Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Exclamation FP&S Grant Narratives

Hey guys I am writing the FP&S narrative for our local volunteer fire department. We are looking to try and get some knox boxes to put into our district. Just wondering if anyone has any successful narrtives they would be willing to share. Not just limited to knox boxes either any and all successful narratives are welcome. Please email them to ontariofirerescue@yahoo.com

Thanks for the ideas.

Forum Member

Default cad program and laptops in rigs

Does anyone know if getting cad and preplan information on laptops in all rigs would fall under allowable projects. i have read through guidance from 08 and cant find a difinative answer

Would anyone be willing to share their KNox Box Narrative with me too?

mmpwfireco@innernet.net

Thanks

Forum Member

Default Smoke detector narrative/ fire extinguisher prop narrative

I am looking for a smoke detector narrative and a narrative for a fire extinguisher prop. can anyone help me out?

Webmaster@drakescrossingfire.c om

Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by wcuemgt View Post
    Hey guys I am writing the FP&S narrative for our local volunteer fire department. We are looking to try and get some knox boxes to put into our district. Just wondering if anyone has any successful narrtives they would be willing to share. Not just limited to knox boxes either any and all successful narratives are welcome. Please email them to ontariofirerescue@yahoo.com

Thanks for the ideas.
    I am writing one for this year and am kind of stuck. I am wondering too if anyone has any knox box-type narratives to share with me. Thanks!

bethkayhart@hotmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by befferk View Post
    I am writing one for this year and am kind of stuck. I am wondering too if anyone has any knox box-type narratives to share with me. Thanks!

bethkayhart@hotmail.com
    I can't help with the narrative, but it's great to see you back out in GrantLand!! Welcome back to the Asylum.

earl

Quote Originally Posted by hoserbt View Post
    Does anyone know if getting cad and preplan information on laptops in all rigs would fall under allowable projects. i have read through guidance from 08 and cant find a difinative answer
    I would think that CAD is operations. For it to be prevention it would have to be geared towards pre-planning and inspections not toward the CAD side of things I would think. I know it addresses MDT in the Operations PG though which again makes me think this would fall under operations. Just my limited opinion though.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    I can't help with the narrative, but it's great to see you back out in GrantLand!! Welcome back to the Asylum.

earl
    Thanks! I've been lurking from time to time. Took a little time off from the grant game, lots of other changes (positive ones) taking place on our department lately, so I've had my hands full! Now I recently got told to throw one of these together, have had to get myself back into the "groove"!

Beth

Forum Member

I am looking for a smoke detector narrative and a narrative for a fire extinguisher prop. can anyone help me out?

So am I. Does anyone have any they could send to me for thoughts and ideas. I do NOT intend to just copy someone else's narrative.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default computers

Quote Originally Posted by hoserbt View Post
    Does anyone know if getting cad and preplan information on laptops in all rigs would fall under allowable projects. i have read through guidance from 08 and cant find a definitive answer
    I think if you put them in the apparatus you will have a hard time convincing the evaluators they are not MDT, which are not allowed by the program guidance. Computers necessary to track a program or as an electronic check list for prevention staff to conduct inspections/pre-plans might be an easier sell. Just my thoughts

MembersZone Subscriber

Default narrative

Quote Originally Posted by wcuemgt View Post
    Hey guys I am writing the FP&S narrative for our local volunteer fire department. We are looking to try and get some knox boxes to put into our district. Just wondering if anyone has any successful narratives they would be willing to share. Not just limited to knox boxes either any and all successful narratives are welcome. Please email them to ontariofirerescue@yahoo.com

Thanks for the ideas.
    I just completed my narrative (multi hazard program for seniors), it looks as though the first step would be your vulnerability assessment or risk analysis. This can be formal or informal perhaps a survey to your staff on how often they are delayed and how long they are delayed, what damage has occurred due to this delay etc... If you don't do this first you are dead in the water. I would look beyond Knox too, there is a company in RI that produces a product very comparable to knox for much less money. (Emergency Access Systems) on average the savings are about $100 per box.

Mark

MembersZone Subscriber

I am looking for a smoke detector narrative and a narrative for a fire extinguisher prop. Thank you.

danwill@jamadots.com

Thread Information