Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default Cape Vincent, NY EMT Shot and Killed In The Line Of Duty

My condolences go out to those involved in this dedicated young man's death both within the fire and ems community and within his own family. The news article below was posted on Thousand Islands Emergency Rescue Service, Inc.'s website. RIP Brother, I knew you not but feel your loss nonetheless.

Ric

ALEXANDRIA BAY, N.Y. ó The New York State Police at Alexandria Bay are investigating a homicide that occurred at approximately 11:58 p.m., January 30, at 114 South Esseltyne Street in Cape Vincent.

The victim, Mark B. Davis, 25 of 172 James St., Cape Vincent, was serving as a volunteer EMT for the Cape Vincent Volunteer Fire Department, when they responded to the address for a medical emergency. The victim and two other EMTs were at the residence treating Christopher G. Burke, age 25, formerly of Sherrill, N.Y., who now resides at the Esseltyne Street address.

Mr. Burke became agitated and retrieved a high powered rifle from the bedroom of the residence, police said. As the EMTís were retreating from the residence, it is alleged that Burke fired two rounds, one at the victim striking and killing him, they said. The suspect then ran from the residence and was tackled and held down by another EMT who was also at the residence.

Clayton Police Department Officer Robin Pearce was first on the scene and took the suspect into custody with the assistance of Alexandria Bay Officer Jerry Delosh.

EMTs at the scene fervently attempted life saving measures, and continued these efforts during the ambulance transport to the Samaritan Medical Center in Watertown, NY where he was pronounced deceased.

After consultation with District Attorney Cindy F. Intschert and Chief Assistant District Attorney Kristyna Mills, the suspect is being arraigned this morning on charges of second-degree murder and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

In addition to Clayton and Alexandria Bay Police Departments, Clayton Volunteer Fire Department, Guilfoyle Ambulance Service and Tiers Ambulance Service assisted at the scene, and Cape Vincent Police Department is assisting in the ensuing investigation.
    Additional Information:
    http://www.newzjunky.com/
    http://www.newswatch50.com/default.aspx
    Lives of great men all remind us,
    We can make our lives sublime,
    And departing leave behind us,
    Footprints in the sands of time.

--H.W. Longfellow

Forum Member

Such a tragic loss..thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

RIP Mark Davis

Forum Member

I would like to pass on my condolences to Mr. Davis's family and friends as well as Cape Vincent and Thousand Islands Emergency Rescue Squad, and Guilfoyle Ambulance.

R.Rose
    Firefighter
    Kingston Fire&Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by twenty2go View Post
    I would like to pass on my condolences to Mr. Davis's family and friends as well as Cape Vincent and Thousand Islands Emergency Rescue Squad, and Guilfoyle Ambulance.

R.Rose
    Firefighter
    Kingston Fire&Rescue
    I would like to personally thank everyone that has wrote in this or came to the services. Mark was my best friend and a brother to me that i never had. He was also my partner for some calls in the cape. It still seems unreal for this to happen, but it has. Mark was the greatest friend, guy, co worker, emt, and person i had ever had the honor of serving with. Mark had took me under his wing in ems and at life. I never told him, but i was always trying to live up to what he was. We were also in paramedic school together.I was amazed to see the turnout for his service. He was always "Go big, or GO HOME". and this was big, i mean BIG. Once again, I would like to thank everyone who was at the service, or wrote a letter, or helped and any little way that you could

-EMT J. Jelley
    GEMS
    TIERS
    Cape Vincent Fire Department and Ambulance Squad

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Very Sad

God bless him. I will keep his family and friends in my prayers.

Thread Information