Forum Member

Default I learned the true meaning of brotherhood tonight.

I was supposed to go with my brother to look for a new car today. When I called him to see where he was he was crying and told me to get to the hospital. I called mom she didnt know what was going on but knew something wasnt right. His wife gave birth tonight to to a 6 pound 14 oz baby boy The cord was wrapped around his neck twice. He didnt make it. I played strong all day for for my brother and the family and even as I held this little man in my arms and instead of doing the usual goo goo gaa gaa babble talk you do with infants. I had to ask him to look over his mom and dad from heaven. I decided to leave and get some coffee as I came back while walking to the room, Another fireman from another part of the city I never met and didnt know from eve. I guess looked at my hat and recognized me as a firefighter or maybe I told him I dont recall. He knew by my face though I needed to talk. We talked about his kids and mine, where we trained how hard it is to see these kind of things on runs, and how much harder it is when your dealing with your own flesh and blood. How you cant give solace and comfort for a pain if you have never felt it. How it is unnatural and against nature for a parent to bury a child. He was quick to remind me of some spiritual points I think I forgot in the mix of the events that occurred today. I just want to say thank you to the guy he helped me a lot. There is a time and place to be the the rock, but at some point you have to let go and release the stress and agony from the pain and hardship you have to deal with. Tonight he was their to listen and give me a little insight when I really needed it most. That's a true brother

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I'm sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies to your brother and family.

May the child sleep peacefully in the arms of the angels.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

I know that nothing we say can really help, but our prayers are with you and your family. It's sad that it takes things like this to show you who your friends are, but it's a great story of brotherhood.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

I am not the most religious of men and sometimes I wonder what I believe at all anymore, but I do believe there are times when maybe we don't get what we want but perhaps what we need. That firefighter being there in my mind has to be more than a coincidence and the fact that he took the time to talk to you and try his best to console you was what you needed right then.

My brother also lost a child during child birth and there were times all he needed was someone there with him...not necessarily to talk or to explain or console, just someone there that he knew cared.

I want to offer my deepest sympathy to your brother and his wife. My thoughts will be with them during this incredibly trying time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I am not the most religious of men and sometimes I wonder what I believe at all anymore, but I do believe there are times when maybe we don't get what we want but perhaps what we need. That firefighter being there in my mind has to be more than a coincidence and the fact that he took the time to talk to you and try his best to console you was what you needed right then.

My brother also lost a child during child birth and there were times all he needed was someone there with him...not necessarily to talk or to explain or console, just someone there that he knew cared.

I want to offer my deepest sympathy to your brother and his wife. My thoughts will be with them during this incredibly trying time.

I couldnt of said it better.

Forum Member

I can relate to your situation, my wife and I went thru several miscarriages before our daughter arrived.

My sincere condolences to your whole family also.

Forum Member

Thank You Brother's,
    Your prayers are needed, felt and appreciated. While my brother and family work through this.

MembersZone Subscriber

This has always been a fear of mine, to lose my son.

Rest in peace little one and thanks to all of my brothers and sisters who are always there.

Scott
    http://www.lancasterfire.site40.net

MembersZone Subscriber

I am so sorry for your loss and my deepest condolences are extended to you and yours...

Never forget that your brothers stand behind you through it all and, when you need them again, you know in your heart they will always be.

Be safe, R2

MembersZone Subscriber

All of your brothers are behind you, god bless you and your family in this very trying time. As a father I cant even describe how this story hit me.
    Totally Unacceptable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information