Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FP&S Grants

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile FP&S Grants

My department is interested in applying for the FP&S grant for a fire prevention training trailer. I am going to be writing the grant and was hoping that someone out there might have a successful grant for the FP&S so I know what they have approved in the past. My email is dwatson@enfd.org

Thanks so much,
    Diana

Our department is also planning on submitting an application for a safety trailer with severe weather package. We have been denied on both prior FP&S applications. Any help would be appreciated. webmaster@haleyvillefire.org

Thanks,
    Craig Thomas
    Haleyville Fire/Rescue

Forum Member

I will be applying for funding to conduct a formal risk assessment. I have been told that there is computer software to help me accomplish the risk assessment but have found anything on line. Does anybody know where I can locate something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by jmurphy139 View Post
    I will be applying for funding to conduct a formal risk assessment. I have been told that there is computer software to help me accomplish the risk assessment but have found anything on line. Does anybody know where I can locate something like that?
    Joe read between the lines here; basic fire planning software with which you input data you are gathering is at the same time providing you with the information to base a "risk assessment" on.If you are conducting a fire inspection you are checking off, smoke datectors, sprinlkler systems, fire doors, flammables storage etc. I also think there was a software program called RAVE I believe, which also did this.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

RHAVE isn't published anymore. Firehouse Software has a preplanning component that's available, and there are a pile of other plain preplanning programs out there. They probably just don't show up is you search for 'risk assessment'.

MembersZone Subscriber

If anyone has an example of a successful FP&S grant narrative for a fire prevention program I would love to read it. I would be more than happy to share our success SCBA, Live Fire Training Trailer and Radio grants from previous years.

spegram@ci.xenia.oh.us

Forum Member

Our department is also looking at applying for a safety trailer as well. Anyone with a successful narrative that they would be willing to share?

Thanks!

Forum Member

We are also looking to start a Fire Prevention program any narratives would be great!!! Please and thank you!

conwayfire2006@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Kurt or any of the guru's. We are applying for a safety trailer (again) and while I have tweaked my narrative a good deal, I have a few questions.

Question 1. I understand that the program this year is not looking too much into safety trailers and focusing on firefighter safety. My narrative explains that if we train the young to get out safely, we may not put our ff's in danger if no one is trapped. Is there a shot to get it funded or do I go to plan B.

Plan B. Pre Planning software, forms and an administrator to work with the fire marshal.

Question 2. I have included a vehicle to tow the safety trailer since the vehicle we were going to use recently went O.O.S for good. I explained that in the narrative. Again, what are the chances for this to be funded?

Any help would be great. This late in the game, I have both written out and reviewed.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Trailers like many projects expect the answer to the question where are the others available in the area for you to use. Doesn't mean that they allow you to use it, but in the area means better chance than not which is why its an uphill battle overall.

Tow vehicles are limited to $6k so they really don't affect the project a ton in the trailer app.

Salaries in the FP app for admins isn't reviewed too favorably if there is already a paid position in place. Software and other stuff is all good.

montco65 too little info here to render a "considered opinion". Contact me today at 863-287-3958, sitting here with nothing to do in Minot, ND trapped by the weather so might as well talk to you directly about it. Out of my 5-6 applicants last year, that tried for trailers, only one followed my instructions to the letter and that was the only one they funded.You can get them but, you have to have done the homework and it has to be a comprehensive plan to succeed. Call for details.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Thanks for the reply guys. Kurt, I am travelling but I will call you Thursday if that is OK. I don't have my info with me. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

I, too am trying to start a fire prevention program in my dept. Thinking about trying for a trailer or one of those blow-up jobs. Anybody have any advice or info it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

nitt87@hotmail.com

Forum Member

We also are trying to get fire prevention up and running a little better or more sufficient as compared to years past, any help would be appreciated. tvfdsafety@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down Fire Safety Trailer

The first few years FP&S funded a bunch of trailers. A friend was a peer reviewer and told me trailers are no longer looked upon favorably. I would think long and hard before putting in for a trailer. Your effort might be better spent on a project that will have more of an impact.

Forum Member

My understanding as well on the trailers, they are not a high list item anymore.

Forum Member

Default Smoke detector narrative

Looking for a smoke detector campaign narrative. Thank you! Webmaster@drakescrossingfire.c om

Thread Information