Forum Member

Red face What am i to expect?

i am going through mandatory training starting tomorrow and still wondering what to expect? although i try to do the best in stuff i do, I still nervous and would just like to have a heads up of the training im going into?

Forum Member

Default man

i guess this is in the wrong place or the wrong title to get attention or anyone to see it to help me but oh well another day another time.

MembersZone Subscriber

i don't think anyone can tell you what to expect if you don't give more details than "mandatory training". that could be on how to change a diaper for all we know.

Forum Member

Don't be worried. Mandatory training is 32 hours long and it is basically an introduction to firefighting. Just pay attention and keep your head up, you will be fine. You will learn very basic, but very important, firefighting skills. The most vital subject you will learn about is your PPE. If you have any further questions or comments, or just want to meet a fellow IN firefighter, give me a shoutout at cutems18@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to accomodate you. Good luck and welcome to greatest profession on Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by FIREPUP2007 View Post
    i am going through mandatory training starting tomorrow and still wondering what to expect? although i try to do the best in stuff i do, I still nervous and would just like to have a heads up of the training im going into?
    I'm not a pro, but I have a couple years under my belt. My advice would be to pay attention to those who are training, & be willing to learn. I know that's kinda broad, but very important to starting out. Oh yeah, actually using common sense will keep you out of a ton of trouble.

Thread Information