Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Overseas fireservice companies

I would like to start a thread with the different companies and the perspective web sites who hire overseas fireservice Personnel. I know a lot of people come on here looking for different companies and it can be hard to sort through 300 page Iraq thread. If it turns out alright, maybe one of the Moderators will sticky it and have it at the top of this sub forum. I think it would be best to list them in here and if you wanted to discuss a certain company make a new thread. Letís see how this turns out.

WSI : Kristian Kluzinski (202) 276-9351 (M)

KBR http://www.kbr.com/careers/about_kbr/index.aspx

DynCorp www.dyncorprecruiting.com

Raytheon www.rayjobs.com

ITT http://www.itt.com/careers/

CSA www.csakuwait.com

Sally port: www.sallyportglobal.com

Vinnell Arabia www.vinnellarabia.net

Kwajalein Range Services http://www.krsjv.com/index.html

Stanley Baker Hill (SBH): Task Force Safe, www.stanleyconsultants.com www.mbakercorp.com www.hillintl.com

Forum Member

Last edited by infusion; 06-14-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Forum Member

Default Thanks!

Thank you this is very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq4life View Post
    I would like to start a thread with the different companies and the perspective web sites who hire overseas fireservice Personnel. I know a lot of people come on here looking for different companies and it can be hard to sort through 300 page Iraq thread. If it turns out alright, maybe one of the Moderators will sticky it and have it at the top of this sub forum. I think it would be best to list them in here and if you wanted to discuss a certain company make a new thread. Letís see how this turns out.

WSI : Kristian Kluzinski (202) 276-9351 (M)

KBR http://www.kbr.com/careers/about_kbr/index.aspx

DynCorp www.dyncorprecruiting.com

Raytheon www.rayjobs.com

ITT http://www.itt.com/careers/

CSA www.csakuwait.com

Sally port: www.sallyportglobal.com

Vinnell Arabia www.vinnellarabia.net

Kwajalein Range Services http://www.krsjv.com/index.html

Stanley Baker Hill (SBH): Task Force Safe, www.stanleyconsultants.com www.mbakercorp.com www.hillintl.com

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Last edited by infusion; 06-14-2009 at 03:07 PM.

271 views in 2 days and nobody has any more links?

Forum Member

Default Kwajalein

The web site is correct. We are about full. A few positions are opem, then again, there seems to be an opening every month. Need info, feel free to contact me.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am trying to get on somewhere overseas. The only downside is despite all the certs I posess, my fire 1 &2 is holding me back. Because Michigan, where i went through fire 1&2, is not an IFSAC accredited state, I cannot get reciprocity here in Arizona therefore I cannot be employed due to some companies requirements. I went through the same academy and was taught out of the same IFSTA books as everyone here in AZ and I am almost certain many of the firefighters on this forum. I have been a FF1&2/EMT for almost 8 years now, mainly POC. Anyone know of any companies that do not require IFSAC?
    Last edited by firemunky; 02-24-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemunky View Post
    I am trying to get on somewhere overseas. The only downside is despite all the certs I posess, my fire 1 &2 is holding me back. Because Michigan, where i went through fire 1&2, is not an IFSAC accredited state, I cannot get reciprocity here in Arizona therefore I cannot be employed due to some companies requirements. I went through the same academy and was taught out of the same IFSTA books as everyone here in AZ and I am almost certain many of the firefighters on this forum. I have been a FF1&2/EMT for almost 8 years now, mainly POC. Anyone know of any companies that do not require IFSAC?
    Hey firemunky,

I am a MI firefighter myself and ran into the same problem. I hate to tell you this but there is no way around it. If you want to work overseas you need IFSAC or ProBoard. I went thru Buck's County Community College and got both IFSAC and ProBoard certs. It is one weekend and you can get your MI certs converted to IFSAC and ProBoard. I got my FF 1 and 2, HazMat Aw, and HazMat ops converted. It cost about $280 for the whole thing. It was not a bad price at all and there test and training center was very good. The other good thing about getting the certs is if you plan on moving to just about any state they will transfer to most states. You will have to take a written test and a practical test but seeing how you have been a firefighter for 8 years it will be no problem.

Here is the website for them: http://www.bucks.edu/publicsafety/

The other school that I have seen that may work for you is Texas A&M.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Hollywood126; 02-26-2009 at 07:34 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Hollywood!! I will give that a shot.

By the way, what department are you with? Just thought you might be using a nickname as a forum name. And if that is the case, I know of a hollywood that worked at the department that neighbored mine back in Michigan.

Default Any of the companies Better than the others

I'm looking at going overseas. Does anyone recommend one company vs another?

Forum Member

Default Good advice

Holywoods advise is right on the money. I have two friends from MI who had to do the same thing. I am lucky cause I live a mere 30 min from the (Bucks)training center. If money is an issue we can always provide you with a place to stay for the weekend. Hope it all works out for you, let me know if I can be of any assistance. Good luck, be safe.

Terence

QUOTE=firemunky;1038244]Thanks Hollywood!! I will give that a shot.

By the way, what department are you with? Just thought you might be using a nickname as a forum name. And if that is the case, I know of a hollywood that worked at the department that neighbored mine back in Michigan.[/QUOTE]

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Trmcc....I will keep that in mind as well.

Forum Member

Thanks Hollywood!! I will give that a shot.

By the way, what department are you with? Just thought you might be using a nickname as a forum name. And if that is the case, I know of a hollywood that worked at the department that neighbored mine back in Michigan.
    It is a good chance that you know me if your department is in Oakland County or you worked EMS in Detroit with a private company. I worked for the Franklin-Bingham Fire Department 5 years now and I also worked EMS in Detroit and Higland Park for a few years.
    Last edited by Hollywood126; 02-26-2009 at 05:51 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool.......I actually worked for STAR in Pontiac and was POC at the City of Wixom. We definatly probably know each other or have at least met.

Forum Member

Cool.......I actually worked for STAR in Pontiac and was POC at the City of Wixom. We definatly probably know each other or have at least met.
    Oh yeah, STAR EMS transports for our department. I am sure I have see you on scene then at one point. I also took my fire acadamy at Highland Township for the 2004-2005 year. AMR had the contract for that area but STAR took it over shortly after the start of the acadamy. There were and are a few guys that work for STAR and are on the Department.

MembersZone Subscriber

oh cool.....I took fire 1 & 2 there too. Lieutenant Roselle was our instructor. Hit me up at firemunky27@yahoo.com.

Forum Member

Yeah Lt. Rosey

Forum Member

Bump......

Thread Information