Forum Member

It is definetely running monday the 11th and friday the 15th.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Cub get PM and I will help you out some.

Forum Member

Ok, I have PM now...

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyStoopid View Post
    Did anyone get above an 80%? I'm wondering if they're going to add the 20% later to make 100%. Are any out of towners scheduled for the 11th?
    i scored well above 80%... i'm scheduled for the 11th(AM) but not from out of town..

Did anyone go to the practice physical? What did you think of it? Also, does anybody know if the order of events for the practice is the order for the actual test?

Did anyone attend the practice physical? What did you think of it? Also, does anybody know if the order of events for the practice was same as the actual test?

Forum Member

900 passed the written exam but only 700 showed up for the physical. 200 no shows. Looks like a 1 in 7 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherlung1 View Post
    900 passed the written exam but only 700 showed up for the physical. 200 no shows. Looks like a 1 in 7 shot.
    967 Were invited to the Physical!

Anyone no some of the higher scores on the written?

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherlung1 View Post
    967 were invited to the Agility Test. Anyone know any of the higher scores on the written test?

967 were invited to the agility test. Anyone know some of the higher scores on the written exam?

Forum Member

With the new council voted in, whats the deal with the postponed fire recruit list?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyStoopid View Post
    With the new council voted in, whats the deal with the postponed fire recruit list?
    To be honest man, they are looking at laying off between 36-100 Cincinnati Firefighters. So that would be the last two classes and going into a third class. So, by looking at that, they would hire all of them back first, which would require that many more people to retire. If they lay that many people off, then they would more then likely need to close companies. It is a mess right now, and I would be patient. Personally, I would not expect another class for at least a year or two, especially if they lay off. City Council and the City Manager need to figure out this budget first and then go from there.

Smile

Got an e-mail Friday from the city stating they are resuming the process. The Oral Boards will start in April!

MembersZone Subscriber

I got the email as well, although I was at an interview with another department and a current Cincinnati firefighter was interviewing also. He said they are possibly going to lay off some guys (hence the reason he was interviewing with another department), anyone have any idea what is up with Cincinnati?

Forum Member

Also got the email last Friday.....I'm stoked it happened a lot sooner than the 2 years some were expecting from the city.

No layoffs for any of the current FF's (brother-in-law was one of them).

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm excited as well, just keep in mind the email said the city is not guaranteeing a class of this list. I'm assuming they are getting things ready in case a last minute "deal" comes through and they can run a class, better to be ahead than behind.

Forum Member

I've been told, I think the last class that graduated in 09 was based off of a second list. The original first list was passed over.
    Last edited by MkRacer220; 03-26-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MkRacer220 View Post
    I know the last class that graduated in 09 was based off of a second list. The original first list was passed over.
    WTF are you talking about?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MkRacer220 View Post
    I've been told, I think the last class that graduated in 09 was based off of a second list. The original first list was passed over.
    The last class that graduated was based off of the test in 2008. There was one list generated and one class came off the list. The list has since expired. There was no second list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CarnyTheKid View Post
    The last class that graduated was based off of the test in 2008. There was one list generated and one class came off the list. The list has since expired. There was no second list.
    I must have heard wrong then. I heard the Chief didn't like anyone on the first list so he said to make another.

Forum Member

Considering the 4 in 10, rule, that would be unnecessary... The Chief only picks 4 out of every 10 people (simplified), leaving 6 people with higher scores to sh*t in their hat

MembersZone Subscriber

deleted...Carney explains it better then I ever could
    Last edited by XU2414; 03-30-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by XU2414 View Post
    SAFER grant was awarded to Cincy.......6.9 MIL. As long as the city approves it, I will offer good luck to you all in the process (as they resumed the old process). Its a great department to work for!!
    http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...Y5y4gijfA.cspx

There's a link, probably one of many articles to come.

For those of you in this process, the city is not REQUIRED to accept this grant but here is a little background info. This grant will pay 100 percent of salary and benefits for the firefighters hired with it for 2 years. If they accept the grant they are required to NOT LAYOFF for an additional year after so you would be safe for at least 3 years. There are classes in 80' and 81' that will have 8 years in the DROP in 2013 and 2014 (around 100 total FFs) respectively so your jobs would be safe even afterward.

Once this grant is awarded the time frame for the 2 years starts ticking 90 days after the awarded date. So the faster Cincy moves, the better. I do not know the exact number but I believe they applied for 40 positions.

It is my interpretation of the Grant that they must maintain a certain staffing level if they accept the grant. Therefore when people retire within the 2 year time frame they would have to hire more firefighters, people underneath you. Again that is my interpretation of it.

In any case this is great news for the fire department as well as all of you in the process, good luck!

Forum Member

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...r+firefighters

This article goes into a little more of why they may not use it and why.

Forum Member

Great to see articles in the paper about this! 40 positions.... my chance gets a little better.

So nervous and excited and it's not even officially yes or no'd.

Thread Information