Thread: Simulator 6

Forum Member

Lightbulb Simulator 6

Do any of you have experience with the free training simulator Simulator 6 Expanded from ESIS? I've downloaded the free version and was happy, so I purchased the expanded version but I'm now having problems. I've tried reaching them, but have only been able to make contact with them once. If you have experience, this is where I need help:

1. When I downloaded the expanded version, should have I uninstalled the free version or do they work together?

2. Since downloading & purchasing the expanded version, I can't do anything without receiving "Director Player Error" "Script Error - Continue? yes or no. If I click yes, the error shows over and over. If I click no, it shuts down the program.

Any assistance with this would be very much appreciated!

Forum Member

is there a link to whatever it is youre trying to fix? sounds interesting...

Forum Member

Yes...this should take you to the main page. It's a wonderful program and I've heard that many depts have used it without issues, but I'm getting an error and can't figure out how to correct it. Unfortunately for me, making contact with them has been extremely difficult. I've only been able to speak with someone one time and that was before we purchased the expanded version.

http://www.firesimulator.com

Forum Member

sounds kind of like a scam to me if you paid the money then cant get ahold of them.

Forum Member

I have the free version but I am unable to get the program running. I keep getting an error message. I though about trying the expanded version. Have you had any luck yet?

Forum Member

I can't get Sim 6 to work either. I called the company and they said it won't work on Vista. WOW, no surprise there. But I tried it on an older computer and it still won't work.

anyone have any ideas??

Larry

Forum Member

Hey, sorry I haven't been on in a couple of weeks. I never did get a response from the company. I left pleading VM's and sent pleading EM's, but no response, so I requested a credit on my card and it was posted earlier this week.

The free version does work for us, but I had to have help before I could make it work. We have assessments coming up in a couple of weeks, so we'll use the free version at that time. I'm pretty sure we'll be looking for another program in the near future. I guess if it sounds too good to be true.....yada yada yada!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BENV17 View Post
    I can't get Sim 6 to work either. I called the company and they said it won't work on Vista. WOW, no surprise there. But I tried it on an older computer and it still won't work.

anyone have any ideas??

Larry
    buy a supercomputer

Forum Member

Anybody have the file downloaded that they could send me? I had it, work upgraded all the laptops and didn't transfer the program. Went to ESIS and the download page does not exist... Wanted to use it Monday night for drill but just remembered it was on the old laptop... Any help appreciated!

Thread Information