Thread: "fire ice gel"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default "fire ice gel"

Has anyone out there had experiance using this product? We are looking into some alternatives to class A fire suppression foam and AFFF and this is one of the products that popped up. Any and all comments will be appreciated.

Default Fire Gel

I'm with Barricade Fire Gel and we manufacture a liquid fire gel concentrate that's approved by the USDA Forest Service for aerial and ground use. There's nothing that works like gel for structure protection. For more info., check out www.Firegel.com or give us a call at 1-800-201-3927.

Forum Member

Default FireIce Gel

FireIce is biodegradable and non toxic (the inventor actually eats the stuff during his demo). Barricade is oil based. I have heard complaints from a local department that Barricade ruined their brush truck's pump and that it is expensive. I don't know much about that becuse I have never used Barricade. This is just all I have heard locally. FireIce just came into this area and is getting HUGE positive results. It is easy to use and it is pretty cheap to get. We did our math and it comes out to 67 cents per gallon as opposed to almost $2 per gallon using other additives. We have done some live burns with FireIce and it was pretty amazing. It put magnesium out within seconds and cooled it from 3500 degrees to room temp within seconds- the instructor went over and picked it up with bare hands.

The website is www.fireicegel.com. I am getting some samples to play with. I will post updates when I get more info.

Any replies to this thread will go directly to my email so feel free to reply. I'll do my best.

Default FireIce

BeachfiremanFL Thank You for the kind words, we look forward to working with you and your department very soon.

Barricade2 is correct that gels are very reliable for exposure protection and Thanks to Barricade2 for not beating us up on the net. Barricade2ís product does do its design function for exposure protection, and I will reciprocate as Barricade2 did by not berate their product.

D32950 if you would like to obtain more information or receive and samples, please feel free to drop me a line at rrosovich@geltechsolutions.com or 800-924-4874. I encourage you to check out the video links of FireIceís capability to achieve quick knockdown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CzvVKxsonc

http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...ting%20FireIce

Best Regards and Stay Safe,

Rob

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire Blocking Gels

I would encourage any individual looking at fire gels to do their research. Obtain the MSDS for each product you are considering. Read all available product literature to understand the intended uses and market for the product. Don't rely on hearsay and anecdotal evidence. Often the re-telling is distorted from the original. If there is negative hearsay, perhaps the product was improperly used. Get the facts, make an informed decision.

MembersZone Subscriber

I know I haven't been on this forum long, but when I see so many posts with the only people posting having that few of total posts something sounds fishy.

It almost sounds like someone is trying to place an ad, but doing so in such a way that it doesn't look like an ad.
    Original poster: 11 total posts "D32950"
    Second poster: 1 total posts "barricade2"
    Third poster: 6 total posts "beachfiremanFL"
    Fourth poster: 1 total posts "FireIce0911"
    Fifth poster: 3 total posts "mdarmistead"
    I could be wrong. *shrug*
    FF-II/EMT-B/Incident Safety Officer/Photographer
    Lancaster Fire Department
    First run area (Fire): Lancaster, NH & Guildhall, VT (84.3 Sq Miles)
    First run area (Ambulance): Lancaster & Jefferson, NH; Gilman, Guildhall & Lunenberg, VT (185.1 Sq Miles)

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry You could be wrong, most likely are...

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWert View Post
    I know I haven't been on this forum long, but when I see so many posts with the only people posting having that few of total posts something sounds fishy.

It almost sounds like someone is trying to place an ad, but doing so in such a way that it doesn't look like an ad.
    Original poster: 11 total posts "D32950"
    Second poster: 1 total posts "barricade2"
    Third poster: 6 total posts "beachfiremanFL"
    Fourth poster: 1 total posts "FireIce0911"
    Fifth poster: 3 total posts "mdarmistead"
    I could be wrong. *shrug*
    LOL, speaks someone with a MASSIVE 47 posts to this forum.

If you bother to read my post, even though I have a measly 3 postings on this forum, you will see that I advocate NO product, instead I promote INFORMED decision making.

I get irritated by arrogant posters who assume that just bcause an individual is new to a forum they are promoting a product or just trying to start flame war. If you want to look at someone promoting a product and advertising like hell all over this forum, look at CaptBob 1893 posts and his sig tells it all
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "Get a bonus when you sign up for our F-r-e-e Newsletter HERE: http://www.eatstress.com/firezine_signup.htm

Fire "Captain Bob" http://www.eatstress.com

You can find more testing secrets on this web site here: http://cms.firehouse.com/content/con.../bio.jsp?id=18"
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So get over it.
    Last edited by mdarmistead; 06-02-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Additional info

Forum Member

I'll admit that I didn't watch each and every video on the link, but I the only reference to mixing ratios was 25 lbs. of powder to 250 gallons of water. Can anyone here enlighten me a little more? Is this product like conventional Class A foam where you might use one ratio to get one result, another for a different situation?

I was one of the first people in my area to insist on using foam on Class A fires, both wildland and structural. If I could replace conventional foams with a more effective and cost-efficient product, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Thread Information