Thread: Idea's?

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Idea's?

I am an Explorer Post President in Massachusetts. I aws just looking for some ideas about SOP's(Because im writing our right now), and any ideas about anything really, any thing or idea that has improved your post. FYI, we have seven members in a very small town, and have been a post for 10 Months now.

Thank You!

Forum Member

could you show us what you have so far?
    Last edited by bharer75; 01-28-2009 at 10:17 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry I only have a written version so far. Basically what I have is the Mission Statement, Attendance, Dress Codes, Training, Fire Gear Assignment/Use, General Information, Post Requirements, etc.

Thank You!

Forum Member

mabye get a set of "Unwritten Rules"

MembersZone Subscriber

What Im saying is I have not typed it yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shawme184 View Post
    What Im saying is I have not typed it yet.
    yes i copied that... thats irrelevent to what I just said

Forum Member

How about we use English so we can all understand what it is that you want to know...? May be hard to grasp, but this isn't AIM or Yahoo Messenger. This is the fire service - a professional organization. Use proper English, to the best of your ability and make yourself come across more professionally and you'll get better answers and not a bunch of smart@ss comments...
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    How about we use English so we can all understand what it is that you want to know...? May be hard to grasp, but this isn't AIM or Yahoo Messenger. This is the fire service - a professional organization. Use proper English, to the best of your ability and make yourself come across more professionally and you'll get better answers and not a bunch of smart@ss comments...

I would like to second this motion.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

I Believe I was using English. I was just looking for some advice but if you are going to be like that, then I dont need it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just read a thread, and you wrote ''LMFAO... Sorry Jake '', so I would not be the one to talk if I were you. Now that looks like AIM or Yahoo Messenger talk to me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Email me at dickeydo@charter.net for a copy of our SOG.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shawme184 View Post
    I just read a thread, and you wrote ''LMFAO... Sorry Jake '', so I would not be the one to talk if I were you. Now that looks like AIM or Yahoo Messenger talk to me.
    That would be an acronym since there isnt supposed to be any "swear words" on these boards.

And also, you havent been around her elong, but Kyle (Rfxplr326) is a pretty well respected member of these forums and when you start attacking a respected member of the forums and have less than 10 posts yourself, it might be hard to get some respect.

So please, keep your opinions about other posters to yourself. You obviously haven't been around long enough to see that many people use "LMFAO" but what Kyle meant was if you use proper grammar and punctuation it is much eaiser for people to understand you.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    That would be an acronym since there isnt supposed to be any "swear words" on these boards.

And also, you havent been around her elong, but Kyle (Rfxplr326) is a pretty well respected member of these forums and when you start attacking a respected member of the forums and have less than 10 posts yourself, it might be hard to get some respect.

So please, keep your opinions about other posters to yourself. You obviously haven't been around long enough to see that many people use "LMFAO" but what Kyle meant was if you use proper grammar and punctuation it is much eaiser for people to understand you.
    Amen Brother.

Shawme - Check out all 1,200 of my posts (Since Nov. 2006?). Please tell me how many threads I talked like that in or how many posts I have that I talk like that in...? Otherwise, I don't know what else to tell you because Jake already took care of the rest.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think members shouldn't be judged on how many forum posts you have, members should be judged on time in the Fire Service, rank, and knowledge of the Fire Service.
    Last edited by shawme184; 01-30-2009 at 04:10 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post

Keep my opinions to myself? I refuse to keep my opinions to myself if a Member decides to disrespect me.

Forum Member

I agree that posters should not be respected due to their post counts, that is why I didn't mention it. Kyle also wasn't bragging about his post count, he simply invited you to look through his posts and see that he isnt disrespectful. Usually if someone has a pretty high post o**** on these forums or have been around for a while they are pretty respected. Kyle is an extremely knowlegable explorer who will make one hell of a firefighter in a few months. He is always respectful to people on here and it wasnt very mature of you to come on here and attack him.

You must not have read my post because I simply said keep your opinions to yourself about other posters. This website if full of people with opinions. If people didnt post their opinions, the only threads would be from MahalatTwoSeven and his quirky news stories. (not that it would be a bad thing! )

Forum Member

Jake covered it all well.
    (Thanks for the kind words, sir, by the way.)

OP - I was in no way saying that my post count took precedent over anything. Like Jake explained, I'm inviting you to check through my posts to tell me where I didn't use normal language, other than "LOL" and "LMFAO". Yes, there's been some threads that I was disrespectful in and said some things I shouldn't have said, but I've matured more and I've become more knowlegable since then. Keep opinions to yourself of other posters not only shows that your professional, but it shows a sense of maturity in a person - they they have thick skin and look past what people say about them OVER THE INTERNET. Arguments/Discussions/Disagreements aren't wrong to have, don't get me wrong - it's when people blow things out of proportion.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

The bromance between you two is rediculous at times.

Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    The bromance between you two is rediculous at times.

He's had a man crush on me since he laid eyes on me. Hey, its genetics, I couldn't help it.

And besides, I constantly give him so much ***** that I A) need to keep other people from doing my job and B) need to give the kid a little glimmer of hope that he might just have a friend out there.

Thread Information