Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By confire

Thread: Reported credit card scam

Angry Reported credit card scam

For those of you out there that might have found some odd charges on your credit card statement, I just got the following from my sister:

...just happened to us and confirmed directly by us w/our credit card company. Each month I go through our credit card statements to verify receipts against charges. I found two charges from "EZSVER RW ID053634991 800-355-1837PA" on our credit card statement. We didn't recognize it and tried to call the 800 #, which turns out not to be a real #. So when we called our credit card company, we learned that it was a scam. The first charge is usually for $1.95 and the next is for $14.95, which are the charges that appeared on this statement. So, small enough not to raise a huge red flag, but if you don't stay on top of it, it can really add up. The credit card company said that they may have obtained our info from the 1-800-Flowers company and the online Medical Prescription service that we use; I guess their systems must've been compromised. Anywho, just a heads up to look on your statements for "EZSVER."

If the people who cracked the database worked as hard at legitimate jobs, they might be able to do something productive!

new technologies allow solicitors to take money out of your bank by rounting your phone number by calling them. so I dont recommend calling back when they say your car lisense is expiring

Yesterday I checked my credit card statement online and found a charge for $ 54.05 for “Norton annual renewal”. I have not used Norton for over 4 years! I call the 800 number listed and talked to “John” aka Habib in only Lord knows where. He did agree to remove all charges for me. That got me thinking so I looked back at January of 08 and found the sane renewal charge.
    I originally purchased it online but I’m sure I did not authorize automatic renewal.
    From now on I’ll review my statements on often.
    CaptOldTimer likes this.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Exclamation Better Idea............

My Wife goes over EVERY Bill carefully. If she finds anything that doesn't fit her list, she's off on the phone, calling until she gets it straight. We DO NOT use online banking, paypal, ebay, etc. to avoid having our card numbers floating around in thin air.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TED1435 View Post
    If the people who cracked the database worked as hard at legitimate jobs, they might be able to do something productive!
    Yes, but working hard will get you $50,000 a year, cracking a DB and hitting everyone in it for $15 will net millions. I h3ear about a guy who was making a lot of money simply by setting up on-line bank transfers. Each time he set one up the bank would deposit a small amount to make sure the account worked. He got caught and prosecuted. Not for taking the money, but for impersonation. He had to use different names to set up multiple accounts

As for checking the statement, I no longer have credit cards, don't need them. My bank gives me an ATM card that works like a credit card. I go in usually once a day and check the charges.
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 01-29-2009 at 07:30 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    My Wife goes over EVERY Bill carefully. If she finds anything that doesn't fit her list, she's off on the phone, calling until she gets it straight. We DO NOT use online banking, paypal, ebay, etc. to avoid having our card numbers floating around in thin air.
    YES. I have seen The Tigress in action. Very scary if you are the person on the other end of the phone line.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

jail the scammer...

Thread Information