MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2009 Young Womens Summer Firefighting Camp

Camp Fully Involved is now accepting applications for the August 2-7th, 2009 summer firefighting camp.

The camp is open to young women ages 14 (and having completed the 8th grade) through age 20. The program is an aggressive six day hands-on live-in camp that brings cadets through most aspects of firefighting. Cadets participate in rappelling, forcible entry, room and content fires, vehicle/dumpster fires, combined ops, engine and ladder company ops and many more evolutions.

If you or someone that you know is considering a career in the fire service, or is just interested in learning about what we do, please let them know about Camp Fully Involved!

If you have any questions, please contact us at info@campfullyinvolved.com or check us out on the web and download an application at www.campfullyinvolved.com

Thank you and stay safe!

Forum Member

whaaat...?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuegodiva5074 View Post
    Camp Fully Involved is now accepting applications for the August 2-7th, 2009 summer firefighting camp.

The camp is open to young women ages 14 (and having completed the 8th grade) through age 20. The program is an aggressive six day hands-on live-in camp that brings cadets through most aspects of firefighting. Cadets participate in rappelling, forcible entry, room and content fires, vehicle/dumpster fires, combined ops, engine and ladder company ops and many more evolutions.

If you or someone that you know is considering a career in the fire service, or is just interested in learning about what we do, please let them know about Camp Fully Involved!

If you have any questions, please contact us at info@campfullyinvolved.com or check us out on the web and download an application at www.campfullyinvolved.com

Thank you and stay safe!

Where is this located and who are the instructors???
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Is there one of these for guys only?
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Now you're getting sexist...
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post

bigot. Don't you know only allowing a certain sex to attend something while barring the other from attending is ok? Unless of course its a girls camp, then its some how acceptable.

Want a cheap laugh, look at the instructor photo? For all the girl power they still have some male instructors.

MembersZone Subscriber

Where does this fall in with the "live fire training for juniors" argument? I don't know what the New Hampshire regulations are, but live fire training in PA is a no no...

From the Pennsylvania Junior Emergency Service Compliance Manual

The law specifically prohibits members under the age of 18 of an emergency service organization from participating in the following activities.
    -
    Operating an aerial ladder/platform or hydraulic jack.
    Using rubber electric gloves, insulated wire cutters, life nets, or acetylene cutting torches.
    Operating the pumps of any fire vehicle at the scene of a fire.
    Driving a fire truck, ambulance, or any other official emergency vehicle on or off duty.
    Entering a burning structure.
    Operating high-pressure hose lines (water, air, or hydraulic), except during training.
    Ascending ladders, except during training.

Forum Member

It lies in the argument of things are different every where you go.

I see no problem with it at all as long as its done in a training environment with trained fire instructors right there with them.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have thought that the PA Junior Firefighter Restrictions are a little strict. I also can't imagine that the people running this course don't already know the laws and regulations in the state they're conducting the class in. I will admit, there are a certain number of our 16/17 y/o juniors that I would be more than willing to take into a training burn if it were allowed and under the correct circumstances. On the other hand there are those that I wouldn't even think about taking in.

Forum Member

Default Camp Fully Involved

I am an alumni of the Camp Fully Involved program. My father has been a firefighter for 35 years and I decided several years ago to follow in his foot steps. I found out about CFI and eagerly signed up. It was the toughest six days that I have ever experienced! But what CFI did was not only teach me about firefighting but what it's like for female firefighters in the fire service. After coming home from this camp I was determined to learn more and get involved. I joined my local fire department and talked my father out of retirement. I also attended my local vocational program for Firefighter I,II. The spring of my Junior year of high school I received my Firefighter I,II certifications for the state of Maine. I also participated in Skills USA and placed third in the state for the firefighting demo competition, might I also add that the first and second place firefighters were also women and we were all in the same vocational program! Anyways, I am also currently enrolled in the program again, this year as an advanced firefighter. I look forward to class and helping those that are in need of assistance. I firmly believe that if I hadn't attended Camp Fully Involved I would have never joined my local and fire department and gotten involved in the fire service like I am now. So I thank everyone from CFI because they have truly changed my life.

Thread Information