1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber
    anhoard@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    2

    Default Need help for SCBA grant

    Can anyone offer a sample winning narrative regarding SCBA for the AFG grant?

    My agency badly needs to get a grant this year. We have been denied for the last 2 years. We are facing $700,000 worth of spending for all new airpacks, bottles and masks. Our current bottles are at the hydro expiration date and the packs are from the 80's and early 90's and no longer compliant.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mmcneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anhoard View Post
    Can anyone offer a sample winning narrative regarding SCBA for the AFG grant?

    My agency badly needs to get a grant this year. We have been denied for the last 2 years. We are facing $700,000 worth of spending for all new airpacks, bottles and masks. Our current bottles are at the hydro expiration date and the packs are from the 80's and early 90's and no longer compliant.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Andrew,

    Contact me off line. I know a number of people on your department and I may be able to help you.

    Mike McNeill
    mmcneill@advertisnet.com

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lynnfield MA
    Posts
    243

    Default Air Pack Grant

    We got awarded this year give me an e-mail off list mtetreault@londonderrynh.org

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber
    ktb9780's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auburndale, FL
    Posts
    6,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anhoard View Post
    Can anyone offer a sample winning narrative regarding SCBA for the AFG grant?

    My agency badly needs to get a grant this year. We have been denied for the last 2 years. We are facing $700,000 worth of spending for all new airpacks, bottles and masks. Our current bottles are at the hydro expiration date and the packs are from the 80's and early 90's and no longer compliant.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Check you email anhoard!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

    "Never Trade Skill for Luck"

  5. #5
    MembersZone Subscriber
    anhoard@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I got your messages. I will try to call on Tuesday. Thank you both!!!

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber
    WJVaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dickson TN
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Andrew,

    Contact me off line. I know a number of people on your department and I may be able to help you.

    Mike McNeill
    mmcneill@advertisnet.com
    Mike,
    I need an APC for the SWAT team. Know where you got any stashed?

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber
    WJVaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dickson TN
    Posts
    1,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anhoard View Post
    Can anyone offer a sample winning narrative regarding SCBA for the AFG grant?

    My agency badly needs to get a grant this year. We have been denied for the last 2 years. We are facing $700,000 worth of spending for all new airpacks, bottles and masks. Our current bottles are at the hydro expiration date and the packs are from the 80's and early 90's and no longer compliant.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What has happened to all of the UASI money down there? Last I heard they were still trying to figure out how to spend

  8. #8
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mmcneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Mike,
    I need an APC for the SWAT team. Know where you got any stashed?
    Well heck yeah......I have 2 of them in my backyard. Come on down here and take your pick.

  9. #9
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Christopher, IL, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Email me @ firemedic_19@yahoo.com and I will send you a copy of mine.

  10. #10
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Well heck yeah......I have 2 of them in my backyard. Come on down here and take your pick.
    Is there something we should know about you that we don't? Having 2 APC's in your backyard makes me think you're rather suspicious or a really cool guy I need to spend some time with.

  11. #11
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mmcneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Is there something we should know about you that we don't? Having 2 APC's in your backyard makes me think you're rather suspicious or a really cool guy I need to spend some time with.
    Shhhhh.......Don't tell everyone about me.

    I try to keep a low profile because you know there are spies under every fire hydrant that are watching us to see what we are doing.

  12. #12
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    790

    Default

    I would hate to see all of the kool stuff Neiowa has brought home and has in his back yard. I would wager that there are a couple of Abrams tanks setting somewhere close by.

  13. #13
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    I would hate to see all of the kool stuff Neiowa has brought home and has in his back yard. I would wager that there are a couple of Abrams tanks setting somewhere close by.
    He's probably got a retired destroyer in the river somewhere just looking for a way to use it.

  14. #14
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mmcneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    He's probably got a retired destroyer in the river somewhere just looking for a way to use it.
    Hey we could pair the destroyer up with the sub I have here in the lake.

  15. #15
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Hey we could pair the destroyer up with the sub I have here in the lake.
    Once again, you raise that previously posted question.

  16. #16
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mmcneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Once again, you raise that previously posted question.
    Well you see its a mini-sub that cruises the water mains looking for the spies under the fire hydrants.

  17. #17
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Well you see its a mini-sub that cruises the water mains looking for the spies under the fire hydrants.
    I see. Makes total sense now. Does it also look for those huge, maneating catfish down by the dam?

  18. #18
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mmcneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I see. Makes total sense now. Does it also look for those huge, maneating catfish down by the dam?
    So you have heard about them too?

  19. #19
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    So you have heard about them too?
    Oh yeah. Heard one drug a tow truck into the lake after they hooked into it and all kinds of legends. I figured your lake had 'em, too. I know Table Rock does.

  20. #20
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Hey we could pair the destroyer up with the sub I have here in the lake.
    My step-dad made a sub when i was a kid. Only needed one tool, a 30-30 rifle, which he discharged into the bottom of his boat. There's a reason it's illegal to hunt deer out of season from a boat.

    We had to live on coffee bread and milk toast for about a month after he paid his fine and bought a new boat.

    earl

  21. #21
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mmcneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    My step-dad made a sub when i was a kid. Only needed one tool, a 30-30 rifle, which he discharged into the bottom of his boat. There's a reason it's illegal to hunt deer out of season from a boat.

    We had to live on coffee bread and milk toast for about a month after he paid his fine and bought a new boat.

    earl
    And i'll bet you had to walk 20 miles barefoot through the snow to school too.

  22. #22
    MembersZone Subscriber
    mmcneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks, MO
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Oh yeah. Heard one drug a tow truck into the lake after they hooked into it and all kinds of legends.
    That is one of those ugly rumors. The tow truck only got its wheels wet.

  23. #23
    Forum Member
    Not2L84U2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Catlin, IL, USA
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    My step-dad made a sub when i was a kid. Only needed one tool, a 30-30 rifle, which he discharged into the bottom of his boat. There's a reason it's illegal to hunt deer out of season from a boat.

    We had to live on coffee bread and milk toast for about a month after he paid his fine and bought a new boat.

    earl
    Earl you have the best stories! To this day, whenever I tell people about govliquidation I have to tell them about how your next to nothing item cost you more in the end.

  24. #24
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Nah, actually got to ride a bus to school. But, in those days we had an old F-100 with six kids at home. Until we got a four-door car (1956 Caddy in about '66 or '67) we pretty much only rode together in the summer so us big kid could ride in the bed. Winter time with 8 of in the cab made it hard to move that 4' long shifter!!

    Times have changed a little, my wife is a child passenger safety instructor and hates hearing some of those stories. All true, by the way.

    earl

  25. #25
    Forum Member
    Not2L84U2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Catlin, IL, USA
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Nah, actually got to ride a bus to school. But, in those days we had an old F-100 with six kids at home. Until we got a four-door car (1956 Caddy in about '66 or '67) we pretty much only rode together in the summer so us big kid could ride in the bed. Winter time with 8 of in the cab made it hard to move that 4' long shifter!!

    Times have changed a little, my wife is a child passenger safety instructor and hates hearing some of those stories. All true, by the way.

    earl
    I wouldn't mess with Sue too much. I remember when I showed her the picks of my daughter strapped in her car seat fastened to the back of my Harley she said something about a Louisville Slugger and heading south.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts on an SCBA grant?
    By DFCFFEMT14 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 11:56 AM
  2. Used SCBA From FEMA Grant
    By hfdchiefone in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 01:34 PM
  3. SCBA Grant Question
    By hfdchiefone in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
  4. Any relationship between SCBA email and potential grant success?
    By 7Stones in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
  5. Grant for SCBA- Current Scott Paks or NxG2?
    By Constable467 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & Funding
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 12:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register