Forum Member

Default R.I.P Jeremy Lusk

Any of you motocrossers out there should know who this great guy is...

Pleas​e help us conti​nue to suppo​rt Jerem​y Lusk and his memor​y while​ we raise​ money​ to suppo​rt his beaut​iful wife Laure​n.Monst​er and Oakle​y prese​nt "On the Pipe 5" at 7 pm at the Oakle​y Headq​uarte​rs locat​ed at 1 Icon Stree​t,​ Footh​ill Ranch​,​ CA 92610​Pleas​e come check​ out this aweso​me movie​ premi​ere and share​ the memor​ies of Jerem​y Lusk

Forum Member

Amen man, Amen. Sucks to see this kind of thing happen,
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Forum Member

Saw this last week on www.600rr.net, a site for HONDA CBR 600RR rider's. It was a horrific and very violent crash.
    http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=128605

My condolences to Jeremy's wife, family, friend's, and the Freestyle Motocross community.

Godspeed Jeremy Lusk

Forum Member

Not to be too harsh but why would we need to support someone's wife, when they are sponsered by Oakley, Monster, and numerous others manufacturer's?

Savage / Hyneman 08'

I've been out of the game for a while....

Related to Ezra Lusk?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MOFIRE View Post
    Not to be too harsh but why would we need to support someone's wife, when they are sponsered by Oakley, Monster, and numerous others manufacturer's?
    energy drink companies cant support a family mentally. and thier isnt that much money involved. Sponsors work kind of like commission when you win or do well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MOFIRE View Post
    Jerem​y Lusk died while crashing during motocross. I'm still confused as well. Since he was well known his wife deserves more support than say... The man hit yesterday by a drunk driver with a family of 5.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bharer75 View Post
    energy drink companies cant support a family mentally. and thier isnt that much money involved. Sponsors work kind of like commission when you win or do well.
    I would bet each of his sponsorships was work 25k plus, with about 10 sponsors at least, I would say the family should be doing fine financially. Supporting them emotionally is different.

Forum Member

MOFIRE wrote "Not to be too harsh but why would we need to support someone's wife, when they are sponsered by Oakley, Monster, and numerous others manufacturer's? "

FireEeyore wrote "Jerem​y Lusk died while crashing during motocross. I'm still confused as well. Since he was well known his wife deserves more support than say... The man hit yesterday by a drunk driver with a family of 5."

MOFIRE wrote "I would bet each of his sponsorships was worth 25k plus, with about 10 sponsors at least, I would say the family should be doing fine financially. Supporting them emotionally is different."

So let me get this straight........a young man who lost his life trying to make a living doing what he loved, Freestyle Motocross, his life is less valuable than say, a person who was killed by a drunk driver, or a firefighter trying to make a living doing what he loves, or a 90 year old man who dies from cardiac arrest? Tragic is tragic. He was a young man....24 year's old.

If you guy's don't wish to donate that is your choice, no one here is forcing you to give anything. There are many of us firefighter's here who do enjoy motocross racing/riding, streetbike racing/riding, ATV racing/riding, Professional race car racing, Professional drag racing, surfing, rock climbing, and the list goes on and who may or may not chose to give/donate to this fund.

Please don't discount Jeremy Lusk's life by being blind to what he chose to do for a living and how he tragically was killed doing what HE loved and had a passion for.

Forum Member

When did I say his life was less or more valuable than anyone else's? My point about the drunk driver was to allude that he doesn't deserve MORE support but the same support. That's all. Don't strawman my post.

I am just tired of people ranking the value of life as if they have any idea of who they are even talking about. Maybe you have met Mr Lusk. Maybe he came to your house and had a cup of tea. But, it just seems odd to me.

It seems almost disingenuous to lament over the famous.
    Last edited by FireEeyore; 02-18-2009 at 03:52 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireEeyore View Post
    When did I say his life was less or more valuable than anyone else's? My point about the drunk driver was to allude that he doesn't deserve MORE support but the same support. That's all. Don't strawman my post.

I am just tired of people ranking the value of life as if they have any idea of who they are even talking about. Maybe you have met Mr Lusk. Maybe he came to your house and had a cup of tea. But, it just seems odd to me.

It seems almost disingenuous to lament over the famous.
    "It seems almost disingenuous to lament over the famous"

If im catching your drift this is what your calling me out on

the firefighters I mourn arent famous, The extent of my knowledge to Jeremies life or family is cut short aside from seeing his performances, small talk of something we both love, riding, and leading up to the funeral reception.

The motocross community is a lot like the fireservice, but, in motocross, there are fewer members and a lot fewer deaths. Its just like meeting or seeing a fellow firefighter, to the extent of my knowledge of him or her they are still a comrade, someone you share an identical passion for life with, to the extent of knowing this individual does not greatly contradict my feelings towards that individual. To others outside of racing, this might seem like a rich idol who has his life made with sponsors and is pretty much carefree, but, i have to tell you, there is not as much money as people think there is. For me, I was a sponsored amatuer racer, to say the least, sponsors only pay for increments of entries, mechanical work and etc. The image of getting all these free energy drinks and living "rich and famous" is all marketing. Yea you get free drinks, but you still pay for a car, house, family, most of your bikes work...etc and trust me, its far from a cheap sport.

an arguement could be a pro supercross racer with a factory team and the whole jalopy. there is probably 50 guys in the whole sport who have it all cut out for them. They get mass paychecks for winning and marketing products in T.V and magazines.

but freestylers dont have it nearly as easy, and yes they do get "bonus checks" and have some "pocket change" but thats not the whole story.

also, being a smaller "tightknit" community with fewer deaths hits a bit harder.

Thread Information