hello all... my name is greg and i am a hospital corpsman in the united states navy... i wont be getting out until about around 2012/2013... currently i am stationed in okinawa, japan and am assigned to a marine corps unit. i leave here in dec 2010 and plan on going back to san diego... i know this is a fire forum but i am having severe difficulty being able to post on the EMS forum, so hopefully i can get some answers from here... i am very interested in becoming a paramedic, and working for a fire department, specifically chicago fire department or FDNY. i already have my NREMT-B cert, but am wondering if any body has any good ideas on what i should be doing to prepare for my Paramedic degree (associates) what classes should i take, what class can i take while im here in okinawa? and if anybody knows, will the navy let me attend a paramedic school while on active duty? also FDNY website has alot of good info for employment... but unfortunately chicago does not. does anyone know the process of getting hired by the chicago fire department as a paramedic? when is the next test? how often do they give the test? also does anyone know if i can postpone my renewal of my EMT-B certification because i am in okinawa and i am unable to take any refresher courses while i am here...

thank you...
HN reinhart