1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Exclamation Sire! The Peasants Are Revolting

    "Yes. I know. PULL!"

    How Long Before the Peasants Revolt?

    Wealthy elites would do well to make some concessions while they still can
    By SARA K. SMITH

    Updated 2:00 PM EST, Wed, Feb 11, 2009

    Wobbling markets, growing populist sentiment...it's just a matter of time before the citizen mobs take over.

    Things are not looking so hot for the average American consumer.

    Virtually every Florida resident over the age of 18 is a bankrupt former real estate agent whose half-million dollar stucco starter home has gone into foreclosure. Additionally, the national unemployment "trend" looks more like a national unemployment "vortex of doom" every day, while our shaky stock market plunges into a selloff every time somebody in the Obama administration talks to the press.

    In other words, we are heading rapidly toward nationwide homelessness, unemployment, and poverty. It's the perfect time for a peasant revolt!

    Think about it. Ordinary people are living out of their cars and bathing in the restrooms of truck stops while Wall Street executives feebly plead their case with the New York Times and Congress appears to be headed toward removing Obama's proposed executive pay caps from the stimulus bill.

    No wonder outraged citizens are storming the castles of mortgage executives and baying for blood.

    Yesterday in Florida, we witnessed two people -- Julio Osegueda and Harriet Hughes -- weeping with joy at the prospect that they might not have to spend the rest of their lives in dead-end jobs or no jobs at all. Their ticket out of nowheresville? The fact that they were fortunate enough to be called on by the president at a rally.

    This is how hopeless things have gotten: that some people believe that the only way to avoid complete poverty and ruination is somehow to get a personal audience with the president. So what about the other 99.99% of the rest of us who can't afford gas or a plane ticket to Obama's next town hall meeting? Grab a pitchfork.

    Keynesian economist and Venn diagram enthusiast Sara K. Smith writes for NBC and Wonkette.

  2. #2
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Exclamation Jeesh.........

    What an Idiot............ where do you find this stuff? It's gotta be real, nobody can make this stupidity up from scratch........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    What an Idiot............ where do you find this stuff? It's gotta be real, nobody can make this stupidity up from scratch........
    NBC4, Washington, DC news, Harve. Its all "local" heehehehehee

  4. #4
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Talking Yeah, That Too................

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    NBC4, Washington, DC news, Harve. Its all "local" heehehehehee

    "All News, All Live, All Latebreaking, All Fabricated, All The Time"


    Yeah, I've listened to that...............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  5. #5
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Where did this reporter chick get her information?Usually,they don't let local reporters do much thinking for themselves on national news but let them comment on the network feeds.

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    "Yes. I know. PULL!"

    How Long Before the Peasants Revolt?

    Wealthy elites would do well to make some concessions while they still can
    By SARA K. SMITH

    Updated 2:00 PM EST, Wed, Feb 11, 2009

    Wobbling markets, growing populist sentiment...it's just a matter of time before the citizen mobs take over.

    Things are not looking so hot for the average American consumer.

    Virtually every Florida resident over the age of 18 is a bankrupt former real estate agent whose half-million dollar stucco starter home has gone into foreclosure. Additionally, the national unemployment "trend" looks more like a national unemployment "vortex of doom" every day, while our shaky stock market plunges into a selloff every time somebody in the Obama administration talks to the press.

    In other words, we are heading rapidly toward nationwide homelessness, unemployment, and poverty. It's the perfect time for a peasant revolt!

    Think about it. Ordinary people are living out of their cars and bathing in the restrooms of truck stops while Wall Street executives feebly plead their case with the New York Times and Congress appears to be headed toward removing Obama's proposed executive pay caps from the stimulus bill.

    No wonder outraged citizens are storming the castles of mortgage executives and baying for blood.

    Yesterday in Florida, we witnessed two people -- Julio Osegueda and Harriet Hughes -- weeping with joy at the prospect that they might not have to spend the rest of their lives in dead-end jobs or no jobs at all. Their ticket out of nowheresville? The fact that they were fortunate enough to be called on by the president at a rally.

    This is how hopeless things have gotten: that some people believe that the only way to avoid complete poverty and ruination is somehow to get a personal audience with the president. So what about the other 99.99% of the rest of us who can't afford gas or a plane ticket to Obama's next town hall meeting? Grab a pitchfork.

    Keynesian economist and Venn diagram enthusiast Sara K. Smith writes for NBC and Wonkette.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    I dunno myself, either. Although I have sort of wondered what a "Wonkette" is, but not enough to click the hyperlink to find out. Actually I think I am a bit scared of what I might find there. Sometimes sleeping hyperlinks are best left "unclicked".
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    firecat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Betwixt here and there.
    Posts
    3,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    I dunno myself, either. Although I have sort of wondered what a "Wonkette" is, but not enough to click the hyperlink to find out. Actually I think I am a bit scared of what I might find there. Sometimes sleeping hyperlinks are best left "unclicked".
    It's a gossip blog. :P

  8. #8
    makes good girls go bad
    BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    I lived in Florida. I was over 18. I wasn't an unemployed real estate agent living in a .5 million dollar home.

    Worthless diatribe such as this exemplifies why journalism is a dying art.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  9. #9
    55 Years & Still Rolling
    hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Talking Yeah................

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    I lived in Florida. I was over 18. I wasn't an unemployed real estate agent living in a .5 million dollar home.

    Worthless diatribe such as this exemplifies why journalism is a dying art.


    AJ, Journalism isn't dead, it just smells that way.........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    rhvfd1214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen,MS USA
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Does this mean I don't need my pitch-fork?

    Call me for the next "mob" meeting....
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register