attended the game praised the Covenant players, but said spectators and an assistant coach were cheering wildly as their team edged closer to 100 points.

"I do think they ran up the score," said Renee Peloza, whose daughter plays for Dallas Academy. "I think the bad judgment was in the full-court press and the 3-point shots."

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences" such as short attention spans or dyslexia.

There is no mercy rule in girls basketball that shortens the game or permits the clock to continue running when scores become lopsided.

There is, however, "a golden rule" that should have applied in this contest, said Edd Burleson, the director of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, which oversees private school athletics in Texas.

In a statement on its Web site, the board chair and head of The Covenant School said it formally apologized to the other school after the story first appeared in the Dallas Morning News on Thursday morning.

"It is shameful and an embarrassment that this happened," the statement said. "We humbly apologize."

In asking to forfeit the game, the elite north Dallas Christian school also said, "A victory without honor is a great loss."

Jim Richardson, headmaster at the Dallas Academy, said he accepts the apology and that the two schools remain friends.

At a shootaround Thursday, several Dallas Academy players said they were frustrated during the game but felt it was a learning opportunity.

"We don't play to win, we play to have fun," said Lauren Click, a junior on the team. "I was pretty relieved the game was over."

Team members also said they are excited about some of the attention they are receiving from the loss, including an invitation from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to see an NBA game from his suite.

"Even if you are losing, you might as well keep playing," said Shelby Hyatt, a freshman on the team. "Keep trying, and it's going to be OK."

Copyright Associated Press / NBC Washington

Permanently Removed

Bump for the new people.

Forum Member
    A Great place USA, which means not West Coast...!

great video
    FDNY 343 9/11/01 WILL Never Forget!

(W-6)

"We Lucky Few We Band of Brothers." William Shakespeare

"let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down. "

D-P-T

Thread Information