Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Nas Lemoore

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nas Lemoore

OK well no one answered me on PAX River so lets try NAS LEMOORE.. What can anyone tell me about it.

Forum Member

It's a lonely base in the middle of a hay field, not much more to say about it.

Forum Member

Default NAS Lemoore

The previous post is pretty much spot-on. However, it is a fairly active base with a lot of air traffic (mostly fighter types). 2 fire stations from what I know. Lots of overtime (forced or otherwise) due to chronic manning issues. They run a fair amount of mutual aid as well. Just remember, it IS in CA so if you go for a GS-4 job you will most likely be eligible (and need) food stamps due to the always high cost of living. Reading your past posts, I am assuming you are a little light on your DOD/IFSAC certifications. This might be a decent place to start and then work to obtain your certs for working in the federal system. Good luck to you

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the reply guys.... especia lly you FEDVVFAC... yeah i am kinda light on the DOD / IFSAC Certs...i would have to go through the entire Ohio Fire Academy again, and I don't have 6 weeks to take off let alone the moneyto pay for it. I am really hoping that i get a phone call. I would love to get back to the Federal Government. How much is OT pay? is it time and a half or is it all stright time...with all the OT... cost of living should not be an issue?

Lol...Lemoore is near Fresno if I remeber correctly. I'm still working on my first cup of coffee. You can live on GS-4 wages in California. You just will not live as well as the Fresno city firefighters. Everyone always inflates the cost of living here. Housing prices since the bubble popped have nose dived and the cost of living has actually gone down a bit. Plus it is a foot in the door!
    "The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action."

MembersZone Subscriber

Default About NAS Lemoore

This may be a little late for this thread. But I will put this out anyway. I don't know if this has changed in the last 2 years, as I have been retired for that long. But in the Western Region of the Navy fire departments they require that you pass the CPAT test. Here is the website. http://www.cffjac.org/go/jac/cpat/
    You will also need to have your EMT, either California state or National Registry.

Central California is not a bad place to live. the cost of living is one of the lowest in the state, especially now with the housing crisis. You are in the middle of cow country and farms. If you would like to know about the base Fire Department itself you can email me.

Thread Information