MembersZone Subscriber

When she pulls Slugger out of the closet, my hope is that one of us is heading south!!

This has been fun, but we've hijacked anhoard's SCBA thread. (Vaughn's fault for sure!!) Was he able to contact Kurt or McNeill before we started downhill???

earl

SCBA content--Six kids and two adults on the bench seat of an F-100 after the DAV's chili cook-off is a reason to privately own SCBA's.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    When she pulls Slugger out of the closet, my hope is that one of us is heading south!!

This has been fun, but we've hijacked anhoard's SCBA thread. (Vaughn's fault for sure!!) Was he able to contact Kurt or McNeill before we started downhill???

earl

SCBA content--Six kids and two adults on the bench seat of an F-100 after the DAV's chili cook-off is a reason to privately own SCBA's.
    I haven't spoken to him yet. West TN got quite a bit of ice yesterday and I am sure he is busy with that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Check here:
    http://www.firegraphics.org/SampleEquip.htm

I can still pull the narritave off the AFG site from my VFD's 2002 grant if you'd like that as well.

If so - e-mail me through my profile and I'll get back to you.

Good luck with the application.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Mike, have you heard anything out of Blake since they got hit with this ice storm? I dropped him an email a bit ago, but I don't know if he's got power or internet or anything. From what I'm seeing, he's right in the heart of it.

Forum Member

illinois, and finally about to start construction

i have my narrative from my department i can send if you like. it was for 12 air packs and rit pack

Forum Member

hello all i would like some help also
    with a SCBA narrative any help
    thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

earl

You think I jest. Ask him about the Coastie boat he aquired not long after he moved to the lake.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    You think I jest. Ask him about the Coastie boat he aquired not long after he moved to the lake.
    Are you talking about my 1.2 mil $$ 44 ft Coast Guard Motor Lifeboat that I got us to turn into a fireboat? I still have a hard time believing that one myself. The week before it arrived here at the lake it was still in service at Cape Hatteras.

MembersZone Subscriber

McNeil, i genuflect in your general direction. That's a great snag in any book. Better watch out, neiowa will want to recruit you into the FEPP legion.

Folks on my dept still have fresh memories of 1954 Willy's with no brakes and too much baling wire to be comfortable with trying to back down that road. Today's surplus stuff is newer and better maintained (in general, not 100% for sure) than 30 or 40 years ago. Plus, public safety is much higher on the redistribution food chain. There's good stuff to be had.

earl (i may have to visit to check out that ship of yours!!)

MembersZone Subscriber

McNeil, i genuflect in your general direction. That's a great snag in any book. Better watch out, neiowa will want to recruit you into the FEPP legion.

Folks on my dept still have fresh memories of 1954 Willy's with no brakes and too much baling wire to be comfortable with trying to back down that road. Today's surplus stuff is newer and better maintained (in general, not 100% for sure) than 30 or 40 years ago. Plus, public safety is much higher on the redistribution food chain. There's good stuff to be had.

earl (i may have to visit to check out that ship of yours!!)
    What was even harder to believe was the fact the only pieces of equipment the CG took off of it was the flare gun kit and the CG VHF radio. It still had all of the other equipment on it down to the portable john.

Like you said if you watch FEPP you can find stuff like this. Extremly well maintained...the twin diesels in this thing only had 30 hours combined between them.

The total cost of the boat to our department was $500 to our State Surplus agency for handling the paperwork and $2000 to have it trucked into us.

Forum Member

Our department is planning to submit an application to replace 8 scba that are pre 1997 standards. We are also looking into the possibility of a turnout gear washer/dryer. Any help on these would be greatly appreciated. Please email to: webmaster@haleyvillefire.org

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Need help too!

My department will also be applying for SCBA's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at hartmans@lhcaz.gov.

Thanks

Scott

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    What was even harder to believe was the fact the only pieces of equipment the CG took off of it was the flare gun kit and the CG VHF radio. It still had all of the other equipment on it down to the portable john.

Like you said if you watch FEPP you can find stuff like this. Extremly well maintained...the twin diesels in this thing only had 30 hours combined between them.

The total cost of the boat to our department was $500 to our State Surplus agency for handling the paperwork and $2000 to have it trucked into us.

Good for you. Iowa state surplus office would want at least $10k for that deal. Want $5k for a duece. They have a lifestyle to which they have become accustomed. I used to have a deal where I'd do all the work and pay them $75 to do the paperwork. Went away when old guy retired and office was transfered to bureau of prisons. Buffalo Creek is only 3ft wild and 2ft deep so don't need much of a boat.

Hello all,

I will be putting in for SCBA's this year and any help for a first timer would be greatly appraciated! amc@marvanderson.com

Forum Member

Same here. Our company is putting in for 20 new SCBA's. We have already had both Scott and MSA in wih their products. Pros and cons to both.

Any successful narratives that could be shared would be greatly appreciated!

They can be e-mail to me @ mrosen23@roadrunner.com.

Thanks again to everyone who helps out on these forums!!

Thread Information