Forum Member

Default New place to exchange equipment and such

First of let me say there is no personal gain for me here, I am paying for this website and designing it myself and using my own hosting and making nothing off of it. (Iknow how many frown on people pluggin thier own things)

That being said, I have sold some excess property we have on e-bay, while doing that I have realized how many departments Nation wide have little or nothing. many of us may dream of new trucks in every bay but some departments dream of just a truck that runs. I know there are exchange and give away sites at the state level but I wanted to go one more.

so I created www.firetooltrader.com this is a place where departments can trade, sell or just plain give away equipment of any kind. Individuals are welcome also.

Check it out I am open to any and all suggestions and comments, keep in mind it is brand new and was just put up today

also to view ALL the forum areas you need to register which is free, no worries you will not get any spam from it

Forum Member

Also go to www.illinoisfirestore.net and click on product information and there will be used equipment for sale. If you have used equipment then contact them and they will assist.

Forum Member

well this is really geared more toward connecting departments who need equipment with departments who have it to give away, such as we just donated a brush truck to a local department who did not have one. The for sale area is just kind of a bonus

Forum Member

No I agree, was just trying to add to the resources you had listed. Just so everyone knows as well there is a list of equipment for donation on the OSFM website and they also provide the hold harmless agreement for you to fill out.

Forum Member

I have toyed with adding a place for commercial sites but I have not decided yet, there is a disclaimer in the user agreement that the site ie not responsible for any trades made, I did this as a way to help out the fire service so hopefully there will be no problems

Forum Member

Default Dude?

What's up with the semi-naked dude at the top of your website? I thought it might be a different kind of "tool trader" website.

Forum Member

all of us fire fighters look like that don't we?

Forum Member

Default site

You should try to get set up with all the local fire equipment vendors because they all have salesmen on the front lines that always know of people looking for free or used equipment. I have had this idea many times, just never had the time to get it done. I know Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus started by going around and asking vendors to consider him first. Just thought it might help!

Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt2466 View Post
    You should try to get set up with all the local fire equipment vendors because they all have salesmen on the front lines that always know of people looking for free or used equipment. I have had this idea many times, just never had the time to get it done. I know Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus started by going around and asking vendors to consider him first. Just thought it might help!

Good luck!
    This site is more to join up departments who need equipment with departments who have extra equipment. The site it's self does not buy or sell anything.

it also has a chatroom which has been getting some good use

Thanks for the advice but I don't think what you are saying would apply here

Thread Information