Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 937
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Just be funny!

  1. #641
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    You could spin that 100 different ways. And I would watch all of them.

    Good Night Chesty Puller..... wherever you are!!!

    FM1
    My nieceling probably makes him roll over in his grave when she recites,"This is my bassoon.There are many like it but this one is mine..."

    And don't you think R.Lee Ermey was having entirely too much fun doing that scene?
    BTW,"The Siege at Firebase Gloria" was on "This" the other night.I'd never watched in one sitting before.
    Last edited by doughesson; 09-04-2010 at 12:32 PM.


  2. #642
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Remember this, on your next birthday.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  3. #643
    Forum Member Jonnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Remember this, on your next birthday.....
    He sure don't have long on this earth!!

  4. #644
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee
    He sure don't have long on this earth!!
    Neither do WE !!!


    .
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  5. #645
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Neither do WE !!!


    .


    Make the best you can, each day!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  6. #646
    Forum Member mtg55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,313

    Exclamation To Arms! To Arms!

    TRENTON — Several senior citizens were trapped in elevators and dozens more had their health compromised when a squirrel sparked a 50-minute power outage at the Josephson and Abbott senior-living complexes in the West Ward on Sunday morning, officials said.

    The senior high-rises went dark about 8 a.m. and ignited hysteria within the apartments, both of which have “numerous occupants” who depend on home oxygen tanks, according Battalion Chief Richard Seeds of the Trenton Fire Department, who said the incident “caused problems with oxygen.”

    Realizing the urgency of the situation, a fleet of city firefighters arrived on the scene within two minutes of being dispatched to deal with the emergency, Seeds said. He added, “It was a pretty large undertaking considering the amount of people who occupy both buildings.”

    The Louis Josephson Apartments at 237 Oakland St. houses 120 senior residents, and the James J. Abbott Apartments at 490 Hoffman Ave. houses 79 seniors, according to the Trenton Housing Authority, which runs the complexes.

    The fire department deployed three fire engines, two fire truck ladders and a rescue crew and utilized the leadership of two battalion chiefs to command the operations, Seeds said.

    PSEG crews also arrived on the scene in quick fashion and restored the power at about 8:50 a.m., officials said.

    PSEG spokesperson Amy Martin confirmed a squirrel was responsible for disrupting the power supply to both high-rises, but she said she didn’t know what exactly the squirrel did to cause the fuse to blow.

    Seeds said every resident who was trapped in an elevator was removed without incident.

    He also said he had no reports on anyone being injured or hospitalized as a result of the power outage.

    Yesterday, a security official at Abbott told The Trentonian “everybody is fine.” The newspaper couldn’t reach any officials at Josephson for comment yesterday.
    Matt G.
    Battalion Chief
    IACOJ-Member
    FTM-PTB

  7. #647
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Taliban vs. U.S. Marines

    A large group of Taliban soldiers are moving down a road when they
    hear a voice call from behind a sand-dune.

    "One U.S. Marine is better than ten Taliban."

    The Taliban commander quickly sends 10 of his best soldiers over the
    dune where upon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few
    minutes,then silence.

    The voice then calls out, "One U.S. Marine is better than a hundred
    Taliban soldiers."

    Furious, the Taliban commander sends his next best 100 troops over
    the dune and instantly a huge gunfight commences. After 10 minutes of
    battle, again silence.

    The voice calls out, "One U.S. Marine is better than one thousand
    Taliban".

    The enraged Taliban Commander musters a thousand fighters and sends
    them over the dune. Cannon, rocket and machine gun fire rings out as a
    huge battle is fought. Then silence.

    Finally one wounded Taliban fighter crawls back over the dune and
    with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men,
    its a trap.

    There's two of them."

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  8. #648
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    On one of his trips to Afghanistan,George Bush went walking alone and found a lamp.Curious to see what would happen,he began to rub it,whereupon a puff of smoke appears to him.
    The smoke took the form of a genie who granted ol' George three wishes.
    The first was "I wish I could meet with Osama bin Laden so's we could hash this out once and for all."
    The genie said,"If you so wish,but I will have to give him three wishes as well and I cannot control what he will wish for any more than I can control your wishes." to which Bush agrees,saying" I just want to avoid further conflict between us."
    Poof!Osama bin Laden appears.
    Finding out that he has three wishes that George Bush cannot control,bin Laden immediately says,"I do not want to talk with infidels.I wish that Muslims had a place where we did not have to deal with infidels.I wish that it be surrounded by mountains that no man can surmount and bother us.Finally,I wish that strict Sharia law be in force at all times in this place."
    The genie says,"It is done" and Osama bin Laden disappears.
    Suddenly,one of the military aides appears and tells President Bush that there has appeared a new mountain range surrounding the whole of Afghanistan,units stationed there suddenly reappeared safely back at their parent bases and that satellite surveillance cannot penetrate what is behind it,even from overhead but the naked human eye can detect mountains and plains behind the mountain range.
    President Bush dismisses the officer,turns to the genie and asks,"Is this what Mr bin Laden asked for?" and is told that yes,indeed it is.
    Mr. Bush then says"Can you tell me about it?" and the genie says,"It will cost you a wish but yes,I can.The mountains cannot be scaled by infidels but those of the Faith can.There are mountains,plains and plenty of water for crops and Sharia law is in effect at all times.Infidels and Muslims will be kept seperate by this mountain range surrounding them."
    Mr. Bush then says,"Well,if nothing can get in or out of there,my last wish is that you fill that valley up with water."
    Last edited by doughesson; 09-08-2010 at 01:14 PM.

  9. #649
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Ooorah! "Lemme see your warface!'AHHHH!" "That's a warface!"

    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    Taliban vs. U.S. Marines

    A large group of Taliban soldiers are moving down a road when they
    hear a voice call from behind a sand-dune.

    "One U.S. Marine is better than ten Taliban."

    The Taliban commander quickly sends 10 of his best soldiers over the
    dune where upon a gun-battle breaks out and continues for a few
    minutes,then silence.

    The voice then calls out, "One U.S. Marine is better than a hundred
    Taliban soldiers."

    Furious, the Taliban commander sends his next best 100 troops over
    the dune and instantly a huge gunfight commences. After 10 minutes of
    battle, again silence.

    The voice calls out, "One U.S. Marine is better than one thousand
    Taliban".

    The enraged Taliban Commander musters a thousand fighters and sends
    them over the dune. Cannon, rocket and machine gun fire rings out as a
    huge battle is fought. Then silence.

    Finally one wounded Taliban fighter crawls back over the dune and
    with his dying words tells his commander, "Don't send any more men,
    its a trap.

    There's two of them."

    FM1

  10. #650
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    Just a little squrrilly guy...

    `
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 07-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  11. #651
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    Modern day high school exam....

    `
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 07-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  12. #652
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    The wife and I's last flight.....

    Our flight was being served by an obviously 'camp' flight attendant,
    who seemed to put everyone in a good mood as he served us food and drinks.

    As the plane prepared to descend, he came swishing down the aisle
    and told us that "Captain Marvey has asked him to announce that
    he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, so lovely people, if you could
    Just put your trays up, that would be super."

    On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed this well-dressed and rather Arabic looking woman hadn't moved a muscle.
    "Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines,
    but I asked you to raise your trazy-poo, so the main man can
    Pitty-pat us on the ground."

    She calmly turned her head and said, "In my country, I am called a
    Princess and I take orders from no one."
    To which (I swear) the flight attendant replied, without missing a beat,
    "Well, sweet-cheeks, in my country I'm called a Queen, so I outrank you...

    ...Tray-up, B*tch!!"

    FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  13. #653
    Forum Member firecat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Betwixt here and there.
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    Now THAT just cost you a keyboard and monitor 'cause I laughed so hard, my Earl Grey just got spewed all over the place.

  14. #654
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Tennessee squirrel season opened up this past Saturday.
    Take two squirrels,skin them,dust in flour,brown in butter with chopped onion and de-bone,mix together with 2 cups of rice,1 can each of cream of mushroom and chicken soups,add 1 2/3 cups of water,sprinkle 1 envelope of oinion soup mix over the top and bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours.Yum yum!(you could use chicken if you missed,though. ;D )
    I used to work at a local towboat company where if the office lights were off and the computer back up power sources were beeping,you did NOT accept the dispatcher's offer of "free range fried chicken".
    Usually,the aforementioned conditions meant that the crows that would feed off spilled corn from the neighboring corn milling facility had shorted out the power transformer coming down the hill.
    We had to accept such working conditions after people complained about towboaters walking around that dock with shotguns reducing the crow herd.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtg55 View Post
    TRENTON — Several senior citizens were trapped in elevators and dozens more had their health compromised when a squirrel sparked a 50-minute power outage at the Josephson and Abbott senior-living complexes in the West Ward on Sunday morning, officials said.

    The senior high-rises went dark about 8 a.m. and ignited hysteria within the apartments, both of which have “numerous occupants” who depend on home oxygen tanks, according Battalion Chief Richard Seeds of the Trenton Fire Department, who said the incident “caused problems with oxygen.”

    Realizing the urgency of the situation, a fleet of city firefighters arrived on the scene within two minutes of being dispatched to deal with the emergency, Seeds said. He added, “It was a pretty large undertaking considering the amount of people who occupy both buildings.”

    The Louis Josephson Apartments at 237 Oakland St. houses 120 senior residents, and the James J. Abbott Apartments at 490 Hoffman Ave. houses 79 seniors, according to the Trenton Housing Authority, which runs the complexes.

    The fire department deployed three fire engines, two fire truck ladders and a rescue crew and utilized the leadership of two battalion chiefs to command the operations, Seeds said.

    PSEG crews also arrived on the scene in quick fashion and restored the power at about 8:50 a.m., officials said.

    PSEG spokesperson Amy Martin confirmed a squirrel was responsible for disrupting the power supply to both high-rises, but she said she didn’t know what exactly the squirrel did to cause the fuse to blow.

    Seeds said every resident who was trapped in an elevator was removed without incident.

    He also said he had no reports on anyone being injured or hospitalized as a result of the power outage.

    Yesterday, a security official at Abbott told The Trentonian “everybody is fine.” The newspaper couldn’t reach any officials at Josephson for comment yesterday.
    Last edited by doughesson; 09-22-2010 at 10:56 AM.

  15. #655
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Just a little squrrilly guy...

    `
    Reminds me of the old Michelob commercials where the guys were out ski-ing and one was tired and wanted to rest.
    "C'mon,Bob,you can make it.In a bit,we'll be back at the lodoge drinking beer."
    Bob:"Nah,you go on.I'll rest here and come in later."
    Buddy:"C'mon,Bob,in a little bit,I'll have you back at the lodge drinking a Michelob."
    Bob would lunge up and start ski-ing like a Gold Medal was at stake.
    Can you say, "pathetic alcoholic"?

  16. #656
    Forum Member FIREMECH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    HUSKER LAND
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    Can you say, "pathetic alcoholic"?
    One of the Bob's I work with will beat down a forest to get to one of the micro-brew establishments. Problem is after he gets there. He will only drink 2 beers of the same brew, and take an hour and a half to 2 hours to finish them, and then he is done for the night.

    He treats these beers as a wine connoisseur would wine.

    FM1

    @ Firecat... Sorry about the monitor and keyboard. Tray UP!!!
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

  17. #657
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    There was a guy I knew in the Navy(we'll call him "Bob"-he couldn't swim a lick,either) who,within a couple days after reporting aboard,had found out one of the bars in Charleston had a $5 All-You-Can-Drink Night.
    When he finally turned 21 and could legally get in,"Bob" went and was carried out by the Shore Patrol for getting belligerent(sp?).
    At Morning Quarters,he was still hurting but apparently bragging up what a great time he'd had that night.
    I was Messenger of the Watch when "Bob" was brought aboard to be logged in as "Drunk and Dirty" and had heard the SPs report to the Officer of the Deck on what he'd done,including how much the bartender said he'd had to drink.
    When "Bob" started spouting off about what a great place it was,and how cheap you could get skunk drunk,I piped up and said "Boy,that sure was an expensive can of beer,warn't it?"
    Believe me,later on,it did get rather costly for him.Two weeks restriction and extra duty and forfeiture of half a month's pay was the sentence meted out at Captain's Mast.
    That was his only punishment though these were the waning days when "Working Alcoholic" was a synonym for "Active Duty Sailor".


    Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    One of the Bob's I work with will beat down a forest to get to one of the micro-brew establishments. Problem is after he gets there. He will only drink 2 beers of the same brew, and take an hour and a half to 2 hours to finish them, and then he is done for the night.

    He treats these beers as a wine connoisseur would wine.

    FM1

    @ Firecat... Sorry about the monitor and keyboard. Tray UP!!!

  18. #658
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    Why some people should NOT have children!!
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 07-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  19. #659
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    I am not sure what this kid will learn from this video, except that maybe that mommie was the feature star!!!



    `
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 07-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  20. #660
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    Ummm, could this be someone that we all know in here, showing their daughter how to use a weapon??





    naw I don't think so.
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 07-08-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Funny Ad in FHM
    By DFW333 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 10:08 AM
  2. Well I think its funny
    By protomkv in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 02:38 PM
  3. This is funny..do men really think this way?
    By JenniJ375 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 09:55 PM
  4. Too Funny
    By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 05:25 PM
  5. Funny Pic
    By hickman1698 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts