Thread: Tee Hee Ooops?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Red face Tee Hee Ooops?

Rescue a mixed blessing for lost hunter

Friday, January 30, 2009 (01-30) 17:41 PST Cheboygan, Mich. (AP)

Being rescued was a mixed blessing for a man who got lost while hunting in Cheboygan County. Howard Keshick became disoriented in Inverness Township in December and called for help on his cell phone. Police and a Coast Guard helicopter braved high winds and blowing snow to locate him.

But the Cheboygan Daily Tribune reported authorities discovered Keshick was a convicted felon and charged him with illegal possession of a firearm. Police said he claimed he didn't know the law applied to his black powder muzzleloader.

Keshick was bound over for arraignment in circuit court on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, he is scheduled for sentencing Feb. 3 on charges including home invasion, property destruction and being a habitual offender.

Information from: Cheboygan Daily Tribune, www.cheboygannews.com

Forum Member

Technically,no.
    To my knowledge and at least in the areas I have lived in,there is no background check required on muzzleloaders and blackpowder firearms that would have caught him when he purchased it.
    Then again,when I got arrested on felony assault charges(they came at me with a hammer before I pointed an unloaded shotgun at them.The only time I made a winning bluff) the S.O.s left my .22 air rifle and my .50 CVA muzzleloader in my possession.This was when Clinton was trying to get misdemeanor domestic violence to be a reason to deny gun purchases instead of booting DV to a felony.
    It has to be sorted out in court and is very aggravating to send the same paperwork repeatedly for different firearms purchases because"It takes up to six months to update the files and there is no requirement to remove the delay flag from your record,Sir."
    You're sitting there trying not to argue with someone who can notice that you are angry about it and trying to buy a firearm.Guess how that can turn out.

Thread Information