1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default Jacksonville Fire & Rescue

    Does anyone have any info on JFRD?
    Pay?
    Cost of living?
    Manning on apparatus?

  2. #2
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    222

    Default Jacksonville, FL Fire & Rescue ?????

    Retired from there in 2003 ! Retirement and pension doesn't suck !!
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

  3. #3
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    RetJaxFF....would you be able to send me a message at:

    fptacin@yahoo.com

    I have some questions if you're willing to answer them

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    Does anyone have any info on JFRD?
    Pay?
    Cost of living?
    Manning on apparatus?
    Are they hiring?
    Evan
    Firefighter/NREMT-B

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I hear they are

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    I hear they are
    Yeah i saw the posting on firerecruit.com

    Starting pay is 13.something for a MEDIC!! What a joke.
    Evan
    Firefighter/NREMT-B

  7. #7
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Evan....not sure what listing you were looking at, but the starting pay was listed as $34000 and change with incentives

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    281

    Default Says here...

    Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    Evan....not sure what listing you were looking at, but the starting pay was listed as $34000 and change with incentives
    Straight from firerecruit.com

    Agency: Jacksonville FD
    Location: Jacksonville, Calhoun County, AL
    Position: FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC
    Final Filing Date: Monday, February 23, 2009
    Salary: $13.45 - $22.19 per hour
    Requirements: Graduate from an accredited high school or equivalent (must provide proof). Possess and maintain a valid Alabama drivers license (must provide proof) as well as a driving record suitable for insurability. Possess medical credentials as an EMT Paramedic as required by the Alabama Department of Public Health (must provide proof). Successfully complete the Candidate Physical Ability Test within six (6) months of original hire and meet the minimum standards as required by the Alabama Firefighters Personnel Standards and Training Commission for Firefighter I certification within one year of hire or forfeit employment. Those already possessing Firefighter I certification must submit proof that certification is accepted by the Alabama Firefighters Personnel Standards and Training Commission. NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Maintain medical credentials as an EMT Paramedic as required by the Alabama Department of Public Health. Must possess or obtain within one year an Ambulance Driver license valid in the State of Alabama and maintain. The applicant shall meet the minimum standards as established by the Alabama Firefighters Personnel Standards and Training Commission for Firefighter II and Apparatus Operator I certification within two years of hire or forfeit employment.
    Evan
    Firefighter/NREMT-B

  9. #9
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evanbell View Post
    Straight from firerecruit.com

    Agency: Jacksonville FD
    Location: Jacksonville, Calhoun County, AL
    Position: FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC
    Final Filing Date: Monday, February 23, 2009
    Salary: $13.45 - $22.19 per hour
    Requirements: Graduate from an accredited high school or equivalent (must provide proof). Possess and maintain a valid Alabama drivers license (must provide proof) as well as a driving record suitable for insurability. Possess medical credentials as an EMT Paramedic as required by the Alabama Department of Public Health (must provide proof). Successfully complete the Candidate Physical Ability Test within six (6) months of original hire and meet the minimum standards as required by the Alabama Firefighters Personnel Standards and Training Commission for Firefighter I certification within one year of hire or forfeit employment. Those already possessing Firefighter I certification must submit proof that certification is accepted by the Alabama Firefighters Personnel Standards and Training Commission. NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Maintain medical credentials as an EMT Paramedic as required by the Alabama Department of Public Health. Must possess or obtain within one year an Ambulance Driver license valid in the State of Alabama and maintain. The applicant shall meet the minimum standards as established by the Alabama Firefighters Personnel Standards and Training Commission for Firefighter II and Apparatus Operator I certification within two years of hire or forfeit employment.
    Well now that I do the math if you work 48 hours per week, that equals out to about 33,920 per year which is what you said. Still...for being a paramedic that seems really low.
    Evan
    Firefighter/NREMT-B

  10. #10
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Evan....that is a listing for Jacksonville, Alabama

    We are talking about Jacksonville, Florida

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    Evan....that is a listing for Jacksonville, Alabama

    We are talking about Jacksonville, Florida
    AHHHHH hahaha...sorry for the confusion. That's even better then. I'll take a look at their posting
    Evan
    Firefighter/NREMT-B

  12. #12
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Levittown, PA USA
    Posts
    3

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by evanbell View Post
    Yeah i saw the posting on firerecruit.com

    Starting pay is 13.something for a MEDIC!! What a joke.
    Evan, maybe that's why you are all over these boards and haven't been hired anywhere yet!

  13. #13
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jupiter Florida
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I put my app in with them as well, I'm hoping to hear something back soon. Does anybody know what they're hiring process is like and how many they might be looking for?

  14. #14
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Brk....according to a recruiter from JFRD....30 on Monday...30 in May and 30 in October

  15. #15
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jupiter Florida
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    Brk....according to a recruiter from JFRD....30 on Monday...30 in May and 30 in October

    30 on Monday, as in the class is starting in Monday and they already have them processed and all? Or they're starting a list and sending letters out to people on Monday?

  16. #16
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Brk....I'm not really sure what he was implying

  17. #17
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    222

    Default Email sent

    Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    RetJaxFF....would you be able to send me a message at:

    fptacin@yahoo.com

    I have some questions if you're willing to answer them

    Not a problem. Email has been sent. Sorry for the delayed response.
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

  18. #18
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jupiter Florida
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Just got a packet in the mail about background info and moving on to the physical test.

  19. #19
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    brk, what is the process?.......just an app? or is there a big group test?

  20. #20
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Jupiter Florida
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    brk, what is the process?.......just an app? or is there a big group test?
    The packet I got says that the remaining process consists of:
    Physical Ability test(which is explained at the end of the packet)
    Background Investigation/Polygraph Test
    Oral Interview

    Not sure when the Physical Ability test starts, I need to have the paperwork turned in by the 13th so I guess I'll find out more after that, otherwise I don't know many details or how many candidates there are. Is anybody else on here in the process?

  21. #21
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Center of the Universe
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Is Charles Moreland still the EMS Chief there?

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default getting with the department

    hi..im a high school senior and i am wanting to become a firefighter. i was looking for someone thats on JFRD or is a firefighter in florida that can give me advice or tips on what i need to do or look forward to doing in schooling or training to get on with JFRD. i would really appreciate all the advice that i could get..thank you

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    Is Charles Moreland still the EMS Chief there?
    after looking at the city website it looks like he still is.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department/Help
    By jaswells79 in forum Florida
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
  2. Jacksonville Fla--firefighters rescue 2 from fire
    By captstanm1 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 08:22 PM
  3. Jacksonville Fla--Arson Fire
    By captstanm1 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 11:58 AM
  4. Sad Day for Jacksonville, FL Fire-Rescue
    By Firefighter1219 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 01:29 AM
  5. Confined Space Rescue--Jacksonville Florida
    By captstanm1 in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2002, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register