Thread: IFSAC Question

  1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Philadelphia, Ohio
    Posts
    53

    Default IFSAC Question

    Hi All-

    I am having kind of a hard time understanding how IFSAC works. I graduated from the Ohio Fire Academy in 1992. Ohio is now an IFSAC state, correct? I don't even know if there was IFSAC back when I went through so am I still able to get reciprocity in other states or is that not the case?
    Any info is appreciated
    Stay Safe

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cupcake NY
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    do you not need to have the cert's from the test before its granted as reciprocal in another area?

  3. #3
    Good thing's happening

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC to NC to NY
    Posts
    486

    Default

    hey,

    I did a AWESOME thing called Searching and this is what I came up with. Hope this Helps!!

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=105182

  4. #4
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Philadelphia, Ohio
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrule1024 View Post
    hey,

    I did a AWESOME thing called Searching and this is what I came up with. Hope this Helps!!

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=105182
    This was actually a big help thanks.... but I don't appreciate your saracasm, internet tough guy

  5. #5
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Post And.............

    I noticed that you asked for help on a question, so I started reading the Replies, intending on picking up with a post with more info, if it looked like you needed it.

    You Do.

    Eagles was trying to give you a source that you may have overlooked. He was doing it in the "Tongue in Cheek" Manner that a lot of us use around here all the time. I'd offer that if you lighten up a bit and hang out on here, and contribute when you can, life would be a bit more enjoyable.

    We do anything that we can to help a Brother, but please try not to be too thin skinned..............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    I noticed that you asked for help on a question, so I started reading the Replies, intending on picking up with a post with more info, if it looked like you needed it.

    You Do.

    Eagles was trying to give you a source that you may have overlooked. He was doing it in the "Tongue in Cheek" Manner that a lot of us use around here all the time. I'd offer that if you lighten up a bit and hang out on here, and contribute when you can, life would be a bit more enjoyable.

    We do anything that we can to help a Brother, but please try not to be too thin skinned..............
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    What Harve said. I not sure if I could have said it better than he.

    Search is you best friend as if you stay in here long enough you will find that most questions have been asked and answered!

    If he is thin skinned in here, I pity him in the engine house!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  7. #7
    Good thing's happening

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC to NC to NY
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    I noticed that you asked for help on a question, so I started reading the Replies, intending on picking up with a post with more info, if it looked like you needed it.

    You Do.

    Eagles was trying to give you a source that you may have overlooked. He was doing it in the "Tongue in Cheek" Manner that a lot of us use around here all the time. I'd offer that if you lighten up a bit and hang out on here, and contribute when you can, life would be a bit more enjoyable.

    We do anything that we can to help a Brother, but please try not to be too thin skinned..............
    Thanks Harve and TY capt. Haven't been on here in a while and feels sort of good to be back.

    Rob

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Louisiana is slowly transferring some of it's certs to IFSAC accreditation.

    We have been told that if you currently have a non-IFSAC cert, and that cert eventually gets IFSAC accreditation, you will have to retest to now have an IFSAC accredited cert.

    Clear as mud huh?

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Louisiana is slowly transferring some of it's certs to IFSAC accreditation.

    We have been told that if you currently have a non-IFSAC cert, and that cert eventually gets IFSAC accreditation, you will have to retest to now have an IFSAC accredited cert.

    Clear as mud huh?
    Wow. What a bitch for your guys!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic7 View Post
    This was actually a big help thanks.... but I don't appreciate your saracasm, internet tough guy
    Lighten up, Francis!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  11. #11
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bossier Parrish, Louisiana
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Wow. What a bitch for your guys

    Yup. It all comes down to that $65 test fee.

  12. #12
    Early Adopter
    cozmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    We have been told that if you currently have a non-IFSAC cert, and that cert eventually gets IFSAC accreditation, you will have to retest to now have an IFSAC accredited cert.
    That sucks... but it makes total sense.

    The IFSAC seal is supposed to guarantee that the person was tested in a certain way. They use their own randomized test bank. The test is supposed to be secure in that students aren't supposed to see it before or after the exam. The test is supposed to be administered by a proctor not affiliated with the course. I can understand why IFSAC wouldn't want their seal on certificates that might not have been earned in their approved manner.

    I have the same problem looming for me. My FF I&II, Company Officer I&II and Instructor certs are all IFSAC. However, my Inspector I cert is not. When Arkansas switches it over, I'll have to dust off quite a bit of knowledge in the back of my brain to retake that test.

  13. #13
    Permanently Removed
    CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default

    Some other states are IFSAC friendly- Arizona. But not Cali.

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Wow. What a bitch for your guys

    Yup. It all comes down to that $65 test fee.
    If you think I was referring to a silly test fee, you really ARE dumber than I thought.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. IFSAC for VA?
    By docflip4884 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 12:30 AM
  2. IFSAC Question
    By RBoothe1499 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 10:54 AM
  3. Ifsac
    By allendammeyer in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 09:44 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 02:12 AM
  5. Mi Ifsac
    By Pobrislo in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register